PDA

View Full Version : NAMES SURFACING FOR RAMS' FRONT OFFICE

justasportsfan
05-08-2006, 11:40 AM
NAMES SURFACING FOR RAMS' FRONT OFFICE

We've confirmed that multiple scouts were scalped by the St. Louis Rams on Friday, even though the "real" media hasn't said a peep about the transactions.

We're also now hearing that former Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe and current Dolphins G.M. Rany Mueller's names have popped up as possible new additions to the Rams' front office, in not-yet-specified roles.

Because Mueller doesn't have final say over the draft and/or the 53-man roster, and does not have the power to hire and fire the head coach, he'd need to acquire such duties in order to be able to leave Miami without the blessing of the team. So if the Fins were to allow Mueller to take a lateral move, it could be a sign that the guy who calls the shots in South Florida -- coach Nick Saban -- isn't happy with the performance of the former Saints' G.M. in less than a year on the job.

In St. Louis, Mueller would be reunited with former Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and, more significantly, former Saints head coach Jim Haslett. Mueller and Haslett had emerged as a strong one-two punch several years ago, before Saints owner Tom Benson abruptly fired Mueller.

Donahoe essentially has faded from view since being released by the Bills. We've heard that, if he join the Rams, it won't be as the G.M.

Charley Armey currently is the Rams' G.M. There has been speculation of late that he'll soon be let go.

No link. Pulled it from FH. Thanks Nuby.

Edit: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

It's pft, so......

ryjam282
05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I really can't see Donahoe getting a job of big time authority anytime soon. He didn't show anything with the Bills except how to completely ignore the O-line.

Jeff1220
05-08-2006, 12:50 PM
If I were an owner, I'd be happy with him handling the business operations, as long as he stayed far far away from the football side of things.

YardRat
05-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Chris Mortenson will be putting the positive spin for TD in his commentaries any day now.

billsburgh
05-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Chris Mortenson will be putting the positive spin for TD in his commentaries any day now.
That is if he can take his lips off of Donahoe's ass long enought to do that.