X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

gandy isnt going anywhere...

In fact, he probably was the most consistent performer on an offensive line maligned for its inconsistency.

"He's done a terrific job for us," McNally said. "He's done everything we've asked and he was very consistent last year. It's good to have him for a second year."
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Re: gandy isnt going anywhere...

Well that explains a lot...Why we didn't go after a LT in the draft. It will be interesting to see what comes of him. I wasn't that down on him last year. Sure, he isn't Walter Jones out there but then again no one is. I thought he did a solid job. Not a pro bowler but not a laughing stock either. He should only get better with Mouse coaching him.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

The problem came from the interior of the O-line last year, for the most part. Anderson, Teague and Villarial all played like crap. Villarial was hurt for some games, and when Preston filled in, he looked like crap too.

I thought the tackles (Peters and Gandy) did an adequate job.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
        The problem came from the interior of the O-line last year, for the most part. Anderson, Teague and Villarial all played like crap. Villarial was hurt for some games, and when Preston filled in, he looked like crap too.

I agree. I think LT needs an upgrade if we're going to have a truly spectacular line, but interior was certainly a bigger problem. I'm interested to see how Butler figures into their plans, and if Peters stays on the right side.
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
          I agree. I think LT needs an upgrade if we're going to have a truly spectacular line, but interior was certainly a bigger problem. I'm interested to see how Butler figures into their plans, and if Peters stays on the right side.
          Butler is a long term solution and will likely be in the PS this year. Gibson will back up at tackle position and maybe even McFarland. I have to believe that they will dump Jerman. However, if they do want more backup than those two, I'd take either Butler or Pennington over Jerman!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

merge this with the other thread.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Butler is a long term solution and will likely be in the PS this year. Gibson will back up at tackle position and maybe even McFarland. I have to believe that they will dump Jerman. However, if they do want more backup than those two, I'd take either Butler or Pennington over Jerman!!!
              McFarland? He's a goner. No way would we have drafted 2 OT's if we didn't have plans to dump some practice squad meat IMO. Jerman was the back-up last year and while he isn't great, he's still better than McFarland. I'm hoping Butler wins the back-up position on the right while Peters makes a slide if Gandy gets hurt.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral

Well said. Like anyone I'd love to have a Walter Jones at LT, but Gandy was not the reason our OL sucked last year. The middle was putrid and hopefully Fowler and Reyes get that up to par.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Butler is a long term solution and will likely be in the PS this year.
                  Isn't he fair game to other teams if he placed on the PS?
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• billsburgh
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    yes, if he is on their active roster

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Yes, but he'll be too raw to be a starter and too frail to even backup. People won't grab him. He's just not ready.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by andyxc71
                        McFarland? He's a goner. No way would we have drafted 2 OT's if we didn't have plans to dump some practice squad meat IMO. Jerman was the back-up last year and while he isn't great, he's still better than McFarland. I'm hoping Butler wins the back-up position on the right while Peters makes a slide if Gandy gets hurt.
                        I would completely disagree. Jerman ranked down there with Pucillo as one of the worst Olinemen I've ever seen. McFarland made vast improvements last year and is staying in shape (and hopefully getting stronger) playing in NFL Europe. We'll have to see if he's improved, but in watching him in TC last year, I saw remarkable improvement. I agree with Peters making a slide, but Gibson would probably take over RT instead of Jerman. Jerman to me is completely useless and a waste of a roster spot!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Yes, but he'll be too raw to be a starter and too frail to even backup. People won't grab him. He's just not ready.
                          I wouldn't risk it. Cut McFarland or someone else on the team but placing him on PS is too risky.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

I wouldn't risk it. Cut McFarland or someone else on the team but placing him on PS is too risky.
                            Risky? Why? He was a 2nd day pick. He has a long way to go before he's ready to play in the NFL. No team is going to use up a roster spot for someone that is probably atleast 2 years away from being able to contribute...McFarland has more upside right now than Butler does. It would be a mistake to cut McFarland over Butler this year. Even next year, Butler will likely not be ready - but might be ready for a backup position - depending on how he progresses this year.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

We better pray JMac is right about Gandy. I feel Fowler is going to shock folks at Center and Reyes is an upgrade to fat Mike Anderson. I am just wondering when he will practice with the first string and put anderson to pasture?

Comment

Working...
                              X