PDA

View Full Version : No Scrimmages anymore!

Michael82
05-08-2006, 02:09 PM
No Scrimmage: The Bills will not hold a scrimmage this summer. Dick Jauron said he has never held a scrimmage as a head coach and rather use the time at the camp in St. Johns Fisher. The team had a one year agreement to scrimmage the Packers last year and it was successful. If the old regime was still around they may have done it again. The team scrimmaged the Browns the past few years before the Packers scrimmage last year.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#050806

Damn, This was our year to host it. It's always a fun time when another team comes to St John Fisher. It makes the camp a little more exciting. :mad:

Michael82
05-08-2006, 02:41 PM
hopefully we'll still have the night practices.... :pray:

ICE74129
05-08-2006, 03:20 PM
hopefully we'll still have the night practices.... :pray:
Its too late at night for Ralph and Marv. They gotta hit the bed about 7 you know...

Michael82
05-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Its too late at night for Ralph and Marv. They gotta hit the bed about 7 you know...
:rofl: I think Ralph still went to the night practices last year. but i could be wrong.

Pride
05-08-2006, 04:56 PM
With 4 preseason games, there should be no need for a scrimmage. In fact, I think camp needs to be harder overall this year... the last few years, they don't spend much time actually doing much.

patmoran2006
05-08-2006, 09:10 PM
We can scrimmage UB.

Dont drink the water
05-08-2006, 10:09 PM
:rofl: I think Ralph still went to the night practices last year. but i could be wrong.

He did. Maybe whomever reported he didn't went to bed early or had to have his nap.

OpIv37
05-08-2006, 10:26 PM

don't forget practice has to wind up around 3 so Marv and Ralph can still make the Early Bird Special at Old Country Buffet.

Throne Logic
05-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Actually, DJ further stated that he'd be up for the scrimmage if another team came in. Specifically, DJ doesn't want to waste time travelling.

Didn't we get an extra pre-season game last time we changed Head Coaches? Or is that an extra OTA?

Michael82
05-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Actually, DJ further stated that he'd be up for the scrimmage if another team came in. Specifically, DJ doesn't want to waste time travelling.

Didn't we get an extra pre-season game last time we changed Head Coaches? Or is that an extra OTA?
Extra Mini Camp and that was what they had last month before the draft.

Michael82
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
With 4 preseason games, there should be no need for a scrimmage. In fact, I think camp needs to be harder overall this year... the last few years, they don't spend much time actually doing much.
I just hope that they don't go back to "Club Marv" :ill: