PDA

View Full Version : I'm loving the lead, but

chernobylwraiths
05-08-2006, 08:55 PM
the Sabre's seem to be completely outplayed. I STILL see the Senators getting to the loose pucks first, winning the battles for the most part for loose pucks and having more scoring chances. I'm hoping they are just desperate to win at home.

Miller was awesome tonight. This one he stole.

Bill Brasky
05-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Well, I was expecting Miller to win us at least 1, and Emery to blow one.

So far, both have happened.

Another positive - we've beaten the best team in the NHL twice in 2 different ways - they showed they can beat them with offense and beat them with defense.

Interested to see what happens on our Ice. This team needs to play better hockey, they've been lucky so far. 17 SOG is not going to win you a lot of playoff games. Miller cannot make 43 saves every night and keep getting W's for this squad.

Don't count out the Sens on our Ice folks... I know it was a lesser opponent, but Ottaway spanked TB on their ice so this series is far from over.

Meathead
05-08-2006, 09:09 PM
i know youve heard it a jillion times but good teams find new ways to win

- the flyers tried to outhit the sabres into submission and the sabres turned that against them

- the sens tried to run and gun the sabres and the sabres just kept counterpunching

- the sens put 44 shots on net but the bulk of them were perimeter shots and miller steals one

many times weve seen teams win the style points and lose the series. thats what has happened so far in these two games

Philagape
05-08-2006, 09:12 PM
2-0

NO BUTS

Bill Brasky
05-08-2006, 09:14 PM
- the sens put 44 shots on net but the bulk of them were perimeter shots and miller steals one

great point. watching the game I was noticing the same thing. But when the Sens had good shots Miller had an answer for them. He played amazing tonight.

MTBillsFan
05-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Miller was right on tonight... 2-0 is great...we've been lucky. I'm looking at shear heart and determination though. We may not be making every single play but so far, we've made the plays when they really count! In addition to that, we're making Ottawa pay for their mistakes. Two game winners on mishandled pucks.

GO SABRES!

YardRat
05-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Ottawa won't get away with just one penalty per period in HSBC...Hopefully the PP will pick it up a little bit at home.

SabreEleven
05-08-2006, 10:38 PM
This series is FAR from over....far

YardRat
05-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Ottawa has never come back to win a series after losing the first two games.

Hopefully the streak continues :D

Meathead
05-08-2006, 10:54 PM
well they certainly can come back from this

the truth is the sens have controlled most of the play so far but incredible grit, talent, and some luck has the good guys with a 2-0 lead. it could be very different

anybody who isnt very nervous about the sens coming into bflo and turning the series right back around is a lecter ... err i mean idiot

PUCKER
05-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Ottawa has never come back to win a series after losing the first two games.

Hopefully the streak continues :D

Well,were also undefeated at home so far...wait...HUSH UP! :mad:
Lets not jinx a good thing. :peace:

Dr. Lecter
05-09-2006, 07:24 AM
In the seven periods of this series, the Senators have outshot the Sabres in 6 of them, with only the OT period being different.

Hopefully the Sabres reboubd and stick the dagger deep Wednesday night.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Anyone who has watched these two games knows that the Sabres have not played their best. So if we can beat a very good team in their house twice, without playing well.....I see no way that the Sabres don't win 2 of the next 5 games.

Typ0
05-09-2006, 08:36 AM
The SENS are really concentrating on taking away our deep game and shooting lanes. It's not going to happen the way it's been happening in our building.

JD
05-09-2006, 12:54 PM
We play our best hockey at home, and I expect that trend to continue. We've won 7 of our last 8 at home. Including 3 playoff games and a win over Ottawa (which I was at, best game EVER).

JD
05-09-2006, 12:57 PM
The SENS are really concentrating on taking away our deep game and shooting lanes. It's not going to happen the way it's been happening in our building.
I think the Sabres are doing this more effectively.. Half the shots on miller were taken from bad angles or from the outside. We blocked alot of shots and our PK was deadly.

JD
05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Anyone who has watched these two games knows that the Sabres have not played their best. So if we can beat a very good team in their house twice, without playing well.....I see no way that the Sabres don't win 2 of the next 5 games.
Totally agreed. :posrep:

slakjaw157
05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
I agree, I am also very nervous. The Sens are a very good team and have outplayed us in both games. But, Buffalo has been capitalizing on Ottowa's mistakes. This thing is FAAAAAAAR from over.

I think I remember being up 3-0 on the Penguins a few years back and ended up losing it. I know it is a completely different Sabres team but it can happen.

Patrick76777
05-09-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree, I am also very nervous. The Sens are a very good team and have outplayed us in both games. But, Buffalo has been capitalizing on Ottowa's mistakes. This thing is FAAAAAAAR from over.

I think I remember being up 3-0 on the Penguins a few years back and ended up losing it. I know it is a completely different Sabres team but it can happen.

Not ture at all.

The Pens won games 1 and 2 here in buffalo. Then we won the next 3 games. The Pens came back to win game 6 and 7 in OT.

Just because they got more shots doesn't mean they outplayed us. Most of the Sens shots were from the outside. We took away most of the better chances.

Fact of the matter is, Ottawa is far and away the best team in the league. We're not going to beat them 8-2, 7-1 or 3-0. Each game will be a battle. At the end of the day, we won both games. And we did it on the road. Huge accomplishment.

Ottawa needs to beat us 4 times in the next 5 games. Not impossible, but I like our chances. Let's just at least get the split at home.

Typ0
05-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Just because they got more shots doesn't mean they outplayed us. Most of the Sens shots were from the outside. We took away most of the better chances.

That's what I have been seeing too. Someone said the SENS were doing a better job of taking away the shooting lanes...well a lot of those shots last night looked like crappy shots to me.

chernobylwraiths
05-09-2006, 05:17 PM
It was a short post, but I did say that the Sens seemed to be faster and get to the loose pucks quicker than we were. They were also out hitting the Sabres. There were also plenty of chances in close to the net, one that Alfredson shot wide. If Miller doesn't play his best game of the playoffs so far, this game would have gotten way out of hand. The defense for the Sabres DID play much better though getting in the shooting lanes, etc, but IMO the Senators have played MUCH better than the Sabres.

Hey, I'm also looking on the bright side. The Sabres haven't played as well as they are capable of playing and are still up 2-0. I'm excited that they could conceivably wrap it up at home. I hope Connolly is alright though. He has been very good this whole year, especially in the playoffs.

Philagape
05-09-2006, 05:19 PM
If one counts goaltending as part of the team, then no, they haven't outplayed us.

chernobylwraiths
05-09-2006, 05:36 PM
If one counts goaltending as part of the team, then no, they haven't outplayed us.

Well, I'll give you that. In that matter we have definitely outplayed them.