X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

What are we going to do about DT?

It seems pretty obvious to me (maybe I am missing something) that we still need a run stuffing DT before the season starts.

There will be some guys available after June 1st or maybe even later.....I don't mind waiting until right before the season...there will be opportunities to
    fill this need---I just hope Marv does the right thing and grabs someone.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: What are we going to do about DT?

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    (maybe I am missing something)
    The boat would be my first guess.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i guess we are hoping that bill kollar, who has a reputation for being one of the best Dline coaches in the nfl, will be able to bring out the best in Anderson and Williams, along with the rest of them.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• KW Fan
        • May 2006

Kyle Williams.......

Will start at DT this year.....

And he will play at a level that will suprise most NFL.

And he loves the DLine Coach.

KWF

Comment

• PIZ
          • Apr 2003

Re: Kyle Williams.......

Originally posted by KW Fan

KWF
          Are you related to him? He seems like a player and he has one good thing going for him...................Marv loves the guy.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Re: Kyle Williams.......

Originally posted by KW Fan

KWF
            Sounds like the high motor white guy we keep drafting. We had better hope our DL coach IS the best damn DL coach in the league. With our lack of talent, he is going to have to work a miracle.

Comment

• KW Fan
              • May 2006

This high motor crap...is just that...crap. I am very close friends to him and his family and he is a flat out badass football player.

He will not need a super coach....the guy is a player. As a team we need a super You will see in due time.

You should study up on him....before you classify him with other players who have not panned out for the Bills.

He is going to be a hell of player for your organization and make a big difference immediately.

You can bash....you can toss him in with picks that the Bills have made in the past that have not worked.....but you are going to have egg on your face.

We will talk after the 3rd or 4th game and see what you think then.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                It seems pretty obvious to me (maybe I am missing something) that we still need a run stuffing DT before the season starts.

There will be some guys available after June 1st or maybe even later.....I don't mind waiting until right before the season...there will be opportunities to
                fill this need---I just hope Marv does the right thing and grabs someone.
                Our Defense is based on what Chicago, Tampa Bay and Indianapolis are doing. All three are top 11 in defense, Tampa is #1, Chicago #2 and Indy #11. Out of those three teams there are no DTs among those who get significant playing time weighs over 302 pounds. There is no such thing as a 340 pound run stuffer like Adams or Pat Williams in this type of defense. Buffalo is set at DT. Im not saying they will be top 10 on defense for sure, but they have the pieces in place to do so. If they needed a run stuffer they would have drafted one instead of Kyle Williams.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  Our Defense is based on what Chicago, Tampa Bay and Indianapolis are doing. All three are top 11 in defense, Tampa is #1, Chicago #2 and Indy #11. Out of those three teams there are no DTs among those who get significant playing time weighs over 302 pounds. There is no such thing as a 340 pound run stuffer like Adams or Pat Williams in this type of defense. Buffalo is set at DT. Im not saying they will be top 10 on defense for sure, but they have the pieces in place to do so. If they needed a run stuffer they would have drafted one instead of Kyle Williams.
                  Any comments on this ICE?
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• KW Fan
                    • May 2006

Exactly the D-Tackles will penetrate and disrupt the backfield, make plays behind the LOS, and generally cause hell for the opposing offense. No need for a lard ass to stand in the middle so your second line of defense can make a play 3 yards past the LOS.

Buffalo is accumulating PLAYMAKERS......not Lard Asses.

It's a hell of a concept and will work very well......not only that but we picked the two best 1 gap players in the draft.

Geaux Bills,

KWF
                    Last edited by KW Fan; 05-09-2006, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Actually, too add to that, we need another DE to rush the passer, then we will have all the pieces in place. Thats assuming theres none on the current roster. Kelsay hasnt shown he can be dominant.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I have to say this makes me a little nervous- no run stuffers and an offense that can't stay on the field? That sounds a lot like last year's recipe for disaster.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                          • May 2004

Didn't we sign DE Mark Word? If he is the same guy he was in Cleveland, he could challenge Kelsay for his spot.
                          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            Good post, Mahdi. What is clear in these talks is that people don't understand the defense we are moving to. Therefore, continued talks is pointless - since they just believe that you can only stop the run with a big beefed space-eater out there. They will just have to see it themselves once it gets going...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              I have to say this makes me a little nervous- no run stuffers and an offense that can't stay on the field? That sounds a lot like last year's recipe for disaster.
                              Except the defense is entirely different.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X