PDA

View Full Version : What are we going to do about DT?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
It seems pretty obvious to me (maybe I am missing something) that we still need a run stuffing DT before the season starts.

There will be some guys available after June 1st or maybe even later.....I don't mind waiting until right before the season...there will be opportunities to
fill this need---I just hope Marv does the right thing and grabs someone.

Night Train
05-09-2006, 10:36 AM
(maybe I am missing something)

The boat would be my first guess.

Tatonka
05-09-2006, 10:38 AM
i guess we are hoping that bill kollar, who has a reputation for being one of the best Dline coaches in the nfl, will be able to bring out the best in Anderson and Williams, along with the rest of them.

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Will start at DT this year.....

And he will play at a level that will suprise most NFL.

And he loves the DLine Coach.

KWFhttp://images17.fotki.com/v308/photos/8/8912/2768628/DavidLSUWarriorSig0406-vi.jpg

PIZ
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM

KWFhttp://images17.fotki.com/v308/photos/8/8912/2768628/DavidLSUWarriorSig0406-vi.jpg

Are you related to him? He seems like a player and he has one good thing going for him...................Marv loves the guy.

ICE74129
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM

Sounds like the high motor white guy we keep drafting. We had better hope our DL coach IS the best damn DL coach in the league. With our lack of talent, he is going to have to work a miracle.

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
This high motor crap...is just that...crap. I am very close friends to him and his family and he is a flat out badass football player.

He will not need a super coach....the guy is a player. As a team we need a super You will see in due time.

You should study up on him....before you classify him with other players who have not panned out for the Bills.

He is going to be a hell of player for your organization and make a big difference immediately.

You can bash....you can toss him in with picks that the Bills have made in the past that have not worked.....but you are going to have egg on your face.

We will talk after the 3rd or 4th game and see what you think then.

Mahdi
05-09-2006, 11:54 AM
It seems pretty obvious to me (maybe I am missing something) that we still need a run stuffing DT before the season starts.

There will be some guys available after June 1st or maybe even later.....I don't mind waiting until right before the season...there will be opportunities to
Our Defense is based on what Chicago, Tampa Bay and Indianapolis are doing. All three are top 11 in defense, Tampa is #1, Chicago #2 and Indy #11. Out of those three teams there are no DTs among those who get significant playing time weighs over 302 pounds. There is no such thing as a 340 pound run stuffer like Adams or Pat Williams in this type of defense. Buffalo is set at DT. Im not saying they will be top 10 on defense for sure, but they have the pieces in place to do so. If they needed a run stuffer they would have drafted one instead of Kyle Williams.

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Our Defense is based on what Chicago, Tampa Bay and Indianapolis are doing. All three are top 11 in defense, Tampa is #1, Chicago #2 and Indy #11. Out of those three teams there are no DTs among those who get significant playing time weighs over 302 pounds. There is no such thing as a 340 pound run stuffer like Adams or Pat Williams in this type of defense. Buffalo is set at DT. Im not saying they will be top 10 on defense for sure, but they have the pieces in place to do so. If they needed a run stuffer they would have drafted one instead of Kyle Williams. Any comments on this ICE?

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Exactly the D-Tackles will penetrate and disrupt the backfield, make plays behind the LOS, and generally cause hell for the opposing offense. No need for a lard ass to stand in the middle so your second line of defense can make a play 3 yards past the LOS.

Buffalo is accumulating PLAYMAKERS......not Lard Asses.

It's a hell of a concept and will work very well......not only that but we picked the two best 1 gap players in the draft.

Geaux Bills,

KWF

Mahdi
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Actually, too add to that, we need another DE to rush the passer, then we will have all the pieces in place. Thats assuming theres none on the current roster. Kelsay hasnt shown he can be dominant.

OpIv37
05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
I have to say this makes me a little nervous- no run stuffers and an offense that can't stay on the field? That sounds a lot like last year's recipe for disaster.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Didn't we sign DE Mark Word? If he is the same guy he was in Cleveland, he could challenge Kelsay for his spot.

mysticsoto
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Our Defense is based on what Chicago, Tampa Bay and Indianapolis are doing. All three are top 11 in defense, Tampa is #1, Chicago #2 and Indy #11. Out of those three teams there are no DTs among those who get significant playing time weighs over 302 pounds. There is no such thing as a 340 pound run stuffer like Adams or Pat Williams in this type of defense. Buffalo is set at DT. Im not saying they will be top 10 on defense for sure, but they have the pieces in place to do so. If they needed a run stuffer they would have drafted one instead of Kyle Williams.

Good post, Mahdi. What is clear in these talks is that people don't understand the defense we are moving to. Therefore, continued talks is pointless - since they just believe that you can only stop the run with a big beefed space-eater out there. They will just have to see it themselves once it gets going...

Dr. Lecter
05-09-2006, 12:44 PM
I have to say this makes me a little nervous- no run stuffers and an offense that can't stay on the field? That sounds a lot like last year's recipe for disaster.

Except the defense is entirely different.

OpIv37
05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Except the defense is entirely different.

if they're on the field too long, how much does that really matter?

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Run Stuffers or Playmakers?????

I know it's only College Football but NOBAODY ran on LSU defense last year except Auburn and that was a scheme issue that we did not adjust too.

Kyle Williams and the other Starter will penetrate in the backfield and the LB'er will be responsible for the other gap.....each gap is covered....so you stuff the run.

The difference is you attack....in a two gap scheme you read and react....in the one gap you attack but still play very sound football. All gaps are covered....in fact they will double some of the D-Lineman especially at the point of attack thus allowing you to have what you want in the 2 gap big man....you want the 2 gap guy to occupy blocker so your LB'er can make the plays. In the one gap you get in the backfield and disrupt plays, cause turnovers, and cause loss of yardage plays.

I am still learning the Bills players but I know defense and systems very well. I played D-1 Ball, I have spent plenty of time with Coach Saban, with Bill Johnson who is the D-Line Coach at the Falcons, with Karl Dunbar the D-Line Coach with the Vikings and my all time favorite Coach Pete Jenkins the D-Line Coach with the Eagles.

I know this stuff....I want to contribute to your site.....I have been an avid poster on these message boards since 2000.....logging more post than I would like to admit on LSU and SEC sites. Mainly tyring to educate guys on what it was we were trying to accomplish on the field.

I will start slowly and build.....one thing is I come here in peace and not to start trouble.

I am a Bills fan now and will be for a long time. Ya'll drafted my boy KW....and I will follow him until he retires and then I want him to run my company for me.

He is the highest character guy I know his age, I have a deep respect for him and his family.

I hope my contributions are worth your time.....if not just skip my crap and go on.

And all you fin fans.....You have a mastermind as a Coach.....but if he ain't wearing Blue and Red he'll end up grass in a pasture full of Buffalo's.

Were coming and bring hell with us......

Times they are a changin'.

KWF

http://images17.fotki.com/v308/photos/8/8912/2768628/DavidLSUWarriorSig0406-vi.jpg

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 12:53 PM
They won't be on the field too long because of the negative plays and turnovers.....in this defense we score points or generate opportunities to do so.

The defense is exciting and relentless......

Times they are a changing in Buffalo.

KWF

mysticsoto
05-09-2006, 01:01 PM
They won't be on the field too long because of the negative plays and turnovers.....in this defense we score points or generate opportunities to do so.

The defense is exciting and relentless......

Times they are a changing in Buffalo.

KWF

Which explains the need for speed and why Whitner was needed vs drafting Bunkley and hoping to get a 4th or 5th best safety next in Bullocks maybe - who doesn't really play as fast as he times...and actually, the Lions took him before our 2nd rd pick which means there would have been a big dropoff afterward for a safety that would fit our scheme well...

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 01:17 PM
I was at the Senior Bowl and KW made Bunkley look like a damn Chump.....also Kyle started the Senior Bowl which was highly competitive and a well earned honor.

Bunkley like to take plays off and Coast.....in KW you have a animal which will make all players around him better.

We got to D-Tackles that fit this scheme perfectly....and this scheme is the way of the future....In it if your D-Tackles can move....which ours can they easily occupy 3 men and a back.....if so....lights out. because you cannot take care of the D-ends...the D-Tackles colapse the pocket from the inside out pushing sacks to the D-Ends if the DT do not get them themselves. On run plays you will have DT's making tackles for losses, disrupting the QB/RB exchange.

For anyone who wants a copy of a LSU game on DVD...tight angle from the coaches office with the focus on the front four so you can see what we will be trying to do at Buff next year send me a message and I will send out as many as requested.....5/k if people want them. the only thing I ask is if you want a free copy watch the damn thing and if you have any questions post them here.

I want to help so we can all be on the same page.....and understand why I believe the Bills picked who they needed to make the scheme work.

You can send me a message internally of to my e-mail addy david.hogan@hoganhardwoods.com

KWF

http://home.earthlink.net/~tigersport5/vangeaux/kw1.jpg

Dr. Lecter
05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
if they're on the field too long, how much does that really matter?

With the new defensive scheme big fat DT's like Williams and Sam are not needed. It is about penetration upfield rather than occupying blockers and space.

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Lector....

Exactly Right THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KWF

Jan Reimers
05-09-2006, 01:28 PM
We have Triplett, Anderson, McCargo and Williams, all of whom seem ideal for Jauron's quick, attacking defensive schemes. We no longer need the slow, ponderous Washington-Williams-Adams types.

Why don't we all relax and have a little faith in the new coach and the HOF GM?

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 01:33 PM
We have Triplett, Anderson, McCargo and Williams, all of whom seem ideal for Jauron's quick, attacking defensive schemes. We no longer need the slow, ponderous Washington-Williams-Adams types.

Why don't we all relax and have a little faith in the new coach and the HOF GM?
Actually, Adams used to penetrate the backfield. That's what Mularkey b!tched about. Sam wanted to get to the qb, Moolarkey wanted him to stay put and collect double teams.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Actually, Adams used to penetrate the backfield. That's what Mularkey b!tched about. Sam wanted to get to the qb, Moolarkey wanted him to stay put and collect double teams.
You're right, justa, Sam was a good penetrating DT who could probably have played well in Jauron's defense. I just think he burned too many bridges here, and was looked upon by the new staff as a negative influence. He was also getting pretty fat and out of shape, and is definitely on the down side of his career.

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 01:54 PM
You're right, justa, Sam was a good penetrating DT who could probably have played well in Jauron's defense. I just think he burned too many bridges here, and was looked upon by the new staff as a negative influence. He was also getting pretty fat and out of shape, and is definitely on the down side of his career. :up: Marv shares the same philosophy with the Sabres. Go young and let them play together for years to come.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Ok, so it looks like the consensus is that we don't need a run stuffer. I hope this is the case, but I'll have my doubts until I see this new defense work.

Dr. Lecter
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Ok, so it looks like the consensus is that we don't need a run stuffer. I hope this is the case, but I'll have my doubts until I see this new defense work.

Look at Tampa Bay or Chicago last year. Same scheme. Neither team had a run stuffer.

John Doe
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
You're right, justa, Sam was a good penetrating DT who could probably have played well in Jauron's defense. I just think he burned too many bridges here, and was looked upon by the new staff as a negative influence. He was also getting pretty fat and out of shape, and is definitely on the down side of his career.

He was also known for not working all that hard during practice.

ICE74129
05-09-2006, 05:57 PM
This high motor crap...is just that...crap. I am very close friends to him and his family

I stopped reading right there. You have no objectivity. He was a lower round pick for a reason. Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't. But Denny and Kelsay were drafted higher. Tim Anderson as well I think.

Nuff said.

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 06:11 PM
That ain't Nuff........

You can quit reading there if you wish and we will talk after the 4th game....

The fact I know him is why I post with some some facts to back it up.

He was rated 7-10 DT oin every board.....he went 8th. Had DT started moving as expected (earlier) he could have gone as high as Seattle in end of 2 but was getting calls in the 3rd.....matter of fact he thought hewas going to be taken in the spot Groyle was taken.....because he had gottene the call.

DT's started coming off the board late and he fell.

That is not important....what is important is he is going to be a kick ass player for the Bills.

Support him,

KWF

L.A. Playa
05-09-2006, 06:25 PM
sounds like the Bills changed their mindset, instead of signing and drafting the flashy names and trying to fit them together in a scheme, they have a scheme and are finding the best players that will work in that scheme, they may not be the flashiest names but they will be guys who will do their job and this make the team succesful.

patmoran2006
05-09-2006, 06:25 PM
KW Fan...
Obviously I didn't follow Kyle Williams like you have, so naturally you'll have more insight on him than I do.

BEFORE I knew who you were or what the board's reaction would be when Williams was drafted, I was very pumped. I heard nothing but good things about Williams and I've been told there were plenty of times where he clearly outplayed Claude Wroten, who came much more "touted."

In fact, I just recently wrote a peice on my Fox Sports Blog, in which I ranked the Bills draft the 6th best out of all the teams in the league (which is a funny story in itself as on this board I am a "whiner" while with the people at Fox Sports Pat Moran is the BIGGEST Bills homer in history, I got over 250 emails alone from fans around the league calling me a homer)

I ranked the Bills 6th based on great drafting in rounds 3-5 (youboty, simpson and Williams)

But I digress.

My point? I think Williams is going to be a good player in this league. However, he isn't starting as a rookie this year, bank on it. Tim Anderson will be the other starter, opposite Tripplett.

I will say this though. That doesn't really matter anyway. In this defense just like Chicago's and Indy's, the DT's rotate to stay fresh. Tripplett didn't start for Indy but had big games (and numbers). Chicago went 4 deep at DT.

Expect the same with the Bills.. Both McCargo and Williams will play plenty and we'll have good depth at the DT position, unlike last year which was a complete JOKE up the middle.

While Williams and McCargo will play important roles from day one as Bills, the key to this DL is Tim Anderson stepping up and showing he's starter material, he clearly didn't do that last year. He's the key to this front four this year, IMO.

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Your right.....

I mean playing a lot and someone we can be proud of.....

Starter may be too strong.....but he is a player and a damn good one.

KWF

ParanoidAndroid
05-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Run Stuffers or Playmakers?????

I know it's only College Football but NOBAODY ran on LSU defense last year except Auburn and that was a scheme issue that we did not adjust too.

Kyle Williams and the other Starter will penetrate in the backfield and the LB'er will be responsible for the other gap.....each gap is covered....so you stuff the run.

The difference is you attack....in a two gap scheme you read and react....in the one gap you attack but still play very sound football. All gaps are covered....in fact they will double some of the D-Lineman especially at the point of attack thus allowing you to have what you want in the 2 gap big man....you want the 2 gap guy to occupy blocker so your LB'er can make the plays. In the one gap you get in the backfield and disrupt plays, cause turnovers, and cause loss of yardage plays.

I am still learning the Bills players but I know defense and systems very well. I played D-1 Ball, I have spent plenty of time with Coach Saban, with Bill Johnson who is the D-Line Coach at the Falcons, with Karl Dunbar the D-Line Coach with the Vikings and my all time favorite Coach Pete Jenkins the D-Line Coach with the Eagles.

I know this stuff....I want to contribute to your site.....I have been an avid poster on these message boards since 2000.....logging more post than I would like to admit on LSU and SEC sites. Mainly tyring to educate guys on what it was we were trying to accomplish on the field.

I will start slowly and build.....one thing is I come here in peace and not to start trouble.

I am a Bills fan now and will be for a long time. Ya'll drafted my boy KW....and I will follow him until he retires and then I want him to run my company for me.

He is the highest character guy I know his age, I have a deep respect for him and his family.

I hope my contributions are worth your time.....if not just skip my crap and go on.

And all you fin fans.....You have a mastermind as a Coach.....but if he ain't wearing Blue and Red he'll end up grass in a pasture full of Buffalo's.

Were coming and bring hell with us......

Times they are a changin'.

KWF

Sounds good! :up:

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 06:42 PM
KW. Does this mean you're a bills fan now? Some Pats fans became bills fans because of Drew and have since moved on.

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 06:44 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=596>http://home.earthlink.net/~tigersport5/vangeaux/p1010196.jpg

Kyle Williams
# 95
Defensive Tackle
Height: 6-2
Weight: 295
Senior
Ruston HS
Ruston, La. <!--"''"-->

<!--/area Type="subhead"--></TD></TR><TR><TD width=592 height=20>http://home.earthlink.net/imagelib/sitebuilder/layout/spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=592><!--area Type="main" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="2" color="black" style="0"-->
2006 Senior Bowl Participant

2005 First-Team All-America (Rivals.com) 2005 Second-Team All-America (AP, Walter Camp Foundation, Collegefootballnews.com)

2005 First-Team All-SEC (AP)

2005 Second-Team All-SEC (SEC Coaches)

2005 SEC Defensive Player of the Week (vs. Alabama, Nov. 14)

2004 Second-Team All-SEC (AP)

CAREER Played in 46 games in LSU career, starting 33 times at defensive tackle ... Capped career with 16.5 sacks, which ranks as the 11th highest total in school history ... Added 26 tackles for losses, which ranks among the top 15 in school history ... Starter at defensive tackle during LSU's 2003 BCS National Championship season ... Hobbies include golf and duck hunting ... If he weren't playing football, he'd try to be a professional golfer ... Carries a single-digit handicap in golf and can hit the ball over 300 yards off the tee ... Low round in golf is a 1-under 71.

SENIOR SEASON (2005) The rock on the defensive line for the Tigers ... Teamed with Claude Wroten to give the Tigers two of the best defensive tackles in the nation ... Has a motor that never stops ... Played and started all 13 games on the defensive line ... Named First-Team All-America by Rivals.com and Second-Team All-America by the Walter Camp Foundation ... Recorded 61 tackles, 7.5 tackles for losses and 4.5 sacks for the Tigers in 2005 ... Anchor of an LSU defense that ranked among the nation's top 10 in four categories ... The Tigers were No. 3 in scoring defense (14.2 ppg), No. 3 in total defense (266 ypg), No. 3 in pass efficiency defense (96.3 rating) and No. 6 in rushing defense (91.5 ypg) ... The Tigers were also No. 11 nationally in pass defense (175.3 ypg) ... Gave rousing halftime speech of Alabama game, a contest that the Tigers came back from a 10-0 halftime deficit to win 16-13 in overtime ... Named SEC Defensive Player of the Week against Alabama after recording 11 tackles and 2 sacks in the win over the Crimson Tide ... Added 4 quarterback hurries against Alabama ... Had a total of 21 quarterback hurries, which include a season-best of 5 vs. Ole Miss ... Had 8 tackles and 1 sack in win over Arizona State and followed that with 7 tackles and 3 quarterback hurries against Tennessee ... Blocked a field goal against North Texas ... Finished career in style, leading an LSU defense that limited Miami to just 3 points and 153 yards of offense in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl ... The Tiger defense held the Hurricanes to only 3 yards of offense and no first downs in the second half in the victory.

2005 Williams Named Candidate for Lombardi
Senior DT Kyle Williams has been named as a pre-season candidate for the Lombardi Award. The Lombardi Award goes each to year to the college football lineman, offensive or defensive, who, in addition to displaying outstanding performance and ability, best exemplifies the character and discipline of Vince Lombardi.

CLICK THE LINK*********************

College Football News names Kyle Williams the number one player in the SEC (http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sec/2005_Previews/2005_All_SEC_team.htm)

Hit the LINK ABOVE************

2004 Second-Team All-SEC (AP)
The rock on the defensive line for the Tigers ... Teams with Claude Wroten to give the Tigers two of the best defensive tackles in the nation ... Has been tabbed a 2005 First-Team Preseason All-American by The Sporting News ... Listed as the nation's second-best defensive tackle by The Sporting News ... Rugged player who brings a great deal of intensity to the field ... Tough competitor who gives it his all on every play ... Has a motor that runs at full speed all the time ... So tough that he even played against Georgia in 2004 despite suffering a compound fracture on hand in pregame warm-ups ... Goes into senior season with 12 career sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss.
JUNIOR SEASON (2004)
Teamed with Marcus Spears, Claude Wroten and Melvin Oliver to give the Tigers one of the best defensive fronts in college football ... LSU's defensive line combined for one First-Team All-SEC award (Spears) and two Second-Team All-SEC honors (Williams and Wroten) ... A Second-Team All-SEC selection by the Associated Press ... Played and started all 12 games for the Tigers ... Ranked first among LSU defensive linemen with 57 tackles ... Had 12 tackles for loss and 6 tackles totaling 40-yards in losses for the Tigers ... Opened season with 2 tackles for loss against Oregon State ... Had five games in which he had at least 2 tackles for loss ... Had 7 tackles and 2 sacks against Ole Miss ... Recorded 4 sacks over final six games of season ... Capped season with 4 tackles and 2 tackles for losses against Iowa in the Capital One Bowl.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2003)
Took over as the starter at defensive tackle alongside Chad Lavalais midway through the season ... Played in 14 games with eight starts ... Proved to be the perfect compliment to Lavalais ... Had 41 tackles over LSU's 14 games ... Added 6.5 tackles for loss and 4 sacks for 37-yards in losses ... Intercepted only pass of career vs. Louisiana Tech ... Had 6 tackles each vs. Alabama and Auburn ... Recorded 3 tackles vs. Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl ... Sacked Auburn quarterback Jason Campbell for a 12-yard loss and had a sack of Ole Miss quarterback Eli Manning for a 9-yard loss ... Added 10 quarterback pressures.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2002)
One of only two true freshmen to play on the defensive side of the ball ... Played in seven games, recording 7 tackles from the defensive end position ... Saw his first action in the opening game of the season at Virginia Tech ... Recorded 2 sacks against Louisiana-Lafayette and a season-high of three tackles in win over Miami (Ohio).
HIGH SCHOOL
Rated as one of the nation's top defensive line prospects ... Named 5A Louisiana Defensive MVP after recording 78 tackles, 17 for losses and 7 sacks for Ruston High School ... Also forced 6 fumbles, recovered 4 fumbles and had 1 interception as a senior ... Member of the Baton Rouge Advocate Super Dozen, the New Orleans Times-Picayune Blue Chip Top 15 for Louisiana ... Named the Louisiana Football Magazine Player of the Year for the state ... Member of the Atlanta-Journal Constitution Super Southern 100, the Knoxville News All-South Team and the Orlando Sentinel All-South Team ... MVP of District 1-5A in 2001 ... Rated as the nation's No. 9 defensive lineman by Rivals.com and No. 26 by SuperPrep Magazine ...Also played baseball and threw the shotput and discus on track and field team ... Coached by Tommy Reeder.
PERSONAL
Full name is Kyle Derrick Williams ... Born on June 10, 1983, in Ruston ... Parents are Kenneth and Karen Williams ... Has a sister, Kadie ... Was married in May to the former Jill Meyers of Baton Rouge ... Majoring in general studies ... Hobbies include golf and duck hunting ... If he weren't playing football, he'd try to be a professional golfer ... Carries a single-digit handicap in golf and can hit the ball over 300 yards off the tee ... Low round in golf is a 1-under 71. <!--"''"-->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ParanoidAndroid
05-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Kyle is going to have his work cut out for him if Anderson continues to improve like he did near the end of last season. Hopefully they both look like starters and share the load.

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Yes...I bought Season Tickets.....

I plan to stay with the Bills.....

Geaux Bills,

KWF

patmoran2006
05-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Your right.....

I mean playing a lot and someone we can be proud of.....

Starter may be too strong.....but he is a player and a damn good one.

KWF
Here's my first peice of advice for your sanity on this board. There are a few people you should pay NO ATTENTION to what-so-ever. Most notably, a person who's nickname refers to a very cold wintery month in Western New York.

He doesn't know if he's a Bills fan or not.. It depends on what day of the week it is. Before the draft "Marv and Tom (Modrak) and Co" could do NO wrong, and I guess because we didnt draft BUnkley or Ngata at number eight they are totally clueless. If you want more examples and evidence just read some post draft and pre-draft threads.

For the most part, there are far too many homers on here. However, the VAST majority of them have the ability to see things both ways. They will bicker with you, but usually it's done respectfully.

Good to have you on board.

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Yes...I bought Season Tickets.....

I plan to stay with the Bills.....

Geaux Bills,

KWF you'll need an avatar then. Someone give him some zonebucks to get one as great as mine

KW Fan
05-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I will trade for beer.

KWF

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I will trade for beer.

KWFyou have enough now. Go get one and it better not have teal and orange colors. :limp:

HAMMER
05-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Sounds like the high motor white guy we keep drafting. We had better hope our DL coach IS the best damn DL coach in the league. With our lack of talent, he is going to have to work a miracle.

Ice, enough of the doom and gloom, we know where you stand, give us a break please.

patmoran2006
05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Ice, enough of the doom and gloom, we know where you stand, give us a break please.

you know where he stands? Is it Monday or Tuesday?.. Tuesday, Oh yep, yer right. Tuesdays are "doom and gloom" day.. Wednesdays are "give marv a chance day.".. Thursdays are "ralph wilson is senile" days.. Fridays are "its a two offseason process, relax" day. Saturdays are "our draft sucked" days and Sundays are the OFFICIAL "mike gandy sucks and we should have drafted winston justice" days..

EVERYDAY is "Mike Mayock is on crack again" day (the best thread started EVER).

Look... The Bills may or may not suck.........But one thing is for certain, this defense will be WORLDS better within the next two years than it was at season's end last year.. I mean, didnt a few people lead the "two offseason brigade" up to about a week ago? They are NOT building with only 2006 in mind.

They got a ALOT of nwe talent on defense with Whitner, Youboty, Simpson and Williams.. Tripplett is a good addition and if Spikes comes back near 100% this defense will be no joke by mid-season.

I think OFFENSIVELY, Marv will find out what he has at each position and next offseason the offense will be the center of attention. People will be evaluated big time on the field this year, esepecially at QB and WR.. And as for the "fix the lines" crap I seen about a trillion times leading up the draft. We have two new starters on the offensive line, three if you count Royal, and at least one if not two new starters on the DL.

WTF is the problem?

patmoran2006
05-09-2006, 09:08 PM
I just realized something...
am I in danger of becoming a homer because I'm really starting to like parts of this team?

The Quebecer
05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
I just realized something...
am I in danger of becoming a homer because I'm really starting to like parts of this team?

Homer! :lol: :beers: :p: :urock:

Mr. Cynical
05-10-2006, 07:56 PM

You're not missing anything. And we better hope our defensive backs don't miss anything either because they are going to see a ton of action this year as our dline gets run over.

Dozerdog
05-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Enough of Williams- who's the babe next to the van? :up:

Dr. Lecter
05-10-2006, 08:15 PM
You're not missing anything. And we better hope our defensive backs don't miss anything either because they are going to see a ton of action this year as our dline gets run over.

Who was the run stuffer for Chicago this past season? Tampa? The Colts?