PDA

View Full Version : Respect

Typ0
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
We don't need no stinking respect...what we need is a stanley cup!

BillsNick
05-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Well, we ain't gonna get respect, until we win the Stanley Cup.

Bill Brasky
05-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Even if this team gets a Stanley Cup, I still don't see them getting any respect.

Seems all people want to do is discredit how good they are in favor of the "they are getting lucky" arguments.

I don't care how lucky you are... no team can win 52 games, pile up two 7-goal and one 8-goal performance IN THE PLAYOFFS, and beat the best team in the league twice in a row on their home ice on pure luck.

This team is good, perhaps the best we've ever seen in Buffalo. The sad part is the "national media experts" could care less or fail to realize because they aren't flashy on the stat sheet and don't have a guy capable of providing highlight reels everynight. They just win. I guess that isn't enough for them.

BlackMetalNinja
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
But we will never have a most excellent music video UNTIL we get Eddie Van Halen!

LABillsFan
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Listen to the NHL on OLN Stanley Cup Playoffs Night in Review should be the first link, He says something at the 1:05-1:08 mark in reference to Carolina

http://olntv.com/NHLVideoGallery#

MTBillsFan
05-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Let the national media think and say what they want to. Our team has earned the respect of its fans and really, that is all that matters. Besides Melrose is looking aboot a liter low on oil for his mullet these days. We're playin our butts off and the W's keep coming!

Bill Brasky
05-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Our team has earned the respect of its fans and really, that is all that matters.

Damn straight! :bf1:

This team has regained the interest of not only the city but the general Buffalo sports fan... prior to this amazing season Buffalo was a Bills town, I think that is about to change, esp if a Cup is brought home!

And for the first time in my life I've heard people saying they'd rather go to Sabres games than Bills games.

BillsNick
05-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Even if this team gets a Stanley Cup, I still don't see them getting any respect.

Seems all people want to do is discredit how good they are in favor of the "they are getting lucky" arguments.

I don't care how lucky you are... no team can win 52 games, pile up two 7-goal and one 8-goal performance IN THE PLAYOFFS, and beat the best team in the league twice in a row on their home ice on pure luck.

This team is good, perhaps the best we've ever seen in Buffalo. The sad part is the "national media experts" could care less or fail to realize because they aren't flashy on the stat sheet and don't have a guy capable of providing highlight reels everynight. They just win. I guess that isn't enough for them.

I agree with you in that when we win, the media seems to tell the story of how the other team didn't meet expectations or they didn't play well, never things like "The Sabres won, because they were the better team..."

I disagree that a cup won't instantly bring some level of respectability to Buffalo.

We have no championships. Period.

We get the Cup, we get respect.

PUCKER
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I just want the damn Cup! Then they will be :hail: & :bow: to us! :D

YardRat
05-10-2006, 10:23 PM
We'll get respect after we finish off Ottawa and down Carolina.

We'll get the cup when we beat Anaheim or San Jose in the finals :D