PDA

View Full Version : Imagine this...

Mr. Miyagi
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Week 1. At New England. Long awaited start of the season. Everyone's pumped up. Ceremonial fighter jet fly-bys at the National Anthem. Patriot fans roar so loud the stadium shakes.

Bills kick off to the 5. Lights flash everywhere. Patriots return to their 26 yard line.

First play of the game. New England shows 3 wide. Brady drops back.....goes through his reads....throws a short 5 yard screen pass to Deion Branch.....PICKED OFF BY DONTE WHITNER!!!!! THERE'S NO ONE NEAR HIM!!!! TOUCHDOWN BILLS!!! TOUCHDOWN BILLS!!! WHO'S A REACH NOW???!!!! FIRST PLAY OF THE SEASON!!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!

Boy I'm psyched already!!!! :punk:

OpIv37
05-09-2006, 12:48 PM
More likely scenario:

Bills kick off to the 5. Patriots return to their 26 yard line.

First play of the game. New England shows 3 wide, but splits the two backs out as 4th and 5th WR's. Buffalo's D scrambles to adjust, obviously not prepared for a 5-wide set. Brady snaps the ball and completes a 24 yard pass up the middle to Branch in front of Nate Clements.

Someone blames Jerry Gray.

mikemac2001
05-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Brady Drops Back, MCCARGO MCCARGO snaps his leg Brady season done

Mr. Miyagi
05-09-2006, 12:51 PM
More likely scenario:

First play of the game. New England shows 3 wide, but splits the two backs out as 4th and 5th WR's. Buffalo's D scrambles to adjust, obviously not prepared for a 5-wide set. Brady snaps the ball and completes a 24 yard pass up the middle to Branch in front of Nate Clements.

:spanku:

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Haha! That's the OP we all know. Always takes "the sky is falling" route even when someone is trying to fantasize about a scenario.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Does the first game really matter? We beat the Patsies 31-0 a couple of years ago in the opener at the Ralph, and they went on to win the Super Bowl. We, conversely, went on to eat sh#t.

McGahee420
05-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Personally, rather than whitner making the interception return (even though it would be awesome) I would rather see TKO do it. And as he is running, he drills Brady to the ground on the way to the endzone!

Michael82
05-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Personally, rather than whitner making the interception return (even though it would be awesome) I would rather see TKO do it. And as he is running, he drills Brady to the ground on the way to the endzone!
How about....first snap of the game for the Patriots....Takeo Spikes charges at Tom Brady on a blitz, slamming him to the ground hard and forcing a fumble. Takeo then picks up the ball and runs 18 yards to the end zone for the Touchdown! :dance:

Kerr
05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Week 1. At New England. Long awaited start of the season. Everyone's pumped up. Ceremonial fighter jet fly-bys at the National Anthem. Patriot fans roar so loud the stadium shakes.

Bills kick off to the 5. Lights flash everywhere. Patriots return to their 26 yard line.

First play of the game. New England shows 3 wide. Brady drops back.....goes through his reads....throws a short 5 yard screen pass to Deion Branch.....PICKED OFF BY DONTE WHITNER!!!!! THERE'S NO ONE NEAR HIM!!!! TOUCHDOWN BILLS!!! TOUCHDOWN BILLS!!! WHO'S A REACH NOW???!!!! FIRST PLAY OF THE SEASON!!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!

I think you have a better chance of sticking some chopsticks up your ass before that play happens.

Patrick76777
05-09-2006, 02:12 PM
More likely scenario:

Could be true, Only the Pats always go 5 wide. So we'd totally expect it. We just wouldn't be able to stop it.

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
How about....first snap of the game for the Patriots....Takeo Spikes charges at Tom Brady on a blitz, slamming him to the ground hard and forcing a fumble. Takeo then picks up the ball and runs 18 yards to the end zone for the Touchdown! :dance: switch the team to Fins and qb to Culppeper and you won't have to fantasize.

Michael82
05-09-2006, 02:18 PM
switch the team to Fins and qb to Culppeper and you won't have to fantasize.
:rofl:

Gunzlingr
05-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Butterfingers Culpepper.

Michael82
05-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Id rather drown in a pool of my own vomit.....but I guess anyone beating the pats is cool
no, he's saying....make it so Takeo Spikes takes down Culpepper with a huge hit, and then fumbles the ball, which Takeo picks up and returns for a TD. :snicker:

The King
05-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Miyagi wakes up and hes stuck to the sheets.

McGahee420
05-09-2006, 03:11 PM
no, he's saying....make it so Takeo Spikes takes down Culpepper with a huge hit, and then fumbles the ball, which Takeo picks up and returns for a TD. :snicker:

Yeah, I realized after I wrote that. Trying to read, write, and hide everything while at work. Either way, Brady or Love boat would be cool with me.

ublinkwescore
05-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Or McCargo ends Corey Dillon's career.

dolphan117
05-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Since when did you guys start rooting for career ending injuries to opposing players? Classy thread here.

Edit-Although the original posters scenario works fine for me.

Mitchy moo
05-09-2006, 04:51 PM
How about....first snap of the game for the Patriots....Takeo Spikes charges at Tom Brady on a blitz, slamming him to the ground hard and forcing a fumble. Takeo then picks up the ball and runs 18 yards to the end zone for the Touchdown! :dance:

:dance:Tom Brady is out for the season! :dance:

ublinkwescore
05-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Since when did you guys start rooting for career ending injuries to opposing players? Classy thread here.

I never claimed to be classy.

ICE74129
05-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Here is the reality. The Pats take the ball on the 26. Take up 10 minutes on their first drive averaging about 4.5 yards per rush and dinking and dunking us to death because we can't stop the run nor get pressure with our front 4.

Bling
05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Or Belicheck being the genius he is, simply attacks Anderson/Spikes/Whitner in one play. All of which suck, are injured or inexperienced. Good luck.

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Or Belicheck being the genius he is, simply attacks Anderson/Spikes/Whitner in one play. All of which suck, are injured or inexperienced. Good luck.
meanwhile, Pitts is leading 31-0 against the fins in the 1st qtr. :D

Mr. Miyagi
05-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the props. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
05-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Here is the reality. The Pats take the ball on the 26. Take up 10 minutes on their first drive averaging about 4.5 yards per rush and dinking and dunking us to death because we can't stop the run nor get pressure with our front 4.
Then when they're 2nd and goal from the 10, Whitner picks him off and runs all the way back HE....COULD....GO....ALL....THE.....WAY......TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTBillsFan
05-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Brady gets tripped by the center, fumbles the ball and tears his ACL all in one motion. THEN TKO picks up the ball and rumbles to the endzone. NO BILL EVER TOUCHES MARSHA therefore, it ain't our fault...
GO BILLS

dolphan117
05-09-2006, 07:32 PM
meanwhile, Pitts is leading 31-0 against the fins in the 1st qtr. :D:mad:

Bling
05-09-2006, 07:37 PM
meanwhile, Pitts is leading 31-0 against the fins in the 1st qtr. :D
Hey now. I was being honest... where's yours? :D

BillsFever21
05-09-2006, 07:47 PM

Wern't you one of the people laughing at Mayock about taking Whitner at #8? Now he isn't a reach? LOL

justasportsfan
05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey now. I was being honest... where's yours? :Dokay 21-0 :D

HHURRICANE
05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
More likely scenario:

Uhhh, definately more realistic!!!

Mr. Miyagi
05-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Wern't you one of the people laughing at Mayock about taking Whitner at #8? Now he isn't a reach? LOL
Yes I was, and boy was I wrong. ;)

jamze132
05-10-2006, 07:10 AM
I can see it happening like this. We receive the kick from the Patsies, McGee returns it to the 35. Losman breaks the huddle with a 3 receiver set, hands the ball off to McGahee for a 2 yards gain. Next play is a sweep right which nets 6 yards. 3rd and 2, the ingenuity of the Bills coaching staff begins to think too hard and decides to put Losman in the shotgun which ends up with an underthrown ball to Robert Royal. 3 and out. saddly

But I hope it's not like that!

jamze132
05-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Damn I hope we won't start passing the ball on 3rd and short. If we attempt to run it and we don't get it, I can accept that. What I can't accept is when we try to outhink the opposing team instead of just playing within ourselves. We are going to wear down defenses quicker when they no what we are going to do and they can't stop it. Besides it really is a demotivator when you have to stay on the field for another 3 downs when you are tired.

I should know from Flag Football. :lol:

Michael82
05-10-2006, 09:09 AM
I can see it happening like this. We receive the kick from the Patsies, McGee returns it to the 35. Losman breaks the huddle with a 3 receiver set, hands the ball off to McGahee for a 2 yards gain. Next play is a sweep right which nets 6 yards. 3rd and 2, the ingenuity of the Bills coaching staff begins to think too hard and decides to put Losman in the shotgun which ends up with an underthrown ball to Robert Royal. 3 and out. saddly

But I hope it's not like that!
That's Mularkey ball, I don't see that happening. I see....

Terrence McGee returns the kick to the 40-yard line.
1st and 10 - JP Losman throws a 30 yard pass to Lee Evans.
1st and 10 - 6 yard run by Willis McGahee around the tackle.
2nd and 4 - JP Losman dumps it off to Robert Royal in the middle for 2 yards.
3rd and 2 - Anthony Thomas pounds it up the middle for 3 yards.
1st and 10 - JP Losman to Peerless Price for 19 yards and the touchdown!!! :dance:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-10-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I won't be basing my hopes for the season on how we play in game 1.

Remember last season?

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2006, 12:26 PM
That's Mularkey ball, I don't see that happening. I see....

Terrence McGee returns the kick to the 40-yard line.
1st and 10 - JP Losman throws a 30 yard pass to Lee Evans.
1st and 10 - 6 yard run by Willis McGahee around the tackle.
2nd and 4 - JP Losman dumps it off to Robert Royal in the middle for 2 yards.
3rd and 2 - Anthony Thomas pounds it up the middle for 3 yards.
1st and 10 - JP Losman to Peerless Price for 19 yards and the touchdown!!! :dance:
Substitute Royal for 2 with Everett for 12! :punk:

Michael82
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Substitute Royal for 2 with Everett for 12! :punk:
Works for me. Then we'd have to change the last couple....

1st and 10 - Anthony Thomas pounds it up the middle for 6 yards.

2nd and 4 - JP Losman to Peerless Price for 6 yards and the TOUCHDOWN!

Bruce is Loose
05-10-2006, 02:16 PM
RE:
Re: Imagine this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brady Drops Back, MCCARGO MCCARGO snaps his leg Brady season done

in comes backup joe shmo who leads NE to the superbowl as the MVP. Buffalo trades for Brady in the offseason but he never reverts to form and puts the buffalo franchise back 5 years...

JUST KIDDING :)

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Negged.

McGahee420
05-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Works for me. Then we'd have to change the last couple....

1st and 10 - Anthony Thomas pounds it up the middle for 6 yards.

2nd and 4 - JP Losman to Peerless Price for 6 yards and the TOUCHDOWN!

:xtreme: :rockout: :beers: