PDA

View Full Version : looks like we got our new center

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Free agent signee Melvin Fowler seems to have a near lock on the spot. He took almost all the first team snaps at the position during last weekend's minicamp. Duke Preston and Justin Geisinger are his main competition. Geisinger is still inexperienced and Preston is getting more reps at guard.

Saratoga Slim
05-09-2006, 12:58 PM
lets hope he's an upgrade to Teague. hard to imagine that he isn't.

OpIv37
05-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I see two problems to having Preston at Guard-

1. He didn't play well there last year
2. If Fowler gets injured, most likely Preston will move to center and someone else (Anderson?- uggh) will come in at guard. That means two disruptions to the OL- bad news.

mysticsoto
05-09-2006, 01:10 PM

2. If Fowler gets injured, most likely Preston will move to center and someone else (Anderson?- uggh) will come in at guard. That means two disruptions to the OL- bad news.

Preston is likely to be a backup guard. What he needs to gain is more strength - his current workouts should be making him stronger and stronger. He just may take over Villiarial's position next year and then maybe Merz will become backup???

OpIv37
05-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Preston is likely to be a backup guard. What he needs to gain is more strength - his current workouts should be making him stronger and stronger. He just may take over Villiarial's position next year and then maybe Merz will become backup???

the sooner villarial is out of the starting lineup, the better. He's a bum.

McGahee420
05-09-2006, 01:46 PM
the sooner villarial is out of the starting lineup, the better. He's a bum.:lmao:Right on! more like a *******

Kerr
05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Villariel stinks. I hope his replacement is on the roster.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Villareal isn't going anywhere he's the coaches pet :laughing: he's been with Jauron since Jauron was coaching with the bears.

Mr. Cynical
05-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Villareal isn't going anywhere he's the coaches pet :laughing: he's been with Jauron since Jauron was coaching with the bears.

Sad but very true.

Mr. Cynical
05-09-2006, 11:12 PM

Agreed. Yet more reasons to hate this draft. Our oline is stil a steaming pile of hot garbage.