PDA

View Full Version : If we would have traded?

mixxum
05-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Ok, I have been lurking since the draft. I think it is safe to say that most of us would have preferred a trade down in the first round rather than taking DW. Suppose we did that and DW was gone with our first pick. Denver reportedly proposed a trade of their first, second and fourth for the bills first pick, number 8 over all. That would have given us the 15th pick in the first round. Bunkley went to Philly at 14. Who would you want us to pick at 15? Could we trade that #15 pick and a third to move ahead of philly to get Bunkley? Wouldn't it be something to trade down in the first and then trade right back up again. I guess thats just my over active imagination. Do you think that Marv would have been so emphatic on drafting DW if he knew that we were getting Youboty and KO to help our secondary. Specifically I am saying who would you like us to take with Denvers picks in the second and fourth rounds if we would have made the trade?. I think that we still could of had Whitner in the first with the 15th pick. Just food for thought.

DGreg
05-09-2006, 11:06 PM
OK Mixxum, finally a quality post. It is simple, if we traded with Denver we would have had their pick at the end of the second round. We would have taken Youboty with that pick. The real question is then who would we have taken with our third round pick? You need to think these things out a little bit more Mixxum.

PS, I thought you were banned?

mixxum
05-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I am not banned obviously. Thats a good point though. who else would we have taken with the third round pick if we would have used Denver's late second on Youboty? Ko Simpson? Im not sure. Im tired now so leave me alone!!!