PDA

View Full Version : OT: For Madden 2003 players

BambinoSux
08-14-2002, 07:46 AM
Some advice: Blitz the LBS as often as you can. The front four for the Bills is absolutely pathetic, with the exception of Pat Williams. Use Robinson and Newman as much as you can to blitz, even though it opens up the field a little bit more for the opponent's passing game.

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2002, 09:01 AM
Good advice, but THE BAMBINO RULES!!!!

ALFONSO SORIANO IS THE MAN!!!!

JefftheBillsfan
08-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Couple questions for you. Do you have the PC version? If so how much $$$ did it cost, and where did you buy it?

BambinoSux
08-14-2002, 09:24 AM
I got it for PS2. I don't know how much it is cause I didn't buy it but my roomate ot it at Electronics Boutique. I'm pretty sure most eletronic stores have plenty of copies by now. It shipped out on Mon.

BambinoSux
08-14-2002, 09:35 AM
Who do you like for the AL Cy Young........

Lowe, or Pedro??

JefftheBillsfan
08-14-2002, 09:37 AM
im gonna go with pedro....he is red hot of late...RED SOX Rock!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2002, 09:45 AM
Well I don't like either but if I had to pick I would say pedro right now, but it is close. It is going to be one or the other.

MissBuffalo
08-14-2002, 11:27 AM
I picked it up yesterday for the PS2 and it cost $49.99. Looks like I won't be going anywhere tonight!

Gunzlingr
08-14-2002, 04:56 PM
You can order it for $39.99 on pc at pcfootball.net From what I can tell, the pc version was supposed be out monday, but it doesnt seem to be anywhere yet.

colin
08-14-2002, 10:56 PM
I think the Sega football (NFL 2K3) may be better, they sure were the shiznit on the Dreamcast, and it is available for PS2 now. I will try before I buy.

Kicker22705
08-15-2002, 01:58 AM
when blitzing w/ the linebackers should be shoot between the tackles, or b/c the tackle and end, or from the outside. and should we blitze from the linebacker position or crowd the line of scrimmage. its almost impossible to get a sack w/ this defense unless its a coverage sack. thanx man!

Kicker22705
08-15-2002, 02:15 AM
while im here i'll try to give some advice too.

easy ways in converting 3rd and short.

send a half/full back who is supposed to run a "flat" in motion towards the direction the "flat" is (off to a wide reciever position). Almost evertime a defender will not following leaving him uncovered with the closest defender 10 yards off. When passing the ball do not throw it too hard or the back will drop it. 3/5 step drop and a light pass works very well.

note: it works best when thrown the the side of the field w/ the most room b/c the back will often run out of bounds if he's close.

it works very well for me, b/c of this play my running backs often lead the team in catches.

Another advice is get good at using the "hot routs". You can exploit the defense when there are mismatches. Like when you have your 3rd reciever on a linebacker, sending an out pattern or fly will obviously lead to the reciever burning the defending linebacker resulting in huge gains.

Man these games are getting so smart now, i thought i could share some of the sucess i've had along to you guys, and i hope you guys can do the same for me :). man i remember the old sega games where you can use the same play to rush for 500 yards a game.

BambinoSux
08-15-2002, 06:33 AM
I haven't had too much luck at getting sacks but basically all of my pressure has come from Eddie Robinson and Keith Newman. Use Robinson and Newman to blitz on the outside but if they get picked up chances are Schobel or Office will get some pressure. Williams also gets some pressure but he never gets to the QB in time. The other DT position (Edwards, Larsen, Robertson) is pretty much non-existent right now, basically just making a tackle here and there.

bduff54
08-15-2002, 07:51 AM
i have been playing on all-pro and i am getting hammered i lost to the jets 34-7. i cant' stop anything

BambinoSux
08-15-2002, 07:56 AM
Yeah I'm playing on All-Pro too. I lost 42-7 in the preseason game vrs. Minnesota. I had 5 turnovers, 4 of them were returned for INTs.

bduff54
08-15-2002, 08:04 AM
it's hard eh man. i think i may have to pick up sam adams t ogo with pat williams. i need a DE aswell. This current bills D is not good for video games

BambinoSux
08-15-2002, 08:14 AM
I know. I'm gonna go pick up Chidi. He's better than nothing. I'm playing a franchise with my roomate (Jets fan) and my other roomate (Pats fan) and they wanna play with some stupid rule where you can only sign a player that is on the actual team, unless someone gets injured. I wish I could have tell someone like Leif Larsen to take one for the team and get injured and then I can go get Adams.

Gunzlingr
08-15-2002, 09:01 AM
The pc version should be out today (8/15) or tomorrow. From what I have been reading, it is a damn fun game to play (the "fun" factor has been missing the last couple of seasons). The play by play is supposed to be much improved, as are graphics and sound.

JefftheBillsfan
08-15-2002, 09:23 AM
it used to be like $29.99....why is it $10 more. I probably can't buy it now. thanks for the info anyways gunzlinger.

BigMike68
08-15-2002, 09:42 AM
Heres great advice the best play on O for the Bills is Single Back Normal Cross-UP you can hit the #3 wide reciver to the left for 30 yards if hes not covered and you can hit your #2 across the middle everytime. Josh Reed is my #2 and after 3 games he has 34 catches.