PDA

View Full Version : Eb, I'm gonna release a couple players

BillsFever21
05-10-2006, 11:29 AM
DT- Marcus Bell
OT- Mike Williams

Bell's salary is 100k. It will be a 50k cap hit.

Williams' is 1m. It will be a 500k cap hit.

Total it will free up 550k and 2 much needed roster spots now.

Michael82
05-10-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm going to cut my rookie, ILB Lance Mitchell. He's only making $100k for the year, but his roster spot is needed.

MikeInRoch
05-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I didn't think we were able to cut during this draft....

Michael82
05-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I didn't think we were able to cut during this draft....
no trading, but as far as I know, cutting is allowed. I already cut one player earlier when I realized he wasnt a Gunner (Brandon Short) and Eb took care of it. :up:

MikeInRoch
05-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Not that anyone is doing this - but theoretically then I could drop someone who is high priced and immediately re-pick them up in today's round then...

Michael82
05-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Not that anyone is doing this - but theoretically then I could drop someone who is high priced and immediately re-pick them up in today's round then...
nope. Anyone who is released is not eligible to be picked up until he clears thru waivers after the draft.

Michael82
05-10-2006, 07:03 PM
And I was looking at my roster and realized that I had another Guard that I got in a trade from the LA Playas. So I don't need G Milford Brown. I will pay whatever it costs to release him back into the FA pool. I have 4 main holes on my team that need to be filled. I have no need for 5 guards, especially when I still need another safety, DT, LS, and returner. If I am forced to keep Brown, that leaves me only 3 roster spots left and is not enough to fill my holes, unless I can hold onto 54 players.... :idunno:

Ebenezer
05-11-2006, 07:44 AM
just like the real NFL...you can cut guys and pay the salary cap price...in theory you could pick them back up but you'd be waiting a round - if it is a quality player he won't make it back to the roster...and if it looks shaky - like you drop somebody, another owner picks him up and then you trade for him I will nix the trade :D

Michael82
05-11-2006, 11:53 AM
just like the real NFL...you can cut guys and pay the salary cap price...in theory you could pick them back up but you'd be waiting a round - if it is a quality player he won't make it back to the roster...and if it looks shaky - like you drop somebody, another owner picks him up and then you trade for him I will nix the trade :D
then the Rampage will release G Milford Brown.