PDA

View Full Version : Riding Along with Willis

rschepise
05-10-2006, 01:11 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-ridealong1006may10,0,2976872.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

He sounds like a POS. It's great to know that we cheer for such a classy guy. I guess when it comes to running backs we get all the scum bags.

Italian Stallion
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Well all I read that was "bad" in that article is that he's a father to two different womens kids......not something that exactly screams high character or whatever, but I will unfourtantly bet that many guys in the league (that many other people cheer for) are involved in similar situations.

I still cheer for him because he's a Bill.....and def. not an ass like Owens

In other words...it could be way worse..Travis Henry had sex with a 15 year old...

justasportsfan
05-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I saw nothign wrong. He's as normal as any human being. If the women were the prbolem in that article, he looks like a virgin compared to Moulds.

HAMMER
05-10-2006, 02:31 PM
This article further cements the fact that Willis is a punk of epic proportions. Sorry, but it's true.

SquishDaFish
05-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Theres nothing wrong with that article if you hate him then keep your rants to yourself. Stupid thread to start when there is nothing to your point that you linked us to.

dolphan117
05-10-2006, 02:45 PM
In other words...it could be way worse..Travis Henry had sex with a 15 year old...
Now that I didnt know, I guess I cant say too much though since we just gave Marcus Vick a tryout althogh it dosn't look like we will sign him.

Patrick76777
05-10-2006, 02:45 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-ridealong1006may10,0,2976872.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

He sounds like a POS. It's great to know that we cheer for such a classy guy. I guess when it comes to running backs we get all the scum bags.

Wow, a 24 year old guy into cars and women!

What's this world coming to???? There's just no hope.

Gunzlingr
05-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Sounds like an immature kid. At least he isn't out doing blow and commiting crimes or something.

Mitchy moo
05-10-2006, 02:55 PM

What's this world coming to???? There's just no hope.+

Maybe he needs to commit his life to Our lady help of christians church instead?

Mitchy moo
05-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Is this the character guy Marv had in mind?

TedMock
05-10-2006, 03:29 PM

What's this world coming to???? There's just no hope.

Thank you! What the heck is wrong with everybody? A young man who likes to party and get laid. Sounds a lot like every other 24 year old American male. I don't think this says anything at all about his character. I wish I had his life when I was 24. Glass houses, people, glass houses.

justasportsfan
05-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Marv didn't draft him skoobs. Besides, if you there's one high profile ,high character football player that didn't womanize, he's probably brokeback.

L.A. Playa
05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Marv didn't draft him skoobs. Besides, if you there's one high profile ,high character football player that didn't womanize, he's probably brokeback.

Tom Cousinaeu ???

FlyingDutchman
05-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Sounds like an immature kid. At least he isn't out doing blow and commiting crimes or something.

Exactly. What players from the U dont have their share of problems with either attitude or the law. Hes a church boy when you compare him to a Ray Lewis or Michael Irvin or Sean Taylor....

Iehoshua
05-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah, who the heck cares? I don't see any big deal here.

:bf1: Go Willis!

Mitchy moo
05-10-2006, 03:59 PM

Don't you remember that kid QB from North Dallas Forty?

billsburgh
05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
jealousy?

tampabay25690
05-10-2006, 04:42 PM

Well what do u expect from the University of Miami...........Michael Irvin, or Warren Sapp, or wait they are all like that .............

Mitchy moo
05-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Well what do u expect from the University of Miami...........Michael Irvin, or Warren Sapp, or wait they are all like that .............

Irvin has snorted more coke than dwight gooden and that ain't easy.

Don't Panic
05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
He points out that he doesn't even drink... I was more discouraged with reading his Burger King chronicles in ESPN the mag than in reading this. Fathering two children out of wedlock? Not ideal, but it doesn't mean he's a dead beat dad. He obviously has a lot to learn, but how many of us didn't at 24? At this point, I'm more concerned with his issues on the football field than off it.

BTW, how many loved to see that he wants to escape Miami to get away from the distractions. What better place to do that than Buffalo in the fall and winter? I mean, there is Chippewa, but I doubt that's much fun after a few years in South Beach.

justasportsfan
05-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Don't you remember that kid QB from North Dallas Forty?:idunno:

HAMMER
05-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Thank you! What the heck is wrong with everybody? A young man who likes to party and get laid. Sounds a lot like every other 24 year old American male. I don't think this says anything at all about his character. I wish I had his life when I was 24. Glass houses, people, glass houses.

Glass houses, no, I don't think so. I have had plenty of sex with multiple partners through the course of my life but I was responsible enough to protect myself from disease and unwanted pregnancy. Let's see, he has two kids w/in ten months of age by two different women. I would say he has some character issues, and he is really dumb to boot. Having unprotected sex with multiple women is just plain dumb. From his tone it is clear he doesn't want anything to do with the women. I guess maybe I am old fashioned, I guess it is now acceptable to have two illegitimate children, w/in ten months. The sad part of this scenario is that two children will probably spend most of their lives w/o their father around too much. Everyone makes mistakes and I am not condemning them, but twice? The family unit in America has obviously become less important to many people. Maybe this is why there are so many kids plotting to blow up their teachers and classmates, no parents that care, no one to hug them, love them, guide them.

I have to say that nothing about Willis McGahee has impressed me much to this point. His lax attitude about football and winning doesn't sit well. He seems to care more about X-Box, bowling, shiney cars, and loose women. Why doesn't he feel he needs to be in Buffalo like the rest of his teammates? Doesn't sound like much of a winner to me. Wrap your salami Willis, you won't have to shell out all your money to your next "baby momma".

Drive 4 Five
05-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Hell I can only imagine the kind of trouble I might have got into had I been in this young man's position at 24 yrs. old. All that money, single, and down in Miami with all kinds of fine ass women?

:hump:

Drive 4 Five
05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
He certainly does not seem like the brightest chap but there is no need to go calling him a loser, a punk, and all that. Some of act like you're perfect or something.

BAM
05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
WTF are you guys *****ing about? There was absolutely nothing wrong with that interview.

BAM
05-10-2006, 05:23 PM
A song off Tool's new CD comes to mind here.... "Who are you to wave your finger?"

JJamezz
05-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Morally, yeah, it bugs me.. I feel for his kids, who will be taken care of financially, but grow up without a Dad in their every day life. I imagine that's how Willis grew up, and the cycle continues..

But football wise, I don't see what difference it makes if he does his job.. Course, the jury's still out on that, but I think we will see him looking a lot more like that promising kid (and potential star) we saw in 2004.

TigerJ
05-10-2006, 10:07 PM
He's not the worst character in football. If a guy wants to be shallow and party and have fun with zero commitments, fine. He shouldn't be having kids though. I don't care if Moulds had more of them or that everyone does it. Everyone who does it is wrong. Don't get me wrong, he's got a right to play football, and I don't mind that he plays for the Bills, but as a person, I can't respect him.

Mitchy moo
05-11-2006, 07:04 AM
:idunno:

The young guy that was a church going husband and respectable.

ICE74129
05-11-2006, 07:10 AM
LMAO hes just the typical thug. But we are stuck with him I guess. I don't think DJ is too happy with most vets besides him being there. I guess he is too busy partying.

G. Host
05-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Travis thought she was 18. Exaggeration to create a defense for Willis shows that you do not think very well of him.

eyedog
05-11-2006, 08:19 AM
I don't know whose dumber, Willis or that girl doing the interview. That was something out of junior high.

justasportsfan
05-11-2006, 08:26 AM
The young guy that was a church going husband and respectable.that's why I probably don't know him. Seems boring to interview.

JJamezz
05-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Looks like there are some holes Willis isn't hesitant to hit after all...

:snicker:

Stewie
05-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I really dont give a crap how many kids he has, or cars, as long as he gets 1500 and 12, he can do whatever he freaking wants.

Throne Logic
05-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Is that anything like a Drive-By with Ronnie Brown?

TedMock
05-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Glass houses, no, I don't think so. I have had plenty of sex with multiple partners through the course of my life but I was responsible enough to protect myself from disease and unwanted pregnancy. Let's see, he has two kids w/in ten months of age by two different women. I would say he has some character issues, and he is really dumb to boot. Having unprotected sex with multiple women is just plain dumb. From his tone it is clear he doesn't want anything to do with the women. I guess maybe I am old fashioned, I guess it is now acceptable to have two illegitimate children, w/in ten months. The sad part of this scenario is that two children will probably spend most of their lives w/o their father around too much. Everyone makes mistakes and I am not condemning them, but twice? The family unit in America has obviously become less important to many people. Maybe this is why there are so many kids plotting to blow up their teachers and classmates, no parents that care, no one to hug them, love them, guide them.

I have to say that nothing about Willis McGahee has impressed me much to this point. His lax attitude about football and winning doesn't sit well. He seems to care more about X-Box, bowling, shiney cars, and loose women. Why doesn't he feel he needs to be in Buffalo like the rest of his teammates? Doesn't sound like much of a winner to me. Wrap your salami Willis, you won't have to shell out all your money to your next "baby momma".

There's nothing wrong with being old fashioned. So am I. The family unit is the most important thing in my life. I am a husband, and a father, and my family is number one. I completely agree with your ideology as far as that's concerned. I don't agree with what Willis did. Yes, it makes him a dumbass. My point is this; he's pretty much like every other 24 year old kid today as far as his interests are concerned. The guy should've covered up, but sleeping with multiple partners is just that. A condom doesn't make the act any better. You're just wiser to wear one. We give these guys way too much credit. He came from a crappy situation into instant stardom, and we expect him to be immediately mature and responsible. No way. Never gonna happen. The team most fans worship is the team of the early 90's, and they weren't exactly a bunch of great guys. Character was there as far as the team was concerned and in the locker room, but not off the field. Thurman, Kelly, and Bruce all had very public problems. More recently, Moulds and Henry had very public problems. They are what they are. I too wish Willis was in camp, but that's what all the "U" guys do. I don't agree with it, but the NFL allows it. How many times did Bruce not show up to mini-camp? It seemed like every year. I just don't see Willis being any different from the rest of them.

Billzz
05-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Could care less if the guy slapped peanut butter on his crotch and let the dog lick it off. He just needs to run the rock and be the star he thinks he is.

zone
05-11-2006, 05:09 PM
He is no different then any dumb ass without money, except that he has more opportunities to step up to the plate with the thousands of gold digging whores in South Beach.

He obviously does not learn from his mistake, but it defiantly doesn’t make him a POS, he might very well be a good person deep down none of us know him personal to make that call.

You mean to tell me you never knew a good guy that was stupid and got some girl pregnant?

I would say the thing that worries me the most about him would be the fact that he loves to party, but doesn’t drink. I don’t know about any of you but I usually don’t make it a habit to party every day of the week stone sober, so that would lead me to believe he could be into other forms of “partying”.

Marvelous
05-12-2006, 12:40 AM

Great post.. 1st of all i dislike WM because he is arrogant and underachieves. If he gave a crap he woulda had more yardage and we would have had more of an edge last year. Rewatch some games! He is too big for Buffalo and i say this because he is to showbiz. And many Bilsl fans are all over it too. I dunno why.. Imagine if he has the character and dedication of JP? I'm sorry but i wan't more from the RB postion..

I don't know whose dumber, Willis or that girl doing the interview. That was something out of junior high.
That's the only way he responds. Look at the results she got from him. The guy needs good coaching, a leader, a mentor to keep him in shape. He makes an ass out of us & the team every time he opens his mouth.. He is all over south FL media and it's the same everytime.
Want more Bills fans!!!!!!

Stewie
05-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I would say the thing that worries me the most about him would be the fact that he loves to party, but doesn’t drink. I don’t know about any of you but I usually don’t make it a habit to party every day of the week stone sober, so that would lead me to believe he could be into other forms of “partying”.

Just because you like to get f-ed up on your drug of choice, doesn't mean everyone else does too

Stewie
05-12-2006, 10:24 AM
To the two idiots who neg-repped me....

I still don't care if McGahee is a good role model.. role model's don't win superbowls. Neither do goody two shoes.

Running backs who go 1500 and 12, however, tend to give their team's a shot. And that's the only freaking thing I care about.

If I wanted to worship role models, I'd go to church. End of story.

Maybe you should post on www.ilovejesus.com

Iehoshua
05-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Marv is making the rounds with negs...

He is hereby cast out of the Sith Order!

:cynic:

BAM
05-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Too bad. We're stuck with him. Deal with it.

Jan Reimers
05-12-2006, 02:07 PM

No, we missed Rickey Williams and Lawrence Phillips.

Jan Reimers
05-12-2006, 02:07 PM
. . . and Onterrio "the Whizzinator" Smith.

FlyingDutchman
05-12-2006, 03:58 PM
To the two idiots who neg-repped me....

I still don't care if McGahee is a good role model.. role model's don't win superbowls. Neither do goody two shoes.

Running backs who go 1500 and 12, however, tend to give their team's a shot. And that's the only freaking thing I care about.

If I wanted to worship role models, I'd go to church. End of story.

Maybe you should post on www.ilovejesus.com (http://www.ilovejesus.com)

Yeah some idiot negged me for the harmless stupid stuff i said. He said I needed to start caring, and not promote Willis's ghetto fabulous ways. LMAO. What an idiot. I guess we should only draft out of BYU now so we dont get any guys with any type of flare to them. Isnt that kinda racist to say that Willis is a moron bc hes ghetto fabulous? Sorry, not everyone was raised in white suberbia with fathers around all the time. Some people are so freakin ignorant.

Marvelous
05-12-2006, 06:15 PM
This topic is my biggest beef with our team. I know he had a good statistical season. But it's fact that he as a individual underachieved. He coulda shoulda been more. Maybe i'm overrating him but i doubt it. the kid has double the talent that Henry has/had and 1/2 the effort.

-Where's that stiff arm?
-Where the juke?
-catching? I know he can catch from his U season and he spent his whole rook year standing still at practice catching. He caught 22 passes. The attempts were not there because his routes or whatnot was off.

All these problems are coachable & correctable if he would allow it. Until then i'm wanting more from the position.

All this just makes his shady attitude reflect his play.. Atleast to me.

Who wen't neg crazy?

FlyingDutchman
05-12-2006, 07:02 PM
This topic is my biggest beef with our team. I know he had a good statistical season. But it's fact that he as a individual underachieved. He coulda shoulda been more. Maybe i'm overrating him but i doubt it. the kid has double the talent that Henry has/had and 1/2 the effort.

-Where's that stiff arm?
-Where the juke?
-catching? I know he can catch from his U season and he spent his whole rook year standing still at practice catching. He caught 22 passes. The attempts were not there because his routes or whatnot was off.

All these problems are coachable & correctable if he would allow it. Until then i'm wanting more from the position.

All this just makes his shady attitude reflect his play.. Atleast to me.

Who wen't neg crazy?

I agree he may have underachieved last year, however im going to the same old excuse. The offensive line sucked, and we had no passing game to take off the pressure. I will also agree his juke seems to be lacking, however IMO people were penetrating too quick last year forcing him to make his first move in the backfield.

As far as catching, I dont think I saw him in on 1, 3rd down play. Now this, I dont understand. If he is supposed to be our weapon, he needs to be come an every down back. This is my biggest ***** about him. Every time he gets the ball its just an off tackle play almost every time. Hopefully Juron will find a better way to utilize him. I think his attitude has been alright. I could have done without the best back in the league statement, however IMO hes rather mild considering the cocky SOB's that come out of the U.

Marvelous
05-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Many a plays i noticed him break the d-line and hit some open space to just run into defenders instead of showing some showbiz... Something happened to him since his 1st season. Last year he was clearly lacking.

Stewie
05-14-2006, 08:46 AM
I had no idea so many people want howdy doody to be their running back.

Maybe this explains why we never win anything. Does the FO just put 'character' players on the field ot keep our stupid fanbase happy? That would really piss me off.

What a joke. Give me 1500-12 and seven to ten over a church-going benchwarmer any day. This is not about good deeds. It's about touchdowns.

Go love jesus if you want good deeds. I want a super bowl trophy in buffalo!!!!