PDA

View Full Version : Trade tit for tat...

Italian Stallion
05-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Dolphins | Team trades Moore to Saints
Wed, 10 May 2006 11:28:44 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Miami Dolphins have traded LB Eddie Moore to the New Orleans Saints for LB Courtney Watson.

Soo yeah....the fish have obviously wraped up the division with this move of epic proportions.

casdhf
05-10-2006, 01:58 PM
=

Gunzlingr
05-10-2006, 02:34 PM
I seem to remember that Eddie Moore was supposed to be the second coming a few drafts back.

Nublar7
05-10-2006, 05:11 PM
I seem to remember that Eddie Moore was supposed to be the second coming a few drafts back.Really? From whom? I think most of Dolphin nation was upset with the pick.

!Papacrunk!
05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I seem to remember that Eddie Moore was supposed to be the second coming a few drafts back. What, you mean the guy that was drafted high in the 2nd round by a coach deeming him a great future special teamer, when we never had a 1st round pick then? (I imagine that there were some Dolphans that tried to justify the pick, no matter what the ESPNs of the world said) Well Wanny got about half of that part right-- I'm glad that Saban is cutting off all of the bad parts from the Wanny regime though.

Another move that won't hurt us if he doesn't pan out, especially since Moore was probably going to be cut, at least we have a better chance of production from Watson that we never got from oft injured Moore. I'm surprised the Saints let us do this trade--maybe both players will benefit from the new/different schemes er something.

clumping platelets
05-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Moore is an OLB, Watson is an ILB

!Papacrunk!
05-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Channing Cowder is a ILB as well, but he played all LB positions last year, then again he did have an above average rookie campaign, which hopefully he can build upon for the future.

clumping platelets
05-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Watson has more upside than Moore IMO......edge to Fins

!Papacrunk!
05-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Watson has more upside than Moore IMO......edge to Fins
Nothing personal against Eddie Moore, but my new pizza has more upside that Eddie Moore, lol. Maybe a new system/location will benefit Moore.

Meister
05-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Watson was miscast as an MLB by the personell genius Haslett....he played much better as a WLB when he was given the chance.

DraftBoy
05-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Watson is more of sure tacler and will not be as oft injured, Moore has more speed but is always hurt. Fins win this trade easily. Good deal by Saban.

lordofgun
05-11-2006, 10:06 AM
tit for tit

!Papacrunk!
05-11-2006, 05:26 PM
PER ESPN:

The trade Wednesday between New Orleans and Miami that involved linebackers Courtney Watson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6819) and Eddie Moore (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6385) was nullified Thursday after Moore failed his physical with the Saints.
Both players will return to their original teams.

That pizza that I mentioned before gave me heartburn, and it STILL has more upside than Eddie Moore. Yeesh, friggin injured moron, lol. IDIOT WANNY STRIKES AGAIN!

Throne Logic
05-12-2006, 12:39 AM
I have a couple extra tats around here somewhere, how can I get in on this action?

SABURZFAN
05-12-2006, 01:09 AM
PER ESPN:

That pizza that I mentioned before gave me heartburn, and it STILL has more upside than Eddie Moore. Yeesh, friggin injured moron, lol. IDIOT WANNY STRIKES AGAIN!

i thought spielman was responsible for him.

Al13
05-12-2006, 04:46 AM
the trade was cancelled due to a failed physical by eddie moore

Al13
05-12-2006, 04:47 AM

no it was a wannstedt pick, spielman wanted anquan boldin and wannstedt really liked eddie moore better......

!Papacrunk!
05-12-2006, 06:36 AM
like the previous poster said, it was a Wanny pick--it was his last year for that I believe. Also, as others have mentioned, he passed on Boldin when we needed help at WR at that time. Thanks Wanny.