X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Why R These Guys Still Here.....

I know June 1st is right around the corner but, can anyone explain to me why guys like Bennie Anderson, Jeff Posey, Ryan Nuefeld, Shaud Williams, even Troy Vincent, Sam Aiken, and i still cant beliveve we signed Josh Reed and Ryan Denney to the contracts we did,
    After a 5-11 record u would think you would not want the same depth that you had with that team back on a rebuilding team, also those other guys Bennie and Jeff etc.. r eating cap space and should be let go, i would rather see Rashard Baker there then Troy old... We r rebuilding whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we need to be developing our young players not have them sit behind bums let them play we r not doing anything this year
    Why even bother with Josh Reed he is useless and u can pay a 5th WR to block down feild, some might not like who we signed at WR but they are better than him and more talented SPEED....
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Re: Why R These Guys Still Here.....

Apparenty we have to have a certain number of players on our roster at this time.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Competition.

Plus if someone gets hurt, a bad but needed fallback option.

I'm sure many familiar faces will walk this summer. They new regime owe these guys nothing.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

That is why you draft, to get depth
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Actually, Vincent and Posey are still starters, until beaten out by someone better; Neufeld, Shaud Williams, Reed, Denney and Aiken have been valuable backup/special teams guys; and Benny Anderson will probably lose his starting role but may be a nice backup.

Sometimes we lose sight of a player's special teams' value, and sometimes there is a bigger hit against the cap by releasing a decent player than by keeping him.

Besides, we can bring 85 players to camp, plus NFLE exemptions, so why not take a look at as many guys as possible?
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• MVP
            Bring The Pain
            • Apr 2006

Shaud was just re-signed, he's not going anywhere.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I am looking at it a little different, i look at it that we sucked the last 5 years and that means that those guys dont provide the depth at there positions that we need, Sam Aiken is horrible WR and has done nothing at his position to consider him a roster spot, but he is excellent on special teams, Matt bowen, ko simpson, aston youboty, rashard baker, jabari greer all can fill his void there and then some, josh reed same thing, andre davis, roscoe parrish, peerless price, martin nance all can fill void. Bennie anderson is making starter money, we have greg jerman, the three lineman we drafted, and also justiongeilinger, duke preston to fill tah void, shaud has no value in my opinion and has done nothing to be on this team, Troy would be the only one i would consider keeping but he r paying 3 million for a 35 year old that is to much, as for Denney, we are short there so i guess i agree with u on him, but the others are bums who can easily be replaced by prospects and they are just eating up cap space
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

he was tendered and took offer u really see him beating out lionel gates, anthony thomas, and fred jackson, he is too small, cant block, goes down on first contact, and can't catch, one of Donohue's diamonds in the ruff, we gave him his shot and he couldnt hold up, give the other guys a chance or bring someone else in like jonathan wells, or even a UDFA or june 1st cut
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Actually, Vincent and Posey are still starters, until beaten out by someone better; Neufeld, Shaud Williams, Reed, Denney and Aiken have been valuable backup/special teams guys; and Benny Anderson will probably lose his starting role but may be a nice backup.

Sometimes we lose sight of a player's special teams' value, and sometimes there is a bigger hit against the cap by releasing a decent player than by keeping him.

Besides, we can bring 85 players to camp, plus NFLE exemptions, so why not take a look at as many guys as possible?
                  I think the point of this thread is that we sucked last year, and we are rebuilding this year. They couldn't have been that valuable considering our crappy record. With that said we can't cut everybody in one off season. With the exception of Reed (mainly because there was nothing better than him in FA) I agree that Neuflied, Denney, Shaud, and Aiken suck!! Especially Denney who I hated the day we drafted him.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                    he was tendered and took offer u really see him beating out lionel gates, anthony thomas, and fred jackson, he is too small, cant block, goes down on first contact, and can't catch, one of Donohue's diamonds in the ruff, we gave him his shot and he couldnt hold up, give the other guys a chance or bring someone else in like jonathan wells, or even a UDFA or june 1st cut
                    I agree 100%. If Lionell Gates isn't backing up McGahee this season I will be losing my mind. Shaud Williams has not been impressive. Can we keep McGahee in on 3rd down this season?!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                      I like your thinking.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

the way i look at it, is enough with these guys who had there shot it is time that we get rid of what is left of the old regime, and fill those spots with either younger type vets, or new blood not these guys who just keep hanging on we were terrible for a reason, i just dont see any of these guys helping with the exception of troy vincent, do u really want our young LB's learning from Posey who has done nothing, were are not a playoff team but if you get the young guys the expeience now, then you have the depth to be a playoff team tomorrow, not have bums on the roster who were either cast offs from one team or UDFA that just dont fit the bill, ha ha get it, anyway one more guy who ttok up a roster spot last year who i think can go as well is Jim leonard, i like him but he will never be a starter, and i think matt bowen, and rashar baker and then our draftees provide the depth we need both at there positions, and on ST No more experiments unless they are 6'4 and 328lbs runnning a 4.8 if u no what i mean
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

all good points. Vincent and Posey especially. there's some concern that Crowell is too small to play strong side LB, and thus Posey may be pretty vital, like him or not. Also, why would you release Vincent now? he's still probably better than Baker, and will be a fabulous tutor to Simpson.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BillsNick
                            • Jul 2003

Keep in mind fellas, that some of these guys you're talking about will get cut before the season starts.

Comment

• Marvelous
                              • Feb 2004

I liek Posey. He's a lunchpale type. He isn't fancy but is a solid tackler. He's a jack of all stuff blitzing,coverage but master of none..
                              GO BILLS!!! NE
                              Magical Trevor

Comment

Working...
                              X