PDA

View Full Version : In my opinion we were ROBBED.

JD
05-12-2006, 02:18 AM
I'm not looking to make excuses for this loss.

But COME ON. So many missed calls on Ottawa.

I can recall one of our players getting hit into the boards, then held down on the ice.. the ref raises his arm about halfway then remembers Muckler slipped him a 50 earlier and just pulled the players apart. Unreal.

PUCKER
05-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Friggin Frazier shouldnt even been reffing that game. I hate that Jimmy Johnson wannabee.

Ebenezer
05-12-2006, 02:46 AM
look at the games officiated by McGeough, McCreary, Schick and Fraser...Buffalo either lost or had a hard time winning. As soon as I saw Fraser my heart dropped.

They are old time refs who, while not picking on Buffalo, did not call the game the way the "New NHL" is being called. Not a coincidence in my opinion. They are not calling against Buffalo but letting more crap go on than others.

SABURZFAN
05-12-2006, 03:07 AM
we just have to forget about the refs swallowing their whistles and put more pucks in the net.

YardRat
05-12-2006, 04:40 AM
It's a series now.

SkateZilla
05-12-2006, 04:52 AM
look at the games officiated by McGeough, McCreary, Schick and Fraser...Buffalo either lost or had a hard time winning. As soon as I saw Fraser my heart dropped.

They are old time refs who, while not picking on Buffalo, did not call the game the way the "New NHL" is being called. Not a coincidence in my opinion. They are not calling against Buffalo but letting more crap go on than others.

i got a list of 16 + things by friasier and mos tofn video and im encoding ot WMV and attaching to email to NHL office..

its stupid..

sabres just dont get a fair officiating game with him there...

that or the NHL sent him here to keep their Mighty senators from being swept..

BlackMetalNinja
05-12-2006, 05:14 AM
Just once don't you think the Sabres could just lose a game and it be nobody's fault but their own? They had plenty of PP opportunities and couldn't do anything on them, Emery played well enough to beat them and Miller missed two shots from the point where he was well screened. The Sabres lost, plain and simple, no excuses needed.

YardRat
05-12-2006, 05:59 AM
Emery had a huge game...I thought he was the difference.

That and even despite the gap in SOG in the second period especially, and a larger number of SOG by the Sabres in this game, Ottawa's defense played better than than had in the first three games.

don137
05-12-2006, 06:14 AM
I am not going to blame the officials on losing. Buffalo lost the game. However, I am sick of Chara having his own set of rules and is able to hook, hold, elbow people in the face, rough people at every chance he gets. He commits a penalty on almost every shift he is out there yet he never gets a penalty.
Penalties is not what lost us the game. Not playing a solid third period for 20 minutes and Emery having some key saves lost us the game. Don't forget Afinegenov missed a wide open net in the second period I believe. You can't miss those opportunites. The bounces just did not go our way last night. When there was a rebound it always seemed to bounce to an Ottawa player. They scored off a defelection off a Tallinder. But that's how it goes some night. Some nights it goes your way other nights it doesn't.
I agree Frasier is a schmuck. I have hated the way he calls games for a long time. My favorite offical of all time is Andy VanHellemond.

Meathead
05-12-2006, 06:34 AM
emery was absolutely the difference

not only didnt he let in any questionable goals he made more big stops than all three previous games combined

even with that and everything else the sabres only lost by a goal. im not worried

SabreEleven
05-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Muckler doesn't have to pay Fraser $50 to screw. It just comes natural to Fraser.

OLN called Max "Pavel Bure without the scoring" Pretty much dead on.

SabreEleven
05-12-2006, 06:48 AM

But it seems they remember it's 2006 for a minute or two and then slip back into the 90's for the rest of the period. Players don't know how to play.

MTBillsFan
05-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah, we we're robbed... by the crossbar and the post a few times. And yes it felt like a few more penalties were commited by us but that is because Ottawa out skated us in periods 1 and 3.
Plain and simple we need to put the biscuit in the basket early on emery before he gets into some kind of rythmn.

GO SABRES

redeye5
05-12-2006, 08:55 AM
We, the undersigned, plead with the National Hockey League, the National Hockey League Players Association, and the National Hockey League Officials Association to ensure that Kerry Fraser is removed from the active roster of referees and never allowed to referee another NHL game ever.

http://www.petitiononline.com/nofraser/petition.html

Well said. Kerry Fraser is a useless milk keg of a ref and a spotlight loving, egotistical showboat to boot. We are talking about a guy that is not happy unless everyone fan's attention is focused on that hair covered helmet he wears to disguise the fact that he's been bald since the tender age of 17. It is a sad state of affairs, if this is the "best" officiating that the NHL has to offer for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

No one can be expected to make the right call every time, but let's face it ... he is down right useless. A high priest of the secretive Temple of the Club-Footed Yeti could have called a better game (even after having spent 3-days riding through the treacherous mountain passes of the Himalayas on the back of a wooly Yak without food, sleep or water as part of his continuing fight for a free Nepal only to arrive in the rolling foothills of Everest and discover that the Chinese occupation of Nepal had ended two-days before his journey began).

redeye5
05-12-2006, 08:57 AM
http://kerryfraser.ytmnd.com/

Mr. Pink
05-13-2006, 12:16 AM
You know you all complain, well not all but some, about officiating when it comes to the Sabres. Why is it that hardly anyone can actually admit that we got outplayed? It happens from time to time. And then this series, wah Ottawa gets all the calls. Did any of you happen to see Teppo Numminen cross check the linesman? Did that get called a penalty? No. Should it have? Yes. Should he be suspended for it? Probably. More proof that it all evens out in the end.

You make your own breaks in sports and the officiating even it's self out over the long haul. One team or another isn't magically blessed with the officiating for or against it constantly. Refs are human, much like us and are liable to mistakes and errors in judgement. Remember, the ref doesn't get to see the play replayed 6,000 times in 15 different angles, he gets one view at whatever angle he has to see it.

Instead of blaming officiating for the game, maybe just maybe Ottawa won last night because they were the better team for one night of the series, much like Buffalo was for the other 3 games. Christ, they're the number 1 seed in the playoffs, and for us to be up 3-1 in the series is awesome. That being said I hope Doms' groin doesn't allow him to come back at all in this one.

PUCKER
05-13-2006, 02:36 AM
:mad: You know what? I blame the Sabs for not playing a full 60 minutes AND the refs! You play 20-30 minutes and youre not going to win,but youre also not going to win when you have refs with their whistles stuck up their ass the whole game!

JD
05-13-2006, 12:42 PM
That being said I hope Doms' groin doesn't allow him to come back at all in this one.

Do you REALLY think if Hasek plays he will rob the Sabres after being out for 3 months with no play?? Not going to happen. 2 on 0's..2 on 1's will leave his groin laying all over the ice.