PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters

ghz in pittsburgh
05-12-2006, 11:19 AM
I know McNally likes him, a lot. Reading his interview with Chris Brown, I have the feeling that Peters'd be given the LT job next year. Remember this is going to be Gandy's contract year and he's average (which is not really a bad thing). I have no doubt that McNally would consider Peters to be an upgrade if he continues to progress like he did last year.

There is no sense to extend Peters now because 1) he needs to play tackle for at least a year before a reasonable opinion can be formed (when opponents study and attack him in great detail); and 2) he's still two year removed from UFA, why not get a cheap year out of him now?

But I do remember reading an article the year he went undrafted and signed by the Bills as a UFA. It detailed that Peters went back to his college asking to practice with his college team in July which came as a shock to people around his college days because he carried a "lazy" label in his college days. The article concluded that earning a job in NFL was enough a motivation even for a lazy guy.

So my question is if indeed he gets his lucrative extension, what kind of Peters are we going to get? The one that believed he should enjoy his fruit of work or the one like Pat Williams who took the humble lesson (went undrafted) to his heart? That's the risk Marv has to weigh in.

venis2k1
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
we should play him at TE.

Stewie
05-12-2006, 11:39 AM
There are ways to guarantee him LT type money and still get hard work out of him... Make his 'guaranteed' money in the form of workout and roster bonuses. Have a provision that will make him have to return a prorated portion of his signing bonus if he is cut for any reason before a certain year of his contract.

Billsrock4life
05-12-2006, 01:39 PM
yes definetly sign him long term