• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Reaching.. Levi Jones.. Blahblahblah.. comical

Rather than use my own personal opinions, I will simply show FACTS (aka other people's WORDS) to back up what Im saying.

talk about hypocritical. For WEEKS before the draft, everytime I tried to make a case for a specific player, I heard NOTHING but what what a "reach" Levi Jones turned out to be and what a stud he is today.

Funny how the shoe is on the Bills foot and the BILLS take their "Levi Jones". Want to see more on what I'm talking about? Check this out.
    ==============================================

First, lets address McCargo. Before the draft, we had the "best DL coach in the NFL according what several people including Lenny P have said."

ICE74129

Re: Did Bunkley Disappear or Something?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    Pat, I do agree with some points, but please don't make it sound like it is a reach for Justice at #8...because it is not. Let's go back a couple of years when there were 2 tackles available to the Bills in the 4 spot of the draft. One was huge man with "great feet" and the other one had some character issues. I'm pretty sure that everybody on this board would go back and take McKinnie over Williams. I really wanted McKinnie at that spot, but we ended up with Big Mike, who was a Big Bust. IMO, Justice will be fine, character wise and we would be lucky to have him on this team.

You know what is funny. Me and a couple others were the ONLY people saying....Levi Jones. But hey, I didn't know anything....

Ok.. Umm.. Who says the DL coach can't make McCargo a star in this league. That's a pretty logical thing to say according to your assessment, no?
    ==============================================
    Now, lets move on to the Bills "offical" draft board..

ICE74129

Re: Guys who you DON'T want to see drafted by Buffalo..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hydro014
    Ice, i know you dont want anyone but OL or DL. But unless we trade out of 8 the only OL or DL that is worth that pick is D'Brink

When you can show me no OL or DT on the BILLS official board is worth #8 then I will agree with you. Still fans have thier own opinions and that is fine, but they are usually way off of the real boards.

Lines and nothing but them until LT, LG and DT is addressed. We have been sucking for a friggin decade for ONE REASON...SH@!!y Lines! Address the lines with the best talent available.

Convinced about their draft board yet?
    ===========================================================
    Here is my favorite one..

ICE74129

Re: Did Bunkley Disappear or Something?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    Pat, I do agree with some points, but please don't make it sound like it is a reach for Justice at #8...because it is not. Let's go back a couple of years when there were 2 tackles available to the Bills in the 4 spot of the draft. One was huge man with "great feet" and the other one had some character issues. I'm pretty sure that everybody on this board would go back and take McKinnie over Williams. I really wanted McKinnie at that spot, but we ended up with Big Mike, who was a Big Bust. IMO, Justice will be fine, character wise and we would be lucky to have him on this team.

You know what is funny. Me and a couple others were the ONLY people saying....Levi
    Jones. But hey, I didn't know anything....

You defend the LEVI JONES pick though its a reach, but when its our BILLS who "reach" and take a player of HUGE NEED in Whitner, just like Cinci did. You bash the living hell out of the pick.

Hypocrisy at its very best right there.
    ==========================================================
    ICE74129

Re: Guys who you DON'T want to see drafted by Buffalo..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OpIv37
    I agree with your assessment of the lines but I'm not sold on the draft as the way to fix them. Remember, Mike Williams was a #4 overall draft pick, and he lost his starting spot to an undrafted TE that got a 4 on the Wonderlick. And Erik Flowers- he was our first round DT pick one year that turned out to be a complete bust.

So while the lines need attention, there is no guarantee that picking an OL or DT with our 1st rounder will be any sort of help. Plus, if we pick someone that's slated to go 11-15 at #8, we're gonna be overpaying.

And I see
    LeviJones that fans said was a reach. The guy is a probowl caliber tackle taken after McKennie and Williams.

WTF...........And Whitner won't be that guy, or McCargo???
    Shake my head, that's all I can do.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Re: Reaching.. Levi Jones.. Blahblahblah.. comical

Levi Jones is a good offensive tackle? When did this happen?
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
      Levi Jones is a good offensive tackle? When did this happen?

when levi jones came out,he was projected around the 20th pick.cincinatti took him at 10 and all the wannabe football gods thought it was a reach.most people felt they could have traded down,get an extra pick,and still get their guy.that's the case we have here,with a lot of Bills fans,with whitner.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Say for instance (******edly hypothetical) your team was filled at every position with Pro Bowlers. If the only piece missing from the equasion was a punter, would you draft him in the first round to ensure you upgraded your needs?

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Big difference between reaching for a LT or reaching for a Safety.

And what the hell does Levi Jones have to do with anything? People could find tons of players who were considered reaches that ended up not being worthy of that pick.

So are you saying just because Levi Jones was considered a reach and became a good player that Whitner is gonna be a huge impact player?

The way I see it is some of the best safeties in the game like Polamolu and Ed Reed wasn't drafted anywhere close to Whitner. Great safeties aren't drafted in the Top 8 most of the time. Whitner better at least be that good if not better to be worthy of that selection.

A great LT is much harder to find then a safety. You don't reach for a safety. He better turn out to be no worse then them guys listed above and twice the player that Bullocks will be who was drafted in the 2nd round.

If he's just a good solid SS but not a major impact player then it will be a bust. He better be a difference maker that OC's fear to be selected that high in the draft.

And if I remember correctly the person who started this thread laughed at the idea of drafting him at #8 in the Mike Mayock thread. Now it's a great idea though.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
            • Sep 2003

As it turns out, I have an in with the Bengals - who told me BEFORE that draft that Levi Jones was in fact the best OL in that draft - not the two who were hyped up. Sure looks like he was right.
            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
            X