PDA

View Full Version : Why not the Senators?

G. Host
05-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Full article printable version:
http://www.canada.com/components/print.aspx?id=3b1bd690-1e87-4ac2-917f-89735104ae90

Ottawa Senators coach Bryan Murray is hoping his team has finally come to respect the Buffalo Sabres as a worthy opponent. He doesn't believe they did when the series began.
But now that they've seen only hard-working hockey is going to beat the Sabres, he's crossing his fingers they continue to play as they did in Thursday's 2-1 win, which cut the Sabres' margin to 3-1 and gave the Senators a faint hope.

"I guess the word maybe is respect," said Murray, who brought the players in for a 30-minute meeting to watch the highlights of Thursday's game. "I guess we thought we could do whatever we felt we wanted to do and wouldn't get burnt as badly as we did.
"I have to go back to Game 1 all the time. The game was there. I mean, we were able to score goals, and we just kept giving it back to them.

Respect is earned and the Sabres have earned it!

Meathead
05-13-2006, 02:27 PM
I guess we thought we could do whatever we felt we wanted to do and wouldn't get burnt as badly as we did.
maybe thats because for every game that mattered this season the sens had an answer for everything the sabres threw at them - except the shootout and we dont get those in the playoffs

nice time for the sabres to turn that particular dynamic around though eh?

YardRat
05-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't care if Murray, Alfredsson, Chara, Heatley, et al respect the Sabres. I do care whether or not they will be making tee times instead of planning for the conference finals, though.

PUCKER
05-14-2006, 01:02 AM
If they dont respect us by now,then thats their loss. :D