PDA

View Full Version : question about a penalty

chernobylwraiths
05-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Ray has been harping about how Tallinder putting his hand on the puck in the crease should have been a penalty shot. I was under the impression that the puck had to have a hand closed over it in the crease. Tallinder tried to flick it out with his hand. Am I wrong?

MikeInRoch
05-13-2006, 09:15 PM
I believe the rule is that you cannot cover it at all unless you are the goalie. If it's outside the crease, it's a 2 minute penalty. If it is in the crease, it's a penalty shot.

You are always allowed to bat it with your hand.

chernobylwraiths
05-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I believe the rule is that you cannot cover it at all unless you are the goalie. If it's outside the crease, it's a 2 minute penalty. If it is in the crease, it's a penalty shot.

You are always allowed to bat it with your hand.

Well, he tried to flick it between his legs out of the crease and it hit his leg and then about 6 guys jumped in. I don't even think it could be called a penalty since he didn't cover it at all.

MikeInRoch
05-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I think what they were saying was that it wasn't clear who was covering it, since they didn't know where the puck was. The ref gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was Miller covering it.