PDA

View Full Version : Nice replay on OLN's site

Turf
05-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Go to OLN's site and watch the review. It shows a nice on ice level of Poms goal and at the end it shows a new angle of the team celebrating. Still sends a shiver up my spine!

buffalofan19
05-14-2006, 10:28 AM
As much as I hate how OLN isn't available unless you have digital cable or dish, they do a really good job with their coverage. I don't get what people are complaining about at all. They gave extensive highlights of every goal last night, and a recap on their website. That is awesome, as opposed to nhl.com which only shows the live angle of every goal. I really like OLN's coverage so far.

Also, as far as the broadcasters go, I think Beninati and Eliot have done a great job. They aren't Rick and Jim, but who is? I don't mind them at all and hope they do Buffalo's series, and send Emrick and Davidson out for the Western Conference series.

G. Host
05-14-2006, 10:43 AM
What site is OLN? OLN.com is some "portal" site. :(

LABillsFan
05-14-2006, 10:51 AM
http://olntv.com click NHL which is half way down the page.

Bufftp
05-14-2006, 10:54 AM
here it is
http://www.olntv.com/nhl/#

G. Host
05-14-2006, 03:29 PM
here it is
http://www.olntv.com/nhl/#

I have Sabres (OLN) on local TV!
http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/oln/system.asp?partner_id=oln&zipcode=22310
Cox Communications - Fairfax - Digital

:up: :clap: :10:
:beers: on Glenn!

shelby
05-14-2006, 04:01 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
:beers:

G. Host
05-14-2006, 04:25 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
:beers:

I hope you like Molson XXX. It is what I have in fridge.
Where are you coming from?

RockStar36
05-14-2006, 04:31 PM
As much as I hate how OLN isn't available unless you have digital cable or dish, they do a really good job with their coverage. I don't get what people are complaining about at all. They gave extensive highlights of every goal last night, and a recap on their website. That is awesome, as opposed to nhl.com which only shows the live angle of every goal. I really like OLN's coverage so far.

Also, as far as the broadcasters go, I think Beninati and Eliot have done a great job. They aren't Rick and Jim, but who is? I don't mind them at all and hope they do Buffalo's series, and send Emrick and Davidson out for the Western Conference series.

Overall the OLN coverage is decent. However, those announcers are the worst. I could've sworn that during game 4 OLN stood for the Ottawa Lovers Network. They were sucking so much Ottawa ass and wouldn't give the Sabres any credit. Those two were terrible announcers. When announcing a national TV game, they shouldn't be allowed to be so biased.

YardRat
05-14-2006, 04:39 PM
I thought the OLN announcers were biased also...my son got so tired of it he turned down the sound.

RockStar36
05-14-2006, 04:43 PM
"I know we shouldn't pick favorites, but Daniel Alfredsson is one of my favorite players. There I said it."

"And these Buffalo fans must be expecting a penalty every time someone in a black sweater falls down".

"Emery is going to great, he just isn't polished yet. Afinogenov is a good skater but he just can't finish.".... "Maybe you could say that Afinogenov just isn't polished like Emery" .... "No, some players just have and some don't. Afinogenov just doesn't. He can't finish".

buffalofan19
05-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Overall the OLN coverage is decent. However, those announcers are the worst. I could've sworn that during game 4 OLN stood for the Ottawa Lovers Network. They were sucking so much Ottawa ass and wouldn't give the Sabres any credit. Those two were terrible announcers. When announcing a national TV game, they shouldn't be allowed to be so biased.

I didn't see games 4 or 5 on OLN, so maybe there was some bias, but I do have game 1 off of a torrent file, and I thought they were okay. They said more good stuff about Ottawa, but that was to be expected. Guess what. They were the favorite to win the Cup. The reason they said alot of good things about Ottawa was because they ARE a good team. Anyone who denies it is not being honest with himself. And I find nothing wrong with Beninati saying Alfredsson is his favorite player to watch. That doesn't necessarily make him pro-Ottawa/anti-Buffalo. Beninati is the play-by-play guy for the Washington Capitals when not on OLN, so I doubt he has too strong of an allegiance to either team. It's the same reason not too many people like Rick and Jim outside of Sabres fans. They show a little bit of homerism that rubs other fans the wrong way. It's just how it goes (though Jim is usually very objective).

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-14-2006, 05:52 PM
ACTUALLY BOTH STATIONS SUCK OLN & MSG OLN ANNOUNCER "BULLSEYE" umm this is hockey not archery" :laughing: and I hate MSG! and the Shoot-Out. Now maybe it's just me but I miss Hockey Hotline the Shoot-Out doesn't have the stuff that Hockey Hotline had. The Shoot-Out has Mike Robitaille but it's not the same Mike was the one that made that show go on HH. Lets face it Adelphia dropped the ball they had a choice to make and they chose to put crummy NFL Network on TV than keep ESN. If Empire was still around they would have had the first and second rounds on with Rick Jeanneret calling the games and Jim Lorentz doing the color commentary and we wouldn't have to go flipping channels every other game and listening to lousy announcers and color commentary. By the way I think NBC is awesome how they do their games but I hate the new Jersey play-by-play man and John Davidson what ever happened to Gary Thorne from ESPN National Hockey Night did he retire :question: him I did not mind he was like my third favorite announcer. What would be awesome if your listening mr Gollisano and Larry Quinn is have a station just like the Yankees do but only have SABRES games on they did that last yr. when there was no hockey because of the lockout. The Sabres put them on one of the community channels and it had old SABRES games on it. Even from the days of the French Connection.

SabreEleven
05-14-2006, 07:09 PM

Agreed, those announcers suck donkey nuts.

Michael82
05-14-2006, 09:38 PM
"I know we shouldn't pick favorites, but Daniel Alfredsson is one of my favorite players. There I said it."

"And these Buffalo fans must be expecting a penalty every time someone in a black sweater falls down".

"Emery is going to great, he just isn't polished yet. Afinogenov is a good skater but he just can't finish.".... "Maybe you could say that Afinogenov just isn't polished like Emery" .... "No, some players just have and some don't. Afinogenov just doesn't. He can't finish".
:ill:

PUCKER
05-15-2006, 12:26 AM
I have a feeling no matter who we get,theyll be kissing the Canes butt! :mad:

RockStar36
05-15-2006, 10:36 AM
I didn't see games 4 or 5 on OLN, so maybe there was some bias, but I do have game 1 off of a torrent file, and I thought they were okay. They said more good stuff about Ottawa, but that was to be expected. Guess what. They were the favorite to win the Cup. The reason they said alot of good things about Ottawa was because they ARE a good team. Anyone who denies it is not being honest with himself. And I find nothing wrong with Beninati saying Alfredsson is his favorite player to watch. That doesn't necessarily make him pro-Ottawa/anti-Buffalo. Beninati is the play-by-play guy for the Washington Capitals when not on OLN, so I doubt he has too strong of an allegiance to either team. It's the same reason not too many people like Rick and Jim outside of Sabres fans. They show a little bit of homerism that rubs other fans the wrong way. It's just how it goes (though Jim is usually very objective).

This is just my opinion, but Rick & Jim can be more biased than normal because they are broadcasting on a 'Sabres' station. Beninati and his butt buddy cannot be biased because they are broadcasting on national TV.

Same thing as listening to a Bills game on the radio called by Bills announcers, or watching the game on CBS.

Dude
05-15-2006, 10:43 AM
I was only able to watch a couple games on OLN. Most of the time they showed Carolina and NJ. The Comcast internet feed is much better because you get to hear Rick & Jim.

SpillerThrills
05-15-2006, 10:51 AM
I thought the OLN announcers were biased also...my son got so tired of it he turned down the sound.

buffalo could do nothing right and ottawa could do nothing wrong according the OLN announcers.... I like their coverage but they need to get better announcers, someone that's not bias towards one team or the other. when rick and jim do the play by play if someone in a buffalo sweater does something stupid and deserves a penalty they say it.... they are buffalo fans and ofcourse they are bias but they call a good game.