PDA

View Full Version : If the unbelievable happens

chernobylwraiths
05-15-2006, 11:21 AM
and the Sabres win the Stanley cup, will you cry?

THATHURMANATOR
05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Not sure Cher. I will go crazy that is for sure!!!

chernobylwraiths
05-15-2006, 11:39 AM
I hear ya Thurm. I'm thinking there is a definite possibility. All the failures of the past just might catch up at that point though. One of my favorite teams since I was a kid FINALLY winning it all will be emotional.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Hell yes.

Especially if I see it in person.

I will blubber like a newborn.

Michael82
05-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Everybody remember what happened in Bruce Almighty? The Buffalo Sabres win the Stanley Cup and the city literally goes crazy. I just hope if the Sabres win it all, that it doesnt happen. We already got a bad reputation from everyone else, we don't want to make it worse by rioting and causing all kinds of trouble downtown. :scared:

http://www.filmfodder.com/movies/reviews/bruce_almighty/images/bruce_almighty.jpg

YardRat
05-15-2006, 01:33 PM
No.

If they win it all, I'll be speechless. If they lose, I'll be pissed.

SabreEleven
05-15-2006, 01:56 PM
you think there is some guy running around Buffalo with God's power's right now. You should play the lottery.

Dude
05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Hopefully Jim Carrey is going to bring us the cup. :D And I'll cry if it happens.

helmetguy
05-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Everybody remember what happened in Bruce Almighty? The Buffalo Sabres win the Stanley Cup and the city literally goes crazy. I just hope if the Sabres win it all, that it doesnt happen. We already got a bad reputation from everyone else, we don't want to make it worse by rioting and causing all kinds of trouble downtown. :scared:

http://www.filmfodder.com/movies/reviews/bruce_almighty/images/bruce_almighty.jpg
SHUT

UP!!!!!

SabreEleven
05-15-2006, 02:26 PM
SHUT

UP!!!!!

:snicker:

I didn't know this poll was public, can I change my vote?

Michael82
05-15-2006, 02:46 PM
SHUT

UP!!!!!
You better NOT riot. :shakeno:

Michael82
05-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Hopefully Jim Carrey is going to bring us the cup. :D And I'll cry if it happens.
Hopefully he does. I will probably cry a bit too. After I go nuts, screaming and yelling. :dance:

don137
05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Since my two favorite sports are hockey and football and neither the Sabres nor Bills have won it I truly have no idea how I would react. I do know alcohol will be involved...

BillyT92679
05-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm not a hockey fan. I grew up in Central NY, which is basketball country by far. Syracuse did not even have an AHL team when I was a kid, Utica did.
And nothing, nothing would beat the jubilation that I and everyone else from Toronto to Utica and many other places would feel when the Bills someday win the Super Bowl. Not even a Stanley Cup win for this area.

But, I really want the Sabres to win. I just moved to Buffalo from spending the last eight and a half years in Rochester and I can see out here how much you guys love your team, and what good a championship would do for Buffalo-Niagara specifically. I celebrated my National Championship win for the Cuse three years ago, and that was great for Central NY and Rochester and east to Albany. All of us from Rochester eastbound finally felt like we were winners, like our area, as economically bruised and battered as it has always been, as snowbound as ever, meant something. A Stanley Cup for Buffalo would do the same for here.

Michael82
05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm not a hockey fan. I grew up in Central NY, which is basketball country by far. Syracuse did not even have an AHL team when I was a kid, Utica did.
And nothing, nothing would beat the jubilation that I and everyone else from Toronto to Utica and many other places would feel when the Bills someday win the Super Bowl. Not even a Stanley Cup win for this area.

But, I really want the Sabres to win. I just moved to Buffalo from spending the last eight and a half years in Rochester and I can see out here how much you guys love your team, and what good a championship would do for Buffalo-Niagara specifically. I celebrated my National Championship win for the Cuse three years ago, and that was great for Central NY and Rochester and east to Albany. All of us from Rochester eastbound finally felt like we were winners, like our area, as economically bruised and battered as it has always been, as snowbound as ever, meant something. A Stanley Cup for Buffalo would do the same for here.
A Stanley Cup would do that for Rochester too. A lot of us have an emotional interest in this current Sabres team because most of the top notch players that led this team this far were groomed and developed in Rochester and wore the Rochester Amerks uniform last year and before that.

shelby
05-15-2006, 04:02 PM
i cry during the National Anthem, for :curse:s sake.

SABURZFAN
05-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Hopefully he does. I will probably cry a bit too. After I go nuts, screaming and yelling. :dance:

wear a raincoat around Mikey if that happens.i hear that he spews more liquid than a hurricane.

BillyT92679
05-15-2006, 04:33 PM
A Stanley Cup would do that for Rochester too. A lot of us have an emotional interest in this current Sabres team because most of the top notch players that led this team this far were groomed and developed in Rochester and wore the Rochester Amerks uniform last year and before that.
It would I suppose, though I think the Sabres aren't as popular in Rochester as say SU Basketball is. I lived there for eight and a half years and I never found a real groundswell of support for them as much as I did for the Bills or the Orange.

But, the Sabres winning would be a tremendous shot in the arm for this area especially.

SabreEleven
05-15-2006, 05:05 PM

Pussy

don137
05-15-2006, 06:37 PM

That's because you can't drink your beer during the national anthem....

Michael82
05-16-2006, 10:40 AM
It would I suppose, though I think the Sabres aren't as popular in Rochester as say SU Basketball is. I lived there for eight and a half years and I never found a real groundswell of support for them as much as I did for the Bills or the Orange.

But, the Sabres winning would be a tremendous shot in the arm for this area especially.
The Sabres are taking over in Rochester right now. I'm starting to see Sabres stuff everywhere and a bunch of people are now Sabres fans. It's been getting bigger all season.

Dr. Lecter
05-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Kinda ironic that the only person who said crying is for pansies is cas.

Meathead
05-16-2006, 01:14 PM
why would you cry? i mean i dont have a problem with it but its only sports. i will be very happy with a big s***-eating grin on my face for at least a year but thats about it. seems it would like crying if your favorite actor gets an acadamy award or something

ever since 9/11 i get a little teary every time i sing the american and canadian anthems now

Dude
05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Shut up! I bawled when Robin Williams won. How do you like dem apples, Meathead?

Meathead
05-16-2006, 02:05 PM
oh well of course youre a wussy

shelby
05-16-2006, 07:31 PM
ever since 9/11 i get a little teary every time i sing the american and canadian anthems now

Exactly.:up:
:buddies:

Typ0
05-16-2006, 09:02 PM
I've been shedding tears of joy and amazement since November for this team...I doubt it's going to stop now.

PUCKER
05-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Im sure I will cry. LET THE DREAM HAPPEN! :pray:

Meathead
05-18-2006, 09:53 PM
did u really cry for mork

ddaryl
05-19-2006, 01:40 AM
When the day happens, either the Sabres or the Bills, I won't be capable of choking tears back.

I've been there for all 6 championships, and I'm 0-6, like most of yas. Way too much frustration, dissapointment and finally relief will have me squirting tears liek a new born.