PDA

View Full Version : Interesting June 1st.....

bigbub2352
05-15-2006, 01:28 PM
With June 1st around the corner i do suspect that the Bills will not be silent, I think that Bennie Anderson and Jeff Posey will be gone, and maybe a younger guy too,

Has anyone heard any rumors who might be on the shopping block???

Also any FA of interest still left, there is one guy on my radar for depth and goaline would be nice to pick up Grady Jackson, and let McCargo learn his position

Any Thoughts...

YardRat
05-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Anderson should be gone, but I think Posey sticks with the team.

With the new CBA in place, I wouldn't expect too much activity from anybody this June.

BillsFever21
05-15-2006, 01:33 PM
There won't be much of anything after June 1st. Most teams are in decent cap shape this year and won't need to release players out of need.

bigbub2352
05-15-2006, 01:59 PM
There could be people released, that maybe a team doesnt want anymore, or maybe doesnt want to pay anymore, just a thought

Al13
05-15-2006, 03:28 PM
donnie edwards from the chargers could get the axe

Jan Reimers
05-15-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't think we'll release Posey, who is still the starter, or Bennie Anderson, until we know whether Reyes or Preston is better. I fail to see the need to cut guys before we even know if we have suitable replacements.

Night Train
05-15-2006, 05:08 PM
They could cut Bennie Anderson today and replace him with a dufflebag full of rags. It would have more lateral movement and overall appeal.

If we're not contending this season, start chopping the short term players who can't help us due to inflated contract,talent or age. The new front office owes these players NOTHING.

patmoran2006
05-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Posey aint going anywhere, anytime soon.
Either is Anderson for that matter.

jamze132
05-16-2006, 06:06 AM
Posey might actually suprise us this year with the new defensive scheme. He will have more opportunities to rush the QB which his about the only thing he does well.

Tinboy
05-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Posey is needed to teach the youngster, hence he stays. If Anderson where cut I wouldn't cry.

eyedog
05-16-2006, 08:02 AM
If we're not contending this season, start chopping the short term players who can't help us due to inflated contract,talent or age. The new front office owes these players NOTHING.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

They can start here: B. Anderson, K. Holcomb, R. Neufeld, J. Posey, T. Vincent, and C. Wire.

And for some reason this dead weight was given new contracts or they would have been added: J. Reed and R. Denney.

Dr. Lecter
05-16-2006, 08:03 AM
Cutting Posey after 6/1 does no good since he is going into the last year of his deal.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Cutting Posey after 6/1 does no good since he is going into the last year of his deal.

Yep, and although many will tell you Posey is/was a good outside linebacker,
I for one will be the happiest guy in town when his ass is out of here.

Just not the right player for our system. Never should have been brought
in to a team playing 4-3 or 46, etc.

eyedog
05-16-2006, 08:20 AM

You can put Posey under the age/talent category.

bigbub2352
05-16-2006, 10:26 AM
what is posey or benni anderson gonna teach anybody how not to block, how not to rush the passer, or not make a tackle, they r dead weight, so is josh reed i cant believe we signed him, denney makes sense he is a servicable back up can play both sides, and is smart, but backup only, i agree with all the guys that eyedog said these guys have been sitting around collecting paychecks and doing nothing to help us see yah give someone else oppurtunities to succeed

TigerJ
05-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I don't see the Bills going after Grady Jackson. If Haloti Ngata was not a fit for the Bills' defensive system, then Grady Jackson is the antithesis of a Bills DT in the Tampa Cover 2 defense. It wouldn't surprise me to see Bennie Anderson cut. In fact, I expect it. Tim Anderson will stay. So to will Posey for the time being.

bigbub2352
05-17-2006, 12:35 PM
i am just trying to get a fix on whio is still out there, we also have a guy in NFLE that is 330lbs and 6'3 and samoin, dont remeber his name, but if anybody has any knowledge of who is still out there please post

Bert102176
05-17-2006, 08:42 PM
I think a duffle bag of rags would be better then Bennie, atleast no holding calls would be called