PDA

View Full Version : i am starting to doubt the bills use of talent at the LB position..

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 07:58 AM
why is it that jay foreman looks like a friggin pro bowler in Houston, but we couldnt get production out of him like that?

why is it that keith newman looked like a budding star 2 years ago, and has faded away since the new coaching staff took over?

was london fletcher making plays despite the coachs, after his slow start?

we know eddie robinson is old.. but was he really as bad as he looked?

i really have my doubts.. i really will not be surprised at all when newman leaves and becomes a force again.. and it will happen.. just like foreman.

and i am scared that we could put 10 million into the LB position this offseason and still not have highly productive LBs...

do good players overcome bad schemes? cause we definately dont seem to know how to use them.

/rant off.

kgun12
02-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Tatonka Part of it is bad schemes true enough, but the other part is a bad defensive line! Other teams are able to block our line one on one which frees the guard, tackle or TE to go after our LB's. That is way I Iam torn as to what our priority in free agency is LB or DL. Hopefully we can solve both. And yes Houstons DL is solid, not great but solid.

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 08:51 AM
i truely hope your right.. i just feel like there is more to it than that...

Pride
02-12-2003, 09:51 AM
I agree about the DL causing alot of problems. Sure Newman looked great when we had a 3-4 and when Big Ted and Big Pat were in. Hanson, Wash, and Williams, would tie up 4-5 OLmen total, which left 3 or 4 linebackers matched up on a TE, RB, or single OL. Those are great odds considering a RB or TE might only be able to "chip" a stunting LB.

In My Opinion, we need to either get Spikes, and a solid DT, or a GREAT DT/DE and an average LB. Dont think we can afford both.

venis2k1
02-12-2003, 10:40 AM
There arnt alot of Great DT's out there this year, I would think we wouldnt have a problem bringing in Spikes and Noble

JefftheBillsfan
02-12-2003, 03:00 PM
Did anyone else think that Newman had a great year when S.C. went down? Sure he didnt get to rush the passer, but it seemed to me he was all over the field making plays.