• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Dear Voters...

~The PC Times 7:25 am est.

I don't understand the results of the votes in the most recent poll for President. Even if you combine the 2nd & 3rd place, it doesn't even equal the 1st place numbers. Are the voters not reading enough threads? They must have missed the peanut gallery, a.k.a. (Debate # 2 Open Thread). Here is where you find better answers than what ANY of the candidates came up with, and ironically, they came from the 2nd & 3rd place supporters.

1) There could be a little side benefit to Zone outings for donations. Like when we paid the cover at Brunners, have an extra dollar or two go towards Zone donations.

2) There should be some incentive to giving for a whole year.

3) I also think donors could receive a newsletter with staff writings, whats new with the site and stuff like that.

4) There should be a top donor list as well

5) What about a lifetime membership?

6) The store discounts should be increased dramatically with membership, starting at 50% instead of 10%. Being able to change your avatar at a more reasonable zonebux $ amount is a bigger draw than a private forum

7) A donate button/link to the donor page with all the benefits listed should appear on every page, in the most visible location possible, not just select pages.

Now do you see why I don't understand the voting results? I'm not asking you to not vote for the front runner, I'm asking you to read a hell of a lot more, before you decide your final vote. This is also MY president that you are electing.

Thank You,
    ~The PC Times.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Dear Voters...

Valid points indeed

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

While I get the point of the article its important to note that simply because a voter doesnt vote for YOUR choice, doesnt make it the wrong choice.

Good points were made by all sides imo.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
        While I get the point of the article its important to note that simply because a voter doesnt vote for YOUR choice, doesnt make it the wrong choice.

Good points were made by all sides imo.
        Again...

I'm not asking you to not vote for the front runner, I'm asking you to read a hell of a lot more, before you decide your final vote.

Thanks!
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

So you simply disagree with the vote differential between the candidates? Which means people arent reading?

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I think the majority of voters are voting for Playa because he is "cool" and has the name Playa. They aren't actually paying attention to any of the issues.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

I understand why you would protest a fair and balanced article, Devin.

Could there be more broken election rules? Devin, do you happen to know a user named Reg?

ANY form of cheating is a disqualification, and pleading ignorance won't do any good. Voting with aliases, getting your 3rd cousin to come on and vote even though they haven't been here in years, getting someone to signup, etc. are all forbidden.

"Deb (formerly of NLS) and Devin invited me here."

If this is the Devin supporter of Playas team, good work rounding up voters. /sarcasm.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                  4) There should be a top donor list as well
                  The top donor is a FinFan.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

What an idiot he must be!

That should be enough to get that idea dropped from the presidential campaign

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                      What an idiot he must be!

That should be enough to get that idea dropped from the presidential campaign
                      hell of a nice guy though

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                        I understand why you would protest a fair and balanced article, Devin.

Could there be more broken election rules? Devin, do you happen to know a user named Reg?

ANY form of cheating is a disqualification, and pleading ignorance won't do any good. Voting with aliases, getting your 3rd cousin to come on and vote even though they haven't been here in years, getting someone to signup, etc. are all forbidden.

"Deb (formerly of NLS) and Devin invited me here."

If this is the Devin supporter of Playas team, good work rounding up voters. /sarcasm.

WTF I don't see a Reg vote. EEG and deb are from an affliate site.......you know to get more traffic. I specifically told Deb any new registrations from her site can't vote for us. I said if they voted for gunz or mbb you would be ok with it

Perhaps its time for you to retire.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          hell of a nice guy though
                          Perhaps I will meet him one day

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                            WTF I don't see a Reg vote. EEG and deb are from an affliate site.......you know to get more traffic. I specifically told Deb any new registrations from her site can't vote for us. I said if they voted for gunz or mbb you would be ok with it

Perhaps its time for you to retire.
                            I don't see his vote yet, I am watching for it though. I also don't see where you told Deb that. Maybe you should post a link instead of telling me to retire.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                              • May 2005

Seems pretty obvious to me that Playa/NBF sent all their voters to the polls immediately (keep in mind that initially polls were supposed to open today). They have very few votes different from the ones they had in the first primary at this point, they just voted first.

Comment

Working...
                              X