• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Bills Mafia prepared for life after Tremaine Edmunds

Tremaine Edmunds isn’t coming back to Orchard Park, NY — at least not any time soon. Reality sometimes stings, but Bills fans were fairly prepared to lose the team’s defensive quarterback of five seasons. Since his departure Brandon Beane has gone on record stating that no linebacker would be able to replace Edmunds, and hinted at the possibility that the team may have preferred moving in a different direction from the type of game Edmunds played as a huge MIKE.

A little less than half of those fans polled (47%) are concerned with how the team plans to move forward without Edmunds. That’s understandable if the team intends to march on with two primary linebackers while expecting the same sort of results minus Edmunds’ unique abilities.

NFL Reacts- Bills Mafia grades Buffalo’s 2023 draft, prepared to move on without Edmunds - Buffalo Rumblings

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Bills Mafia prepared for life after Tremaine Edmunds

Imho...3 lb's is the way to go to maximize available talent. Some of that talent is essentially fast big strong safeties good in coverage anyway. Oh for some defensive coaching creativity.....

Comment

• swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Dodson is a better LB than people give him credit for. Remember when Lorenzo Alexander showed up in Buffalo in 2016 as a little-known special teamer? We all lamented when he retired.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm not expecting much different without Frazier in all honesty, it's kind of obvious they think the scheme they have been using is good enough and their solution to getting drilled in the playoffs and by better teams every season is 'score more points'.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          Imho...3 lb's is the way to go to maximize available talent. Some of that talent is essentially fast big strong safeties good in coverage anyway. Oh for some defensive coaching creativity.....
          If we go three LB’s then who is covering the slot or TE? Milano is decent in zone coverage but the others aren’t. We load the box up but could have a significant liability in pass D without Johnson as the NB.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

They will run the 4-2-5. Taron Johnson is our slot corner. Milano, who is basically a hybrid safety playing the so called will position...and one more . Who that is will be determined in the summer. Might be a rotation. I have zero idea until they show something.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

And no, I do not miss Edmunds and his zero instincts at all.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• f8ta1ity54
                • May 2023

McDermott has rotated LBs in the past, and he'll probably do it again.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  And no, I do not miss Edmunds and his zero instincts at all.
                  His lack of TFL, lack of passes defended, lack of sacks & pressures. I’ll miss the dreds.

Comment

• Chet
                    Allenhu Joshbar
                    • Feb 2017

Yeah, zero instincts and zero “dog” in that guy. Just a massive physical specimen with the measurables to look the part, but thoroughly unremarkable. You could go chunks of every season without him jumping out on game film

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      If we go three LB’s then who is covering the slot or TE? Milano is decent in zone coverage but the others aren’t. We load the box up but could have a significant liability in pass D without Johnson as the NB.
                      Well....they drafted two more Milanos the past two years but faster...known for their coverage. If a cb remains the 3rd pseudo lb I don't get it. I think Milano...Dodson...Williams/Bernard should be able to cover a slot or Te in a zone ?

The liability is run D or scheming the guys you have if you choose this particular set of lb's.
                      Last edited by Mace; 05-12-2023, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Well....they drafted two more Milanos the past two years but faster...known for their coverage. If a cb remains the 3rd pseudo lb I don't get it. I think Milano...Dodson...Williams/Bernard should be able to cover a slot or Te in a zone ?

The liability is run D or scheming the guys you have if you choose this particular set of lb's.
                        I thought the report on Dodson coming out was stiff hips and slower than ideal reaction in zone coverage? Williams I know they have hope can fill that gap, but that's a big ask for rookie LB.

I don't think Bernard is even in the conversation at this point.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

The sad thing is if Williams or Bernard are the third LBer that's really not going to help much against the run.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Yup maybe one day.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              I'm not expecting much different without Frazier in all honesty, it's kind of obvious they think the scheme they have been using is good enough and their solution to getting drilled in the playoffs and by better teams every season is 'score more points'.
                              I disagree. If they were planning on keeping things the same, they would have just kept Frazier.

Comment

Working...
                              X