• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

List your favorite three picks of the 2024 draft in order and why

1.) Cole Bishop- boy has size, speed and instincts
    2.) Sedrick Van Pran-Granger- 1419 snaps with one sack. That’ll work.
    3.) Travis Clayton- the least likely to ever play a down out of this group but imagine the upside. Jordan Mailata part deux? We turned a chunky UDFA TE from Arkansas to an All-Pro LT so why not?
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: List your favorite three picks of the 2024 draft in order and why

Coleman - beast
    Bishop - wise
    Sedrick - need

That's it. Good thing you only wanted 3.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
      Coleman - beast
      Bishop - wise
      Sedrick - need

That's it. Good thing you only wanted 3.
      Ya any more than that in this one may be a bridge too far.

But I guess “we’ll only know for sure in three years” and maybe 5-6 turn out to be winners? At least we have that to keep us warm.

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
        Ya any more than that in this one may be a bridge too far.

But I guess “we’ll only know for sure in three years” and maybe 5-6 turn out to be winners? At least we have that to keep us warm.
        We actually drafted a guy who's never played a snap - like football is a video game like how the Gran Turismo kid rose to win an actual car race. What?

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

We actually drafted a guy who's never played a snap - like football is a video game like how the Gran Turismo kid rose to win an actual car race. What?
          I’m actually better with that lottery ticket than most of the rest.

At least there’s huge upside if it hits. If not who cares, it was only a seventh rounder.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Coleman is going to break all of Jerry Rice's records. You heard it here first!

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              Coleman is going to break all of Jerry Rice's records. You heard it here first!
              If I were a post clipping donkey I’d clip this post!

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I agree with Bishop and Granger, don't really have a third. I'll be rooting my ass for Coleman because I have to, though.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

1) Coleman WR
                  2) Bishop S
                  3) Davis RB

Would love a few more to surprise all of us in a good way .......... but it's a wait and see sorta thing.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Mad Max
                    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    I agree with Bishop and Granger, don't really have a third. I'll be rooting my ass for Coleman because I have to, though.
                    I hope we hit a homer with all of them. But my feeling is that when it’s all said and done there won’t be any superstars out of this group, rather mostly backups and role players (if we’re lucky). They played it safe with a bunch of guys that might have higher floors but limited ceilings as well. A bunch of older guys too at 23-24.

A draft “haul” of try-hards.

I hope I’m astonishingly off base.

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

The Flying Dutchman C could become something . Especially with the Irishman by his side

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        The Flying Dutchman C could become something . Especially with the Irishman by his side
                        If his skills match the length of his name we’ll be cooking.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

My "favorite three picks" are the first three the Bills made. All SOLID picks (at least form what we know today).

1. Keon Coleman is EXACTLY what this team and Josh Allen needs. No wonder that Josh said that Keon is who he wanted. Keon is going to catch a LOT of TD's and a LOT of critical passes in the Red Zone. His locker presence is 100% opposite of the whiny, diva Diggs.

2. Cole Bishop is another example of EXACTLY what the Bills need. Smart, fast with leadership qualities.

3. DeWayne Carter - another example of EXACTLY what the Bills need. Should be an immediate rotational DT behind Oliver.

A shout out to 4th round pick, Ray Davis. Every report is this kid plays angry. Sure looks like he will be a contributor immediately.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            My "favorite three picks" are the first three the Bills made. All SOLID picks (at least form what we know today).

1. Keon Coleman is EXACTLY what this team and Josh Allen needs. No wonder that Josh said that Keon is who he wanted. Keon is going to catch a LOT of TD's and a LOT of critical passes in the Red Zone. His locker presence is 100% opposite of the whiny, diva Diggs.

2. Cole Bishop is another example of EXACTLY what the Bills need. Smart, fast with leadership qualities.

3. DeWayne Carter - another example of EXACTLY what the Bills need. Should be an immediate rotational DT behind Oliver.

A shout out to 4th round pick, Ray Davis. Every report is this kid plays angry. Sure looks like he will be a contributor immediately.
                            Well I would not say that Coleman is exactly what Josh needs. The strengths and weaknesses of each player don't exactly mesh. Did you watch the Cover21 analysis of Coleman that was posted today?

Coleman doesn't create the seperation that you see in the best recievers, and Josh likes to throw to recievers who flash open where he rifles the ball to. I remember Josh's 1st preseason when nearly every pass was to a curl route or stop route, where the reciverss back was to the endzone. Josh has of course has progressed a lot but laying the ball up for contested catches, isn't what he does. And right now, contested catches is Coleman's strength. His weakness is route running and getting seperation. I'm not saying that he can't learn to do it, but as of now he's not exactly the type of reciever that Josh needs.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Well I would not say that Coleman is exactly what Josh needs. The strengths and weaknesses of each player don't exactly mesh. Did you watch the Cover21 analysis of Coleman that was posted today?

Coleman doesn't create the seperation that you see in the best recievers, and Josh likes to throw to recievers who flash open where he rifles the ball to. I remember Josh's 1st preseason when nearly every pass was to a curl route or stop route, where the reciverss back was to the endzone. Josh has of course has progressed a lot but laying the ball up for contested catches, isn't what he does. And right now, contested catches is Coleman's strength. His weakness is route running and getting seperation. I'm not saying that he can't learn to do it, but as of now he's not exactly the type of reciever that Josh needs.
                              You'll see when the season starts, and especially in the playoffs.

JOSH ALLEN certainly thinks that Colemen is exactly what he needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X