X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

If Orton gets injured...

God forbid, but if Orton got knocked out of the KC game in the first quarter and EJ came in the game and threw for 2 tds and 250 yds and looked great in a Bills win, would you start him again the next week even if Orton had fully recovered from his boo boo?

If that's not enough 3 tds and 350 yds? 4 tds and 450 yds?

Or would you put Orton back in no matter how great EJ played?
    My tebya razdavim
  • sudzy
    • Apr 2013

Re: If Orton gets injured...

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Or would you put Orton back in no matter how great EJ played?
    Yes

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

yep... if you buy that they are trying to groom EJ and teach him. even if he has a good game, long term, he's better of sitting the bench for the remainder of the year.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Bring in Holcomb.

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

Play both at the same time or alternate series.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
            • Dec 2008

The Bills have pegged Orton as a starter, and the results have been fantastic.

EJ performing well in spot duty like that would be the BEST possible scenario for the Bills, and would NOT mean EJ should start going forward. It would simply be a referendum on him "learning" from the bench, and would serve to reaffirm that he has the talent to be a top level quarterback, and just needs more grooming.

In actuality, I would feel 10x better if EJ somehow got a start at some point this season... say we were locked into the 5 seed... like Rob Johnson against the Colts... I want to see if he has learned anything, and can play a little more "free" now. Can't believe I'm about to say this, but the Bills QB situation looks about as healthy as it has since Kelly was backed up by Reich.

I hope... nay, I PRAY... that Whaley can handle this situation with the utmost care. Because we are sitting pretty. A veteran QB who EJ can learn from, and EJ Manuel as a backup. A guy that can come in, look good, and potentially net us a super high draft pick in 2-3 years.

I said it the second we plugged Orton in, and stand by it: this season has championship potential. Our 3-1 record, steady offense, dominant defense, and flawless special teams since the switch have done nothing to dissuade me from that notion. We might not win the division, but defense travels, and we look like the 2007 Giants. I would not want to be the Bengals, and hosting this Bills team in round 1.

I would not want to be the Patriots, and playing this Bills defense for a THIRD time in round 2.

And I would not want to be the old, cold Peyton Manning, staring down the teeth of our defense in a blizzard to get to the Super Bowl in Denver in round 3.

We have the defense, the matchups, and the story line to have a Cinderella season.

I just wish guys like Fletch would stop trying to prove a point, and just enjoy the ride. If there was ever a season to sit back and enjoy the ride, this is it. If the Bills win the Super Bowl this year, do you really want to be the guy who spent 17 weeks, 4 rounds of the playoffs, and countless hours of your free times trying to poke holes in the championship balloon?

Is it crazy? IDK, you tell me. It's 2014: in the NFL, the objective is MAKE THE TOURNAMENT. After that, it's anyone's game.

Right now, we'd be in.

LETS GO BILLS.

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

Somehow WE ALL KNOW that the original poster is trying to bait us and turn this into another in a long line of JP Losman threads.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Somehow WE ALL KNOW that the original poster is trying to bait us and turn this into another in a long line of JP Losman threads.
                Truth.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

NOOOO!!... Skooby owes me $50K if EJ doesn't miss a game due to injury. Let him stay on the bench please.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I think the relationship, respect and expectations that Orton has developed with the team in such a short period of time would negate that as a possibility. These guys on both sides of the ball believe in Orton right now a lot more than they believe in EJ and one game isn't going to change that.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      If that's not enough 3 tds and 350 yds? 4 tds and 450 yds?
                      There is no such IF. No way it happens.

Tell you what, IF he gets to 7 tds and 700 yards then I promise to immediately put him in the hall of fame. Sounds fair?

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        JP Losman is the content not the lesson.

This is the lesson:
                        Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        I think the relationship, respect and expectations that Orton has developed with the team in such a short period of time would negate that as a possibility. These guys on both sides of the ball believe in Orton right now a lot more than they believe in EJ and one game isn't going to change that.
                        Go back to EJ and the team would quit. Like they did the last time (and every time before that) an unworthy QB was handed the starting job.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                          chop chop
                          • Jun 2003

Good responses in this thread so far. EJ plays neutered and would kill the team's motivation. He's just a black hole.
                          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                            JP Losman is the content not the lesson.

This is the lesson:

Go back to EJ and the team would quit. Like they did the last time (and every time before that) an unworthy QB was handed the starting job.
                            Spartacus, is that you?

Comment

• sukie
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                              NOOOO!!... Skooby owes me $50K if EJ doesn't miss a game due to injury. Let him stay on the bench please.
                              Does a s[linter in the left butt cheek count as an injury?

Comment

Working...
                              X