• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

That sucked

I'm not going to start a fire this person or trade that person or this player has to go post.

I just want to state what others have probably said already: I'm very disappointed in the last two games of the season. They were, to paraphrase Sully, an offense that wasn't ready to win a Super Bowl. Or a defense for that matter.

I know the Hamlin incident is very hard to recover from, so I will give them that. They haven't been the same since he went down. PTSD is very real. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt no matter how hard it was to watch that game yesterday.

I have Bill-ieved for years, as many of us have, and will continue to do so, but that's a real crappy way to end the season.

When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: That sucked

Originally posted by northernbillfan View Post
    I'm not going to start a fire this person or trade that person or this player has to go post.

I just want to state what others have probably said already: I'm very disappointed in the last two games of the season. They were, to paraphrase Sully, an offense that wasn't ready to win a Super Bowl. Or a defense for that matter.

I know the Hamlin incident is very hard to recover from, so I will give them that. They haven't been the same since he went down. PTSD is very real. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt no matter how hard it was to watch that game yesterday.

I have Bill-ieved for years, as many of us have, and will continue to do so, but that's a real crappy way to end the season.

I guess the biggest thing I can't understand, is how they came out so flat, uninspired and lost in a home, divisional round, playoff game with Hamlin in attendance, I mean if you have to go out, go out fighting.

Maybe next year, again.

Comment

• sahlensguy
      • Mar 2015

PTSD will be a problem until McD is no longer here, imho.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        I guess the biggest thing I can't understand, is how they came out so flat, uninspired and lost in a home, divisional round, playoff game with Hamlin in attendance, I mean if you have to go out, go out fighting.

Maybe next year, again.
        That's what hurts the most
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• swiper
          • Sep 2010

Maybe next year, again.
          Roger Saffold says they were just tired.

Rodger Saffold on Bills loss: You almost run out of gas at some point

What are you getting paid for again?

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Milano said there was no energy, no juice no momentum.

Well, it's over. It is what it is.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
              Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
              • Nov 2012

"It Is What It Is" track 1 from the CD "Crazier Than Hell"http://www.johntrudell.com/

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Milano said there was no energy, no juice no momentum.

Well, it's over. It is what it is.
                and it stings like hell. They let their fans down.

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                  Roger Saffold says they were just tired.

Rodger Saffold on Bills loss: You almost run out of gas at some point

What are you getting paid for again?

Saffold is one of the worst lineman ive seen the bills have in a while. Bobby Hart played better than him in the recent past
                  Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Prov401
                    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                    • Aug 2008

You can tell from the start that we didn't come to play. Cincinnati came to play. Our lines were thoroughly handled. Frazier's defense is so played out. Losing Daboll turned out to have a major impact on the offense. Things need to change and it starts with the coordinators.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Maybe next year, again.
                      I said before the game, at some point emotions become distractions and the Bills with all that happened to them and around them allowed that to happen. It’s McDermott’s job to keep the guys focused and on point.

This is another reason I don’t like the whole “brotherhood” culture nonsense. You shouldn’t need to manipulate emotional responses to motivate. It lessens your ability to control emotions when needed.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

It was just disheartening to watch most of the team just go through the motions. Davis looked uninterested, the Entire Defense looked uninspired, Poyer missed about 10 tackles, Tre was absolutely useless.

Guys you expect to step up in the biggest games of the year, didn't. They faded. They folded. They looked like guys who didn't really care. There was next to zero emotion. I don't know what happened pregame, or leading up to the game, but something did. You don't just all of the sudden show up looking like that. Yes they've had bad starts to games before, but they've never just given up like that.

Comment

• Kenny
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan View Post
                          So first off... 100% agree with this.
                          But honest question, did the performance really surprise anyone after every single game they've played since the bye week?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                            So first off... 100% agree with this.
                            But honest question, did the performance really surprise anyone after every single game they've played since the bye week?
                            Yes. Sunday wasn't about mistakes, it was about lack of trying. Lack of effort. Lack of emotion. Lack of energy.

You are at home, what you work for all season, in front of an electric crowd, and you come out looking like you'd rather be anywhere else. They haven't looked like that all season.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

We were supposed to play Jacksonville.

KC was supposed to play Baltimore.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X