• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Move Up .... Move Down or Stand Pat

I get the feeling we'll move up for a WR .... if we can get a few we like to drop outside the top 12-15 picks.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Move Up .... Move Down or Stand Pat

I'm certain we're going to do one of those 3 things

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

can an admin attach a poll please.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

I always like the idea of moving down to add day 2 picks.

I have a feeling Beane will use the Texans 2025 pick to move up for his receiver.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
          I always like the idea of moving down to add day 2 picks.

I have a feeling Beane will use the Texans 2025 pick to move up for his receiver.
          That pick we get from the Texans is of course the pick the Vikings traded to them ..... basically a late 1st if the Vikings season goes as expected.

If that avoids giving our 1st next year I'd be for it.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

If you’re not going after a franchise QB, I don’t like moving up, the risk reward is too much. I would love to see the Bills go to the Carolina’s or Washington’s who have multiple 2nd’s and move back and get an extra 2nd and a 3rd this year.
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
              If you’re not going after a franchise QB, I don’t like moving up, the risk reward is too much. I would love to see the Bills go to the Carolina’s or Washington’s who have multiple 2nd’s and move back and get an extra 2nd and a 3rd this year.
              I’ve stated my preference for a trade down, the value chart looks like just that our first for someone’s second and third.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                I’ve stated my preference for a trade down, the value chart looks like just that our first for someone’s second and third.
                Yeah the Bills would gain another 2nd and a 3rd and the would have to sprinkle in a couple late round pick.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

I have a strong suspicion that Beane does not know if he's going to "move up....move down or stand pat" until the draft actually starts and players are taken off the board.

Any trade, up or down, depends so much on what trades are possible.

I'm make this solid prediction, the Bills will either move up....move down or stand pat.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                    I have a strong suspicion that Beane does not know if he's going to "move up....move down or stand pat" until the draft actually starts and players are taken off the board.

I'm make this solid prediction, the Bills will either move up....move down or stand pat.
                    You would think that there is a playbook being developed that takes into account a multitude of scenarios involving the players they have on their board.

What we have seen in the past is Beane targeting a guy and going after them. That's his MO so far but that's not to say moving down is out of the realm of possibility.

I would be curious to know if a team has developed a more sophisticated mock draft AI. That would be fun to work on.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

You would think that there is a playbook being developed that takes into account a multitude of scenarios involving the players they have on their board.

What we have seen in the past is Beane targeting a guy and going after them. That's his MO so far but that's not to say moving down is out of the realm of possibility.

I would be curious to know if a team has developed a more sophisticated mock draft AI. That would be fun to work on.
                      To be clear, those of us who are proponents of a trade down are just thinking wishfully.

We all know BBB doesn’t roll that way. If I were to bet on it I’d lay odds of a trade UP of better than 60%.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by notacon View Post

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                          To be clear, those of us who are proponents of a trade down are just thinking wishfully.

We all know BBB doesn’t roll that way. If I were to bet on it I’d lay odds of a trade UP of better than 60%.
                          At least.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                            It will take a will of steel for Beane to hold his horses.

Love the extra 2nd and a 3rd.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Oh yeah...I do not think there is any doubt that each team conducts several mock drafts....over and over and over again.

Of course the huge difference is that each team has a LOT of information about each player. More than any of us can ever dram of.

Comment

Working...
                              X