Allenhu Joshbar
    • Feb 2017

D Hop released

Per Twitter just now
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: D Hop released

With that nasty contract out of the way, let's make this happen.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Might still want a nasty contract. We'll see.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

According to Hopkins interview, he said he would like to play with Allen, Hurts, Mahomes, Jackson, Herbert. Of those, which team does not have an established #1 receiver? Chiefs and Ravens.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Come to buffalo

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
            According to Hopkins interview, he said he would like to play with Allen, Hurts, Mahomes, Jackson, Herbert. Of those, which team does not have an established #1 receiver? Chiefs and Ravens.
            I could be wrong but I believe the Ravens have more cap space than the Chiefs.
            Last edited by JoeMama; 05-26-2023, 12:33 PM.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

I felt that this was going to happen, but expected it to be a Post-June 1 cut. Cardinals just ate up a huge cap hit for this year, but seemingly had no choice.

If Beane can fit the contract in the books, IMO Hopkins is a MUST sign. We aren't any closer to the Super Bowl than we were last year, and IMO the Chiefs and Bengals are still a notch above Buffalo at this point. We have a WR1 in Diggs, and a bunch of WR3s who don't strike much fear into our opponents.

I don't care that Mahomes doesn't have a WR1. He's proven (so far) to be a better QB than Allen, he has a better offensive line, and a much better offensive mind in Andy Reid. Mahomes also has a hall of fame TE in Travis Kelce, who will go down in history as the one of the top 5 TEs to ever play.

Meanwhile, Joe Burrow has two WRs that would be "WR1s" on most other teams.

DHopkins coming to Buffalo would change the dynamic of this offense and put us in serious Super Bowl contention. Beane will have to mortgage the future a bit to do it, but it is worth it.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Hopkins is 30, and in recent years, is injury prone. The other factor is whether a team has already paid their #1 receiver, because it is not realistic to have a $45 million QB and 2 $25 million receivers on the same team for any lengthy period of time.

When the Bills signed Deonte Harty, McKenzie said himself he was livid right away. Imagine now with Diggs. The only way I see it happen for the Bills is that everyone, including Hopkins, realizes that he's no longer the lead dog in the WR room and he is willing to take a back seat on a prove-it deal.

Comment

• sukie
                  • Sep 2012

Ravens signed OBJ.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

Letting Hopkins sign with KC (or Baltimore) would be a huge mistake. Mahomes with Hopkins and Kelce? Might as well run the tape on the 2007 Patriots.

Obviously, I am not saying we should sign Hopkins for $20 million plus a year, but I think he can be had for much less than that. Hopkins has made many comments about his admiration for Josh Allen, and the Von Miller effect is highly apparent.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Hopkins is 30, and in recent years, is injury prone. The other factor is whether a team has already paid their #1 receiver, because it is not realistic to have a $45 million QB and 2 $25 million receivers on the same team for any lengthy period of time.

When the Bills signed Deonte Harty, McKenzie said himself he was livid right away. Imagine now with Diggs. The only way I see it happen for the Bills is that everyone, including Hopkins, realizes that he's no longer the lead dog in the WR room and he is willing to take a back seat on a prove-it deal.
                      I will actually say it would be the opposite situation with Diggs. I think he would be thrilled...

Diggs is upset about losing year after year. Teams can laser focus on Diggs and take him out of the game (e.g Bengals), and last year we weren't able to overcome that.

The last time we had real WR2 production was the Bills-KC playoff game, when Gabe Davis went off for 4 TDs. That's what this offense could look like with DHop and Diggs as WR1a and WR1b. Diggs has always loved his fellow WRs, and even campaigned for Cole Beasley to come back a few weeks ago. He wants to win.

Signing DHopkins would make life easier for Diggs, if you ask me.

Comment

• Chet
                        Allenhu Joshbar
                        • Feb 2017

It depends on how he prioritizes the big 3:

1. Money - not sure, but I think Ravens have the advantage there
                        2. Touches - Although he would instantly be the undisputed #1 on BAL, he’d be playing with the weakest of the 3 QBs. He would also probably be the #1 wideout on KC, but likely second in receiving targets to Kelce. On Buffalo, his floor would be the #2.
                        3. Winning - KC all the way. Chiefs went 17-3 last year with the Burger King B shift at WR. Mahomes is the game’s best winner, Reid is the best and most creative offensive mind, etc.

Buffalo can only best the competition (as they currently stand) in “maybe” touches, but Diggs would have to be all-in on the recruiting pitch and I’m having a hard time seeing that. Hope I’m wrong
                        Last edited by Chet; 05-26-2023, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Chet
                          Allenhu Joshbar
                          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
                          I will actually say it would be the opposite situation with Diggs. I think he would be thrilled...

Diggs is upset about losing year after year. Teams can laser focus on Diggs and take him out of the game (e.g Bengals), and last year we weren't able to overcome that.

The last time we had real WR2 production was the Bills-KC playoff game, when Gabe Davis went off for 4 TDs. That's what this offense could look like with DHop and Diggs as WR1a and WR1b. Diggs has always loved his fellow WRs, and even campaigned for Cole Beasley to come back a few weeks ago. He wants to win.

Signing DHopkins would make life easier for Diggs, if you ask me.
                          I hope you are right, that would show he shares the same frustrations and is all about the Ws. I can live with that kind of passion if his heart is in the right place

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

How much money is Arizona on the hook for? What's he already getting paid?
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• sukie
                              • Sep 2012

Diggs and Hopkins are friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘