X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Losman starts over

My how times have changed for J.P. Losman.

A year ago at this time, the Buffalo Bills quarterback was set to take over as the starter. At just 24, Losman was stepping into one of the most high-profile jobs in Western New York.

But after a 2005 season that saw Buffalo go 5-11 and Losman struggle as the starter, the franchise went through a major reorganization.
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Losman starts over

Originally posted by The_Philster
    My how times have changed for J.P. Losman.

A year ago at this time, the Buffalo Bills quarterback was set to take over as the starter. At just 24, Losman was stepping into one of the most high-profile jobs in Western New York.

But after a 2005 season that saw Buffalo go 5-11 and Losman struggle as the starter, the franchise went through a major reorganization.
    more
    Competition, competition, competition. Now Marv and DJ....Apply that to your veterans that have skipped OTA's. They shouldn't be starters when July camp starts. Those who have been here and learning the system should have every chance to start.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
      Competition, competition, competition. Now Marv and DJ....Apply that to your veterans that have skipped OTA's. They shouldn't be starters when July camp starts. Those who have been here and learning the system should have every chance to start.
      Are you confused? Your post is self contradictory.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Are you confused? Your post is self contradictory.
        No but comprehension seems to be a lacking trait for you. Those here start, those skiping camp dont regardless of tenure or pay.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

No but comprehension seems to be a lacking trait for you. Those here start, those skiping camp dont regardless of tenure or pay.
          It's a voluntary camp. Do you even know what that means? You want the coaches to decide on players based on a camp that's voluntary? That's pretty stupid.

Yes, there will be competition but in case you missed it, there are still other camps in the future but you don't bench them because they aren't here for VOLUNTARY camp. It's at those camps that matters the most. They will compete but they shouldn't be benched like YOU say.

The bills aren't the only team with missing vets whether or not there is a new system.

I don't know how things are being ran in your highschool camp but rest assured it isn't the way things are ran in the NFL.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• tat2dmike77
            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
            • Dec 2005

Don't argue with ICE he knows all and sees all he is even watching you right now

Well if he EARNS the job then fine if not then he can sit his ass on the bench and watch.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
              Don't argue with ICE he knows all and sees all he is even watching you right now

Well if he EARNS the job then fine if not then he can sit his ass on the bench and watch.
              If players were to be benched right now because they weren't at voluntary camp , then they should call it a mandatroy camp. I know my english is bad but I know the difference between madatory and voluntary.

BY ice's stupid logic, the packers should bench Farve.
              Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-28-2006, 01:08 PM.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                • Dec 2005

I agree Justa.

This is not a huge deal. This happens every year players want to work out at home or with other players. They still have 2 months of training camp to get to.

The logic makes no sense. So because some rookie or 2nd string guy shows up to all the camps he should be handed the starting job cause he showed up to camps. That makes no sense either. Thats why they have training camp to prove yourself. Thats why they play those meaningless preseason games.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Actually, if I were a coach, participants at a voluntary camp would win major points. Showing up when you don't have to is a measure of character and commitment to the team. And of course, the earlier you pick up a new system and the more you practice it, the more advantageous it is.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                    Actually, if I were a coach, participants at a voluntary camp would win major points. .
                    that's it. All they get is good graces from the coach but if inspite of being there, if they don't beat out the ones that weren't there they shouldn't start either.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Ice these are VOLUNTARTY OTAs. They dont have to be there dude. Yes it is nice if everyone shows up but no team has Every guy show up EVER! When Mini Camp opens and someone doesnt show up its a different story.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

It's a voluntary camp. Do you even know what that means? You want the coaches to decide on players based on a camp that's voluntary? That's pretty stupid.

Yes they are voluntary, yes they can't make them be here. But YES coaches DO Change starters based on who attends. I'm sorry you don't have the ability to comprehend why.

Yes, there will be competition but in case you missed it, there are still other camps in the future but you don't bench them because they aren't here for VOLUNTARY camp. It's at those camps that matters the most. They will compete but they shouldn't be benched like YOU say.

Yes you do and yes coaching staffs do. You dont' automatically GIVE someone a position. If you have a guy that has been here all season he should start over a guy not here.

The bills aren't the only team with missing vets whether or not there is a new system.

And you think I give a **** what other teams do or dont do why? BTW...if all of our guys were here busting ass, wouldn't that possibly make us better and ahead in the game of those other teams? What a concept.

I don't know how things are being ran in your highschool camp but rest assured it isn't the way things are ran in the NFL.

Well when I coached in College the kids got together on their own and wanted to work on what we did so they could be successful. BTW my guys are getting ready to attend a 'voluntary' camp June 5th though August 5th. So far we have had 97% of our kids already on the team (not counting incoming freshmen) that have already paid for the camp. Its called a desire to win vs being an over paid, selfish *****.
                        Post edited due to a violation of the ToS. ~Cntrygal
                        Last edited by Cntrygal; 05-29-2006, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

that's it. All they get is good graces from the coach but if inspite of being there, if they don't beat out the ones that weren't there they shouldn't start either.
                          And they automatically start over those not there. 1 player works his ass off all offseason with you. Another player (aka current starter doesnt) You start the guy that has been here.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                            Ice these are VOLUNTARTY OTAs. They dont have to be there dude. Yes it is nice if everyone shows up but no team has Every guy show up EVER! When Mini Camp opens and someone doesnt show up its a different story.
                            I will say again, they dont' start. its that simple. If you have a DT that has been here all offseason learning the new system, working with the Strength coach and busting his ass, he starts. The current starter now is a backup regardless of pay.

Yeah there is a CBA that allows these punks to go sit on a beach and get lazy and fat. Tough ****! Last time I checked you play the most prepared players so you can WIN.

Post edited due to a violation of the ToS. ~Cntrygal
                            Last edited by Cntrygal; 05-29-2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

And they automatically start over those not there. 1 player works his ass off all offseason with you. Another player (aka current starter doesnt) You start the guy that has been here.
                              explain why Bruce Smith was always the starter at RDE when he regularly sat out of OTAs and training camp, then.
                              Believe me, ICE...I agree that it's a bad thing that these guys aren't here...but it won't by any means lock them out of their starting spots. Those will be determined by how they perform in training camp and the preseason games. Some current starters will still show themselves to be more solid players in the new systems even with less practice/learning time than those who were here all the time.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X