Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rookie Draft Peanut Gallery

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Rookie Draft Peanut Gallery

Hard to say when Joseph will contribute with Tampa. He's too small to play Tackle, and their guards are already pretty solid.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

somebody wake me up when we hit the 4th round.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They must not like their guards that much or they wouldn't have spent a 1st round pick on him.

I would still like to pick up a guard until he's ready though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I like the Joseph pick. In another sim league I'm in, I traded back up into the first round to get him. I have Chris Snee as one of my starters, but a fading Edwin Mulitalo as the other, so I'm glad I can put Joseph next to my starting LT, Walter Jones, next season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by R. Rich
    I like the Joseph pick. In another sim league I'm in, I traded back up into the first round to get him. I have Chris Snee as one of my starters, but a fading Edwin Mulitalo as the other, so I'm glad I can put Joseph next to my starting LT, Walter Jones, next season.
    Your future line is going to be awesome!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If my combo of Ferguson and Joseph work out I will have them on one side and Gross and Steinbach on the other. I still need a Center though. It has the possibilities of being a great line.

My goal was to fix my line in this draft and I hope they will be the answer. I have a ton of stars on offense but a few holes on the line. If they are now fixed this will be a dominant offense.

I wanted to take care of the line and then my offense will mostly be set and young everywhere. A unit I could keep around for some time. Then I can just focus on fixing the holes on my defense next year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    Your future line is going to be awesome!
    Maybe, if Joseph is what I think he is, and if Jake Grove can become the center everyone thinks he can be, and if Alex Barron continues to improve (he was pretty good as a rookie last season).

That's a lotta "if's", though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21
    If my combo of Ferguson and Joseph work out I will have them on one side and Gross and Steinbach on the other. I still need a Center though. It has the possibilities of being a great line.

My goal was to fix my line in this draft and I hope they will be the answer. I have a ton of stars on offense but a few holes on the line. If they are now fixed this will be a dominant offense.

I wanted to take care of the line and then my offense will mostly be set and young everywhere. A unit I could keep around for some time. Then I can just focus on fixing the holes on my defense next year.

You have the right idea: get better up front. I started both of the sim teams I have by drafting a left tackle first: Ogden here, and Walter Jones in my other league. That tells you how important I think the lines are.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ally's going to miss her pick. If she had to go to work or something, I hope she gave someone a list to use.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You have the right idea: get better up front. I started both of the sim teams I have by drafting a left tackle first: Ogden here, and Walter Jones in my other league. That tells you how important I think the lines are.
    I didn't really have a choice though,lol

Gross and Steinbach are blue chips at 8's

After that I had nobody. My Center and other guard are old and 5.5's.

Clifton who I drafted just for this year is old and a 6.5. I drafted Kwame Harris(5) at 2m in hopes that he would pan out in San Fran. because I never expected Ferguson to be around when I drafted. He may pan out but I couldn't pass up Ferguson.

Good OL don't come around often. People just don't get rid of them. I knew I would have to do it through the draft. And with the amount my other players are making I couldn't afford a big salary for them. I was happy to get both of these guys.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You did great by getting them. I was glad to get Justice in the 2nd round, after having to pass on the guy I wanted almost for an entire year in Ferguson. In the end, I couldn't pass up the chance to not only get a talent like Super Mario, but to upgrade my defensive line, which isn't as deep as my offensive line.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You did great by getting them. I was glad to get Justice in the 2nd round, after having to pass on the guy I wanted almost for an entire year in Ferguson. In the end, I couldn't pass up the chance to not only get a talent like Super Mario, but to upgrade my defensive line, which isn't as deep as my offensive line.
    Your OL is set. You didn't need one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21
    Your OL is set. You didn't need one.
    Not set, but getting there. I'd be happier if Matt Birk wasn't in IR this year, so that I'd have an 8 in the middle instead of a 5.5, but oh well.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tampa loves his 1st days selections. Mainly dealing with the Defensive side of the Ball we also took the #1 TE in the draft in VERNON DAVIS........To rap up the day we got---AJ HAWK-------JASON ALLEN S/CB-------and TAMBA HALI-----Overall we are happy with our draft in the 1st day...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm okay w/ mine for now. I needed to get better along both the offensive and defensive lines, and I think I've done a decent job of that, getting Super Mario for my DL while getting Winston Justice and now Max Jean-Gilles for my offensive line. Plus, I was able to get a deep threat @ WR in Chad Jackson and a pretty good prospect @ corner in Antonio Cromartie.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I am so/so with my picks. I got my guy in Nick Mangold, Got the CB I wanted in Jimmy Williams. But I thought a few guys would be around that were not in the 3rd. So D'Qwell Jackson was kind of settling for me, hopefully I can make up for it in the 4th.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and if Jake Grove can become the center everyone thinks he can be,

I am sure hoping so, that is the only reason I held on to him.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I like my draft so far...solid prospects.

Huff, Bunkley and Williams...all could be starters for years.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    I am so/so with my picks. I got my guy in Nick Mangold, Got the CB I wanted in Jimmy Williams. But I thought a few guys would be around that were not in the 3rd. So D'Qwell Jackson was kind of settling for me, hopefully I can make up for it in the 4th.
    Nothing wrong w/ Jackson. He is who I probably would've taken if you hadn't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ryjam282
    I am sure hoping so, that is the only reason I held on to him.
    Yeah. If only I was able to get him in the BZFL, too. I could use a young guy to eventually replace Matt Birk. Stepanovich is okay as a stopgap measure, but I think I might be able to upgrade a bit next offseason.