X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

Rookie Draft Peanut Gallery

Discuss the goings on of the rookie draft here. Now.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Rookie Draft Peanut Gallery

This has worked out wonderful for me. Both players I targeted are still there. I never thought that was gonna happen.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

What a suprise, Rich took a DE.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

I had D'Brickashaw Ferguson on my short list for quite a while, but in the end, I had to do what was best for my team. My starting DEs are a 6 and a 9, and the depth behind them is suspect. I already have a couple of 8 offensive tackles starting, one of whom I think will be rated even higher next season. My depth on the OL is much better than my depth on the DL, so I made the tough choice to go DE instead of OT.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

You can't go wrong either way. What # did you draft last year Rich I forget.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

I am thrilled to get Ferguson here. I thought for sure the Top 3 would go Bush, Williams and Ferguson. The Wookies major curveball landed me Ferguson.

I thought for sure I would be drafting AJ Hawk today. Which I wouldn't have been upset about but it's much harder to find a franchise Tackle then it is a LB. Considering I don't have crap for other Tackle spot I can't be any happier about what transpired today. I can address LB later on. This is a very deep draft for LB.

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              I am thrilled to get Ferguson here. I thought for sure the Top 3 would go Bush, Williams and Ferguson. The Wookies major curveball landed me Ferguson.

I thought for sure I would be drafting AJ Hawk today. Which I wouldn't have been upset about but it's much harder to find a franchise Tackle then it is a LB. Considering I don't have crap for other Tackle spot I can't be any happier about what transpired today. I can address LB later on. This is a very deep draft for LB.
              Thats who I would have picked for but I am happy with Vernon Davis and AJ HAwk
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• R. Rich
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                You can't go wrong either way. What # did you draft last year Rich I forget.
                Same exact spot: 2nd, where I took LB Derrick Johnson.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

I was hoping to land Davis at 10. But that was just a pipe dream.
                  It was all

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                    I was hoping to land Davis at 10. But that was just a pipe dream.
                    I know he is the only guy to throw to in San Fran so I couldnt pass him up
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Ferguson better not end up the next Mike Williams. LOL

Comment

• DrForbes
                        • Dec 2005

I don't like Lienhart as a pro as much as I like the other two QBs but, from a fantasy point of view and the team he is on I think he was the best choice.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

considering NE has Alex Smith I think it was necessary
                          It was all

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

Who wants the 11th pick in the 1st round will look for a late 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder...
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

So far, there haven't been too many surprises w/ this draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X