Thread: NY not the same team from 2005

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NY not the same team from 2005

With two drafts complete the NY team with a new name now has a very different look than last years team. Can we say slash, trash and burn to turn around a very old and useless roster. On paper the Quicksilver may be sending out on the field the weakest line up on paper for the 2006 season, but the team is young and willing to take on the giants of the league. That kind of attitude can win a lot of games.

No one will recognize the new line up. There were many salary cap moves to free up money and get the team younger. There were 3 units to keep most of their starters. Linebacker, DL and OL will see no or small changes. Some of the good is having D. Culpepper at QB instead of J. Harrington. While Dante may take time to recover from injuries the future is bright. Addiing D. Jackson and M. Clayton to the wide reciever position will help as well if they can reach their potential. We feel the future is brighter for these two positions.

Some of the salary cap moves included moving E. James RB, S. Madison CB, P. Surtain CB. these are three players we are sad to see go but it allowed us to to free up some money and get younger. Their replacements respectfully include T. Bell RB and JJ Arrington RB, L. Bodden CB and Marlon Jackson CB.
    We will be starting two new safeties as well. Many of the back ups picked up this year were not about their present rating as much as the "hoped for future" in the NFL. For NY to be successful in the coming years some of these players are going to need to reach higher heights of success.

With the rookie draft the team found that any postion drafted was going to fill a need. So with that in mind here is the list:

1) H. Ngata DT - love the kids motor on a defense that traditional has been strong
    2) Addai RB - Was not expected to be drafted but love the kids potential. he's on a very good offense and the GM has done a great job in the past drafting RBs
    3) R. McIntosh LB - Again a high motor kid on a very good defensive team
    4) J. Cutler QB - Another unexpected pick but was the highest rated player on our draft board. (It was close between him and the DE from the giants)
    5) D. Dvoracek DT - He probably dropped due to his alcohol related problems. If he's past them we have a 1st round talent again on a very good defensive team.
    6) J. Norwood RB - We like the kids potential and are predicting he will be the starter in Atlanta not to distant in the future (2007)
    7) B. Coafield DT - the third DT drafted was a value pick. While Cofield is a solid prospect, what makes him most attractive is the giants are thin at the position and they have one heck of DL coach. The guy has worked wonders with journey man.
    8) B. Marshall WR has everything Denver looks for in a WR - we hope their expectations are met.
    9) A. Jennings WR is a speed demon and has the potential that you like a late round pick. He can at the very least be a solid RS for our team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NY not the same team from 2005

Wow I didnt realize you had that kind of draft! Very well done! 3 1st rounders in your first 4 picks.

Well done!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

nice job rebuilding

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Playa
    nice job rebuilding
    I have a feeling I have a ways to go.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

IMO Ngata is the best defensive player in the draft so I really like that pick. Addai is very versatile and has a chance to start right out of the gate. McIntosh I like and apparently the Redskins really love him. Cutler I thought is the best QB in the draft but for me I don't take QBs early in the drafts or heck don't even really like taking them at all. Too much risk if the guy doesn't play to carry a 3rd stringer with a $1m-$500k price tag imo. Thought the running back from MSU would have been gone so definitely a nice pickup. Was 1 of the options I was looking at until you took him. Very good draft.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick