Thread: Bushwhackers Draft Recap

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bushwhackers Draft Recap

1st pick (5th overall in round 2)-- Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State. WR is a major need for this team, and Holmes is arguably the best in the 2006 draft class. The Bush are very excited to have him in the team colours of Brown and Black.

2nd pick (5th overall round 3)--- Marcus McNeill, OT. Bushwhackers' GM Ron Jeremy was extatic that Marcus was available here. He has the capability to step in as a starting tackle in 2 years.

3rd pick (7th pick in round 4)---- Rashad Butler, OT. Another OT prospect for the Bush, a position they are thin at. Butler, like McNeill, could contribute in 2 years.

4th pick (7th pick in round 5)---- Darnell Bing, S. This might be the sleeper pick of the Bush's draft. Bing is a big play Safety, who has tremendous upside. His character has been questioned in the past, but GM Ron Jeremy didn't seem worried about it. "As long as he's ready to give it all to the Bush, that's all that matters."

5th pick (16th pick in round 5)---- Rodrique Wright, DT. Great value at this point in the draft. Big play DT who should push for a starting job in 2007.

6th pick (7th pick in round 6)---- Ryan O'Callaghan, OT. Possibly a bit of a reach here. He's a mammoth OT, but his speed and mobility are questionable. A very good straight ahead blocker, but needs to work on his foot work. GM Jeremy could've done better here.

7th pick (7th pick in round 7) Jason Avant, WR. With their final pick in the draft, the Bush get a WR who is a bit of a Jekyl-Hyde. He could flourish, or he could end up being cut in camp. We'll see.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bushwhackers Draft Recap

Mr. Bing I hear is being tried at LB which scared me away from him. I do like your draft though. I find the Pitt is very good at developing WR. They seem to have a lot of success; Ward, Burress, Randle EL, etc..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bushwhackers Draft Recap

Quote Originally Posted by DrForbes
    Mr. Bing I hear is being tried at LB which scared me away from him. I do like your draft though. I find the Pitt is very good at developing WR. They seem to have a lot of success; Ward, Burress, Randle EL, etc..
    Same thing I heard on Bing. I liked Simpson more then Bing before I heard about the move so with the move it's a risky pick. I kinda like your draft. You did a solid job without a 1st round pick but I'm not a Holmes fan at all and not a fan of Butler either. McNeil was a nice pick and so was Wright and the Cal tackle. Bing I talked about and Avant is a chance worth taking late.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick