• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

ST team rankings: Returns lead Bills to second

2. Buffalo Bills
    Kicking
    Rian Lindell performed admirably for the Bills and fantasy owners last season. He converted 83 percent of his kicks (29-of-35), including 10-of-13 from 40 yards or longer. Punter Brian Moorman was second in the NFL with a strong 39.1 net punting average. Moorman pinned opponents inside the 20 on 31 percent of his kicks.

Returns
    The Bills received a boost from the strong return game. Terrence McGee led the NFL with a return average of 30.2 yards on 46 returns. Nate Clements will battle second-year receiver Roscoe Parrish for the role of punt returner this season. As a team, the Bills returned only 28 punts last year, but did average 10 yards per return.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: ST team rankings: Returns lead Bills to second

Since Clements is franchised and might not be here, I make him return punts. Screw it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Great thinking ICE. Instead of giving his replacement experience, let's keep running him on punt returns. With your logic , screw Losman, the doesn't need the experience. Start Holcomb!!!!
      sacrifice1

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Only problem with Clements at PR is that he fumbles the ball alot, Parrish was bread to be a return man, plus Andre Davis and Terrance Mcgee on KR, also Eric King and Jabari Greer and Shaud Williams can all do punt returns, also Jim Leonard as well.
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Great thinking ICE. Instead of giving his replacement experience, let's keep running him on punt returns. With your logic , screw Losman, the doesn't need the experience. Start Holcomb!!!!

I have to ask, WTF are you talking about? Clements is gone this next offseason. Let him return punts. WTF does that have to do with giving his replacement reps at CB???? We have tons of guys that have returned punts before that will get reps next offseason/ Preseason.

Your post made no sense.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
            I have to ask, WTF are you talking about? Clements is gone this next offseason. Let him return punts. WTF does that have to do with giving his replacement reps at CB???? We have tons of guys that have returned punts before that will get reps next offseason/ Preseason.

Your post made no sense.
            your reason for making Clements return punts is because he may be gone? If he's definitely gone next year, you want to start having his replacement do the returning so he get's better w/ experience. Parrish has an upside when it comes to returning , by the same logic that JP needs experience, you do the same in the punt return or every other position in order for them to develop. Comprende?
            sacrifice1

Comment

• Stewie
              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
              • Aug 2002

your reason for making Clements return punts is because he may be gone? If he's definitely gone next year, you want to start having his replacement do the returning so he get's better w/ experience. Parrish has an upside when it comes to returning , by the same logic that JP needs experience, you do the same in the punt return or every other position in order for them to develop. Comprende?
              No comprendo. Clements no tiene contract. JP esta property de la buffalo bills beyond un ano.

Or something.
              Originally posted by Topdog
              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              I love Weiner.
              also cheese

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
                No comprendo. Clements no tiene contract. JP esta property de la buffalo bills beyond un ano.

Or something.
                So is Parrish and if Parrish is better or equal to Clements in the punt return game, you make him return the punts. This way he'll only get better with experience. You don't make Clements return punts just because he's gone next year. That isn't going to help us next year. Remember, we're building a team for the future, not playing to win this year and if Clements isn't part of that future, you give experience to someone who is.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Or something.
                  si

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Justa, Now you are just being stubborn and stupid about this. I KNOW you know there is no comparrison between the skill for a QB's devleopment and a guy returning punts. Parrish in two weeks of practice would be up to speed. I WISH it were that easy for QB's

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      Justa, Now you are just being stubborn and stupid about this. I KNOW you know there is no comparrison between the skill for a QB's devleopment and a guy returning punts. Parrish in two weeks of practice would be up to speed. I WISH it were that easy for QB's
                      No. I know the qb position is more demanding compared to the run game. But every position requires experience and can only get better with it. Every player needs to know where the blocks are going to be. Every player needs to get familiar with each other. You don't achieve that in 2 weeks. I wish it were that easy but it isn't. Repetition makes you better.

Having great field position after every punt helps. If Parrish is going to be the guy next year, you give it to him now. It's still the same logic with Losman.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Stewie
                        • Aug 2002

no no. See... if clements gets hurt, he's staying in buffalo.

I think punt returner is probably the most instinctual position in football. I'm sure Parrish has been laid out enough times to know that the object is to find the crease and run like hell.
                        I love Weiner.
                        also cheese

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

no no. See... if clements gets hurt, he's staying in buffalo.

I think punt returner is probably the most instinctual position in football. I'm sure Parrish has been laid out enough times to know that the object is to find the crease and run like hell.
                          It makes it easier to run through the crease when you know where your blocks are . Doesn't the same thing apply when the rb knows his OL?
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Stewie
                            • Aug 2002

It makes it easier to run through the crease when you know where your blocks are . Doesn't the same thing apply when the rb knows his OL?
                            No, because an offense is run out of a set formation. You know where the ball is coming to you and when. You have time to definitively know where your hole is "supposed to be" before the ball is snapped.

On a kick return, you can set up a play, but if the kicker squibs it or it goes to the wrong side, all bets are off.. and so is your head if you dont get the hell into the crease ASAP :)
                            I love Weiner.
                            also cheese

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

No. I know the qb position is more demanding compared to the run game. But every position requires experience and can only get better with it. Every player needs to know where the blocks are going to be. Every player needs to get familiar with each other. You don't achieve that in 2 weeks. I wish it were that easy but it isn't. Repetition makes you better.

Having great field position after every punt helps. If Parrish is going to be the guy next year, you give it to him now. It's still the same logic with Losman.
                              LMAO I am telling you, its that easy. I can't help most players returning punts are too stupid to hit the holes and go.

Comment

Working...
                              X