• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

PFT: #32 The Buffalo Bills

PFT PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS: NUMBER 32
    Like many football publications, we've compiled a list of preseason power rankings. Unlike most of the others who rank the teams from No. 1 through No. 32, we've decided to milk this thing like a cow with three udders.
    We'll identify one team per day for the next 32, and we'll be doing more than just naming names. We're also taking a look at each team's offseason developments and any key personnel issues that they'll face in 2006. Then, we'll grade each of the skill position players, the defense generally, and the kicker for fantasy purposes, in anticipation of a more comprehensive fantasy preview that will come in August.
    Without further adieu, here's number 32.
    The Buffalo Bills.
    It would have been almost impossible a year ago to envision the Bills as the bottom of the barrel. They were one of the darlings of the 2005 preseason, with folks like Chris Mortensen, Len Pasquarelli, and Merril Hoge picking the Bills to make it to the postseason. Coming off of a 9-7 season in 2004, which featured an 8-2 finish and a playoff berth that evaporated during a home loss on the final day of the season at home against the Steelers (who already had home-field advantage locked up), Buffalo fit the bill of a hot team that might very well carry its late-season success into the next year.
    Didn't happen.
    After limping (again) to a slow start, the Bills weren't able to turn it around. A season-ending injury to linebacker Takeo Spikes in late September didn't help.
    Though they fought their way to 4-5 with seven to play, losing six of their final games, dropping the team to a disappointing 5-11. Along the way, the team's failure to commit to a starting quarterback didn't help, with then-coach Mike Mularkey benching quarterback J.P. Losman in early October and then later giving up on Kelly Holcomb.
    But the real fun began after the season. G.M. Tom Donahoe got his long-deserved pink slip, only to be replaced the next day by Marv Levy, an 80-something ex-coach who'd never run a front office. Then it was buh-bye to Mularkey, who awkwardly left the team after Levy (who last coached the team in 1997) returned.
    Next, Levy temporarily mused about serving as the head coach before owner Ralph Wilson advised Levy that it wasn't gonna happen. Before too long, Levy hired Dick Jauron, who (in our view) was the most likely of the candidates to take Levy's suggestions about how to do the job that Levy really wanted.
    Enter Dick Jauron, failed former coach of the Bears who didn't merit serious consideration to succeed Steve Mariucci in Detroit, even though Jauron had coached the Lions on an interim basis after Mooch was fired in late November.
    Things only got worse for the Bills as the offseason unfolded, with defensive tackle Sam Adams, safety Lawyer Milloy, and tight end Mark Campbell getting the boot in the days before an extension to the CBA would have made it easier to keep them. Next up, receiver Eric Moulds forcing his way out of town via a trade.
    The only positive addition by subtraction? The team finally flushed the commode on offensive tackle Mike Williams, a top-five pick by Donahoe who never turned into much of anything for the Bills.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
  • feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: PFT: #32 The Buffalo Bills

I have no respect for PFT, this is not even a blip on the radar. I find it hard to believe the Bills are the worst team in the NFL.

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

Well, maybe if you had a clue what you were talking about, you'd think differently. But since you are a dolphins fan, we won't hold lack of intelligence against you.

If you read the article, it clearly says the Bills probably aren't the worst team. Just the team with the most questions.
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      I love Weiner.
      also cheese

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by paulB
        Well, maybe if you had a clue what you were talking about, you'd think differently. But since you are a dolphins fan, we won't hold lack of intelligence against you.

If you read the article, it clearly says the Bills probably aren't the worst team. Just the team with the most questions.
        That may mean we can give the most answers too.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Nothing wrong w/ 32. There's no way but up.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Nothing wrong w/ 32. There's no way but up.
            Did Justa just say that? wow..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by paulB

he wasn't bashing you guys not sure why the hostility

Comment

• Stewie
                Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                he wasn't bashing you guys not sure why the hostility
                Cause he's a dolphins fan, moron!

(All dolphins fans are morons by definition)
                Originally posted by Topdog
                Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                I love Weiner.
                also cheese

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Even though I strongly believe that the Bills are rebuilding there is no way that they are the worst team in the league. Matter-of-fact there are alot of teams that are moving in the opposite direction. We are going to get better. No doubt about it.

I guarantee that the Patriots will not be a very good team this year. And even though this hurts to say it I think Miami is going to win the division.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

I had to groan at your post for saying you think the Dolphins are winning our division.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Well somebody is going to win it & it won't be the Jets.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                          I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                          • Jul 2005

Pretty difficult to take that analysis seriously when the author says Sam Adams and Laywer Milloy were cut for salary cap reasons, when in fact they were cut because neither one fits into the new defensive scheme the bills want to run on defense. But then again, its PFT and they seem to get off bashing the Marv Levy and Ralph wilson.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

PFT = aguyinhismomsbasement...dot com...

Florio = :krusty:
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                              PFT = aguyinhismomsbasement...dot com...

Florio = :krusty:

I know who you are talking about..

Comment

Working...
                              X