• Oct 2003

Ralph's record w/o Polian

Ralph's record without Polian (post merger) is:

Before Polian: 88-153

After Polian: 93-99

Discuss....
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: Ralph's record w/o Polian

Pretty much. Wilson's so overrated it's ridiculous.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

I admire what he did to establish the team but that goes only so far when you want a championship team in your lifetime.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

You taken on my challenge yet?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Which is? Please be more specific. Contrary to your constant accusations of my psychic powers, I can't read minds.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
            Which is? Please be more specific. Contrary to your constant accusations of my psychic powers, I can't read minds.
            Curse out the VP of your company who just happens to be the offspring of the President of your company. You've done a pretty good job of bashing Ralph for doing what most employers would do...or do you think your situation is different? Maybe you've got a job where you can get away with that. I'll lay odds that you're in the minority in a big way if that's the case.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
              Curse out the VP of your company who just happens to be the offspring of the President of your company. You've done a pretty good job of bashing Ralph for doing what most employers would do...or do you think your situation is different? Maybe you've got a job where you can get away with that. I'll lay odds that you're in the minority in a big way if that's the case.
              Regardless of why he fired him, my point is that Ralph is nothing special as an owner as is evident by his overall record. The only time the Bills were special was with Polian.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Regardless of why he fired him, my point is that Ralph is nothing special as an owner as is evident by his overall record. The only time the Bills were special was with Polian.
                I realize that...doesn't excuse what he did. It doesn't matter if you're the best employee in the history of the company (and, IMO, Polian was one of the best in Bills history), you won't get away with everything

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  I realize that...doesn't excuse what he did. It doesn't matter if you're the best employee in the history of the company (and, IMO, Polian was one of the best in Bills history), you won't get away with everything
                  So the first 3 words of your post..."I realize that".....are you agreeing with me about Ralph (disregarding the Polian incident)? If you say yes I'm gonna faint.

Comment

• John Doe
                    Florida Man
                    • Jul 2002

AFL championships have to count for something.

Ralph got 2 of them without Polian.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

So the first 3 words of your post..."I realize that".....are you agreeing with me about Ralph (disregarding the Polian incident)? If you say yes I'm gonna faint.
                      Not completely...after all, Polian had nothing to do with our success in the 60s...or the early 80s

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Ralph's record without Polian (post merger) is:

Before Polian: 88-153

After Polian: 93-99

Discuss....
                        Ralph's record without Levy (post merger) is:

Before Levy: 90-148

After Levy: 91-92

Discuss....

Actually- I have no idea what the point of this discussion is. The Bills won for years after he left, and what does the record during the second half of the Butler & full Donahoe eras have to do with anything?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          Ralph's record without Levy (post merger) is:

Before Levy: 90-148

After Levy: 91-92

Discuss....

Actually- I have no idea what the point of this discussion is. The Bills won for years after he left, and what does the record during the second half of the Butler & full Donahoe eras have to do with anything?
                          I thought the point was pretty clear. When looking at the history of the team (post merger - if you want to hang your hat on the AFL stuff, that's your prerogative) Ralph is not a very good owner except for the one good move of hiring Polian (who is connected to Levy, so your post about his record without Levy is redundant)

And since this team has been terrible now for 6 years it's more apparent he's not getting better with age. Time for a change - just hope that change happens in Buffalo.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I thought the point was pretty clear. When looking at the history of the team (post merger - if you want to hang your hat on the AFL stuff, that's your prerogative) Ralph is not a very good owner except for the one good move of hiring Polian (who is connected to Levy, so your post about his record without Levy is redundant)

And since this team has been terrible now for 6 years it's more apparent he's not getting better with age. Time for a change - just hope that change happens in Buffalo.
                            Very Wysonian

"Thow out their 2 championship seasons and you have a lousy owner"....

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              Very Wysonian

"Thow out their 2 championship seasons and you have a lousy owner"....
                              You're right. Let's keep patting Ralph on the back for winning 2 championships 40 years ago in a league that has been defunct for 36 years.

That was probably the worst case you could've made for supporting him.

Comment

Working...
                              X