-----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Re: Briere's Hearing

Originally posted by pyrrhonist
      With all of the secrecy and mystery surrounding the delay in Briere's decision being announced, this is what one of my buddy's on another forum posted yesterday:

IMO, this is bull****. I think it means that they are working on getting a long term deal done and told the arbitrator to hold on a minute. I remember reading last week that the arbitrator is only allowed 48 hours to deliberate and make a decision. If they dont have it made by then, it probably means that the Sabres and working with his agent behind the scenes IMo.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
        • Sep 2003

I'm pretty sure what gannd posted above is correct, though---Once a hearing goes before the arbitrator, it's like saying "We couldn't make a deal amongst ourselves". After that, you're forced to either abide by that decision, or walk away from it, which allows the player to become a UFA. I need to look up the CBA and see for sure.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
          • Sep 2003

Well then, we were saying?

Sources tell TSN Buffalo Sabres star Daniel Briere has been awarded a one year, $5 million settlement through arbitration.

The Sabres have 48 hours to accept the settlement or reject it and allow Briere to become an unrestricted free agent.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

I'm pretty sure what gannd posted above is correct, though---Once a hearing goes before the arbitrator, it's like saying "We couldn't make a deal amongst ourselves". After that, you're forced to either abide by that decision, or walk away from it, which allows the player to become a UFA. I need to look up the CBA and see for sure.
            thats not what they said on WGR. They said that there is still a chance that a deal might get done before the arbitrator rules.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
              thats not what they said on WGR. They said that there is still a chance that a deal might get done before the arbitrator rules.
              Well, it's a moot point, anyways, if the above post I put in is accurate.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Well then, we were saying?

Sources tell TSN Buffalo Sabres star Daniel Briere has been awarded a one year, $5 million settlement through arbitration.

The Sabres have 48 hours to accept the settlement or reject it and allow Briere to become an unrestricted free agent.
                damn it! Why the hell couldnt they just come up with an extension for him. I hate this one year crap!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Well, it's a moot point, anyways, if the above post I put in is accurate.
                  I'm hoping it isn't.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    damn it! Why the hell couldnt they just come up with an extension for him. I hate this one year crap!!!
                    Me too, man. This pisses me off to no end, because it should be obvious to Darcy that both Briere & Miller are worth locking up long-term, and not this 1-year bullcrap.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Me too, man. This pisses me off to no end, because it should be obvious to Darcy that both Briere & Miller are worth locking up long-term, and not this 1-year bullcrap.
                      and this one-year offer may cost us Briere next year if he stays healthy and does as good as I think he will.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                        • Sep 2003

As if the cold/congestion I have isn't enough to make me cough up phlegm, the thought of him wearing a Red Wings, Avs, Stars, or Queefs jersey makes me want to puke.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                          • Sep 2003

To add insult to injury, the article has been updated a bit:

Briere could be involved in a "sign-and-trade" within the next couple of days. The two sides are working on a 5-year, $25 million deal that would then see Briere dealt immediately. Montreal, Los Angeles and Atlanta are among the teams in the mix.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

To add insult to injury, the article has been updated a bit:

Briere could be involved in a "sign-and-trade" within the next couple of days. The two sides are working on a 5-year, $25 million deal that would then see Briere dealt immediately. Montreal, Los Angeles and Atlanta are among the teams in the mix.

what the ****!?!? Darcy!!! You cheap ****ing son of a *****!!!! Don't you dare trade our 2nd best player!!!!

If you can agree to a ****ing 5 year deal worth $25 million, you better ****ing keep him!!!!

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Briere awarded 5mill/year

Bye bye danny!!

You piece of ****.

I want regier to just sign you so i can boo you at the home opener.

"I want the front office to step up and keep this team together"
                              Yeah.. now we know how much you really care about the team, you screwed us royally. **** YOU.
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                                • Aug 2002

Re: Briere awarded 5mill/year

Link?

Comment

Working...
                                X