• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

The SLUG will die because...

I read on WKBW.com sports that the SLUG will be on the new uni, but the best part, if the 3rd jersey(original logo) outsells the new uni, that they'd go back to the original! Problem solved! Buy up those 3rd jerseys fans, because they're going to end up our REAL jerseys! YEAH!
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: The SLUG will die because...

BUY THE OLD JERSEYS!!!!!.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by im4bflo
      I read on WKBW.com sports that the SLUG will be on the new uni, but the best part, if the 3rd jersey(original logo) outsells the new uni, that they'd go back to the original! Problem solved! Buy up those 3rd jerseys fans, because they're going to end up our REAL jerseys! YEAH!
      I've got news for you...most people thought the old blue unis were ugly! I would not want that as our jersey...tweak it a bit then maybe, but not the original.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        I've got news for you...most people thought the old blue unis were ugly! I would not want that as our jersey...tweak it a bit then maybe, but not the original.
        I liked the dark blues more than the home white.

Go team Sweden!

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
          I liked the dark blues more than the home white.

Go team Sweden!
          I'd agree if the yellow was the same as Sweden's, but the old yellow is atrocious!

Comment

• im4bflo
            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
            • Sep 2003

Buy a SLUG then dude, you will look 'tweeked' :snicker2:

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Buy a SLUG then dude, you will look 'tweeked' :snicker2:
              Or I could pass judgement on something without even seeing...that makes for sense! Come on, now!

Comment

• im4bflo
                the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                • Sep 2003

Or I could pass judgement on something without even seeing...that makes for sense! Come on, now!
                Well, so far what I've seen, the slug by itself, and with the teams name added, I can't see the rest of the jersey making up for how ugly it is.
                I hate the mustard gold color also.
                I'm rocking the 3rd without a doubt, but am curious to see the whole new jersey.
                Maybe the slug is on the sleeves, and the logo is something entirely different?!
                Buy a 3rd jersey, and a slug hat.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

I wouldnt mind the slug on the shoulder patch. But the new "b" will be on the shoulder.

BUY THE OLD SCHOOL JERSEY!

GO OLD SCHOOL!!!!
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Well, so far what I've seen, the slug by itself, and with the teams name added, I can't see the rest of the jersey making up for how ugly it is.
                    I hate the mustard gold color also.
                    I'm rocking the 3rd without a doubt, but am curious to see the whole new jersey.
                    Maybe the slug is on the sleeves, and the logo is something entirely different?!
                    That's all I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions. If I hate it when I see it, then I won't buy it, but I can't say that just yet. As for the "old" blue & gold, I much rather would've liked to see the white, but I understand they wanted the home jersey so that that the team could wear them in front of the home fans.

Comment

• JD
                      Sabres Zone
                      • Sep 2003

How about a slug mug?

Comment

• im4bflo
                        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                        • Sep 2003

That's all I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions. If I hate it when I see it, then I won't buy it, but I can't say that just yet. As for the "old" blue & gold, I much rather would've liked to see the white, but I understand they wanted the home jersey so that that the team could wear them in front of the home fans.
                        I've got both home and away, old school blue and gold, hanging in my closet right now, doesn't most Sabre fans???
                        the slug is a slug, on a hat, or whatever, it's ugly as hell.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

I hope you are right. I want to see these buffaslug jerseys struggle tremendously on the market and watch the old style jerseys kick it's ass.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            I hope you are right. I want to see these buffaslug jerseys struggle tremendously on the market and watch the old style jerseys kick it's ass.
                            Here is a thought that most of the "slug" haters are not realizing. The consumers who the Sabres marketing team is targeting are not the fans in Buffalo, they are the fans around the country and in Canada. If the jersey looks good, it will sell and nothing that the local fans do will matter. That is what this is about, not WNY fans, but NHL fans who buy jerseys.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Here is a thought that most of the "slug" haters are not realizing. The consumers who the Sabres marketing team is targeting are not the fans in Buffalo, they are the fans around the country and in Canada. If the jersey looks good, it will sell and nothing that the local fans do will matter. That is what this is about, not WNY fans, but NHL fans who buy jerseys.
                              ummm, u do realize that anyone who has seen that logo on the internet has bashed it. They got a couple logo boards on the net and they criticized the hell out of it. I also saw a few non Sabres fans ripping it to shreds too.

Comment

Working...
                              X