• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: More Carry-On Items Banned on Planes

You have to keep hydrated on a plane Dude.

I remember the good old days...when liquor was free.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
      Sometimes Meat makes perfect sense.
      And that is frightening.
      hey!
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
        I have another funny one Mike.

My Dad was really ill, back in February of 1998, so I had to fly up from Florida, because we didn't know if he was going to pull through the surgery to remove his leg.

So it's just me this time, and I'm flying out of the Sarasota-Bradenton Airport. (Which, for all intents and purposes, could be called the Hooterville Airport, as it only deals with about two dozen flights a day)

I get to the screener, a cute little old lady of about 70. she Xrays my Timberland backpack, and tells me she needs to open it up.

No Prob.

She pulls out my little Panasonic DVD-TV. I had just bought it about a month before at the Best Buy near the Countryside Mall.

LADY: What's this?

ME: It's a portable DVD player.

LADY: A what?

ME: A DVD player. Press that little switch, and a tv screen pops up, and I can watch a movie on the flight.

LADY: Hmmm. Okay, what are these things? (In the small Caselogic case)

ME: Those are the movies.

LADY: Then what's this other piece of hardware in your knapsack?

ME: That's a cd player.

***blank stare***

ME: It plays music...sort of like a tape player, only with a laser that reads encoded information on the discs.

LADY: (exasperated) I gotta get to the store and check out all this newfangled stuff....oh just go!

I should write a book.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

EXACTLY!

Comment

• Dude
            that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
            • Feb 2005

The Wright Brothers didn't have in-flight meal service. Do you hear them complaining?

I didn't think so.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
              I hate the fact that these terrorists are controlling our lives!

why the **** can't I take a bottle of gatorade on the plane? That's bull****!
              Because it is their plane and not yours?

It is not a right Mikey. People do not have a right to do whatever they want to do on public transportation.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Dude
                The Wright Brothers didn't have in-flight meal service. Do you hear them complaining?

I didn't think so.
                They also didn't have to sit on the runway in Charlotte for two hours....

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Riding an airplane is not a right. Carrying luggage on a flight is not a right. they are privleges. There is no protected right to carry stuff on an airplane. Once you leave your home and are on public transportation, your rights diminish.

I don't see the problem in the concept.
                  I don't have a problem with the concept either- it's the implementation. For example. I agree that no one except federal marshals should have firearms in the cabin of an aircraft for obvious reasons. There is a clear, credible threat from firearms.

But, even if they are priviledges, they shouldn't take them away unless there is a clear, credible threat and I don't think that's been established. This is a knee-jerk reaction that was done without the necessary research and investigation.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dude
                    • Feb 2005

It's a preventative measure. There could still be sleeper cells out there that are backups - who knows? Better to eliminate the possibility than to take the risk.

Inconvenience or death? I'll take inconvenience.

Comment

• Meathead
                      • Jul 2002

i tell you what

since we have arabs from pakistan that want to kill civilians on planes

and we have other arabs in lebanon that will put their children up to die as human shields

why not pack those lebanese civilians onto planes and let the pakistanis blow them up?

We Die For Allah Airlines

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dude
                        It's a preventative measure. There could still be sleeper cells out there that are backups - who knows? Better to eliminate the possibility than to take the risk.

Inconvenience or death? I'll take inconvenience.
                        well the only way to eliminate any possibility is to eliminate commercial air travel altogether. As long as there are planes in the sky, the possibility of a terror attack on a plane exists.

Should we eliminate the possibility of people speeding by putting governors in cars that limit them to 55 mph? Should we eliminate the possibility of alcohol abuse by just eliminating alcohol?

All I'm saying is that the actual risk should be established before things are banned as a knee-jerk reaction. Again, terrorism and liquid explosives weren't invented yesterday and so far there hasn't been a problem. It's an extreme reaction to a situation that, while scary, did not actually lead to any deaths or injuries.

Inconvenience and death aren't the only two choices. And even if they were, who the **** are these ****ing terrorists to force us to make a choice?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          I think the thing that bothers people is that we have been doing this all our lives and suddenly now we are afraid of it, because they think they found someone who was going to blow up a plane with a bomb inside of a liquid. Like I said before....what's going on right now is exactly what the terrorists want. We are letting them win. Each little tiny freedom...my freedom to bring a bottle of gatorade on the plane to drink because I get thirsty and like Valerie said...they supply you with a little tiny cup of soda and a ton of ice. It doesn't do the trick. My freedom to bring a ipod, discman, walkman, cell phone, laptop or any other device that will soon get banned (just watch!). We have had these freedoms all our life and now because we get a little threat, nothing actually happens and we don't know if it ever would have....we lose them? How is that fair?
                          WOW!

Comment

• Dude
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            All I'm saying is that the actual risk should be established before things are banned as a knee-jerk reaction. Again, terrorism and liquid explosives weren't invented yesterday and so far there hasn't been a problem. It's an extreme reaction to a situation that, while scary, did not actually lead to any deaths or injuries.
                            I think that flying planes into the WTC firmly established the risk of inadequate security measures.

You will never eliminate risk entirely. Hell, the plane could drop out of the sky due to mechanical failure. But you know what? The same people that are complaining about extreme reactions, inconvenience, and flying "rights" would be the first ones to scream and yell when something did happen if the government didn't do anything to try to prevent it. I'd rather that they err on the side of caution than appease people who disagree solely for the sake of disagreeing.

Your mind is made up, and that's fine. Next time you fly, you ***** and complain when your toothpaste and Gatorade is confiscated by TSA. While you're getting examined from the inside out, the rest of us will be strolling through security.

Comment

• Meathead
                              • Jul 2002

21 of 21 airport penetration tests failed to detect bomb making components smuggled by undercover officers onto planes in recent tests

a very bushian like failure rate

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                                21 of 21 airport penetration tests failed to detect bomb making components smuggled by undercover officers onto planes in recent tests

a very bushian like failure rate

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...6&f=00&fg=copy
                                What do you do to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡