Power to Give Rep

Re: More Carry-On Items Banned on Planes

is Eb on steroids ??

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    notorious?? I have probably flown over 250 times in my life...cannot get to any where from Buffalo without a connection...probably made it through 700 take offs and landings in my life...never lost one bag of luggage...even when our bag was "lost" in Kiev, Ukraine it was eventually found (in less than 24 hours) and made it's way to where we were staying in Donetsk.
    I never lost a bag in my life until Christmas of this year- they lost it going into Puerto Rico and took about 30 hours getting it back to me. Then on my very next trip, they lost it in Australia and took about 8 hours getting it back to me.

There was a report earlier this year about how there has been a huge increase in lost luggage recently.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    well why does the machine have to be in the "bowels" of the airport? Why can't they build the equipment into the x-ray machines?

We're so afraid of these guys that we're banning TOOTHPASTE and that doesn't bother you? We're a deodorant ban away from being France.
    explain to me again why we need toothpaste on an airplane? they don't serve food any more and if you suffer from hallitosis that is that bad you aren't going to pick up anybody on the airplane anyway.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Playa
    is Eb on steroids ??
    why?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

just have noticed a more aggressive tone in your posts

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

so frikkin' what?? boo frikkin hoo....you can't carry your toiletries on a plane...it is a plane ride for crying out loud...read a book, a newspaper or take a nap...why do people think that the inside of the plane is equivalent to their bedroom?? almost all plane flights (save the ones AWM take) are less than three hours...can't American's make it without putting on make up, sucking down a Starbucks or yacking on the phone for three frikkin' hours? Pathetic.
    Checking baggage is a HUGE hassle- at Dulles it takes like an hour to get your checked bags because the terminals are remote from the main building.

And she's talking about TOILETRIES, not Starbucks or cell phones. Who the **** are these ****ing terrorists to tell US what we can and can't take on planes?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

just have noticed a more aggressive tone in your posts
    sick of the persistant whining going on lately...that's all.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Checking baggage is a HUGE hassle- at Dulles it takes like an hour to get your checked bags because the terminals are remote from the main building.

And she's talking about TOILETRIES, not Starbucks or cell phones. Who the **** are these ****ing terrorists to tell US what we can and can't take on planes?
    flying is popular...lots of people - lots of bags...the safety of the whole flight takes precedence over the luxury of a few...check the bags...and again, why do you need to carry ANYTHING on a plane??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

explain to me again why we need toothpaste on an airplane? they don't serve food any more and if you suffer from hallitosis that is that bad you aren't going to pick up anybody on the airplane anyway.
    ever take a 15 hour flight to Australia? Ever been stuck in an airport for 20 hours because of a storm? Ever have an airline lose your luggage and you have no toothpaste when you get to the destination, then you have to spend YOUR time and YOUR money looking for it? Frequent business travelers ALWAYS carry toiletries on the plane for precisely these scenarios.

and again: we are letting the terrorists dictate our actions. Regardless of how minor the change is, they are changing the way we do things and we shouldn't be allowing that to happen.

ArcticWildMan

well why does the machine have to be in the "bowels" of the airport? Why can't they build the equipment into the x-ray machines?

We're so afraid of these guys that we're banning TOOTHPASTE and that doesn't bother you? We're a deodorant ban away from being France.
    Sure, that's it, just snap your fingers and "build it into" an X-ray machine. Never mind that the machine they use to sniff for explosives is quite large and complex. We'll just slap it on the nearest X-ray machine so everybody can be happy.

Op, you're losing any rational thought, give it up buddy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ever take a 15 hour flight to Australia? Ever been stuck in an airport for 20 hours because of a storm? Ever have an airline lose your luggage and you have no toothpaste when you get to the destination, then you have to spend YOUR time and YOUR money looking for it? Frequent business travelers ALWAYS carry toiletries on the plane for precisely these scenarios.

and again: we are letting the terrorists dictate our actions. Regardless of how minor the change is, they are changing the way we do things and we shouldn't be allowing that to happen.
    Op, I have been to Thailand...I have been to Ukraine...I have been to England...I have flown all over this country...I have been a business traveler...nothing is that much of an inconvience...unless you are going into the deep sub-Sahara all those places have stores that you can buy toothpaste at.

BTW, the terrorists are not telling us what to do...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

flying is a luxury anyway, if you dont want to waste the time in the airport drive, take a train or bus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

flying is popular...lots of people - lots of bags...the safety of the whole flight takes precedence over the luxury of a few...check the bags.
    Do you know how ridiculous this logic sounds when you put it in other contexts?

"No one can bring toothpaste on planes because someone, somewhere might try to hide explosives in a toothpaste tube."

Apply it to driving:

"No one can consume alcohol in a building with a parking lot because someone might leave and drive drunk".

Or the Internet:

"No one can use Myspace anymore because pedophiles and rapists use it to meet their victims".

In those cases, does the safety of the many outweigh the luxury of the few?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

flying is a luxury anyway, if you dont want to waste the time in the airport drive, take a train or bus
    A-MEN...more room on the plane for me.

ArcticWildMan

Funny how so many people ***** about having their civil liberties infringed on by the gov't when we use secret wiretaps and other measures to try and catch terrorists but they are the ones who ***** the loudest and demand we find a way to stop the terrorists when they can't carry a tube of toothpaste on an airplane. Un-freaking-real!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"No one can bring toothpaste on planes because someone, somewhere might try to hide explosives in a toothpaste tube."

Apply it to driving:

"No one can consume alcohol in a building with a parking lot because someone might leave and drive drunk".

Or the Internet:

"No one can use Myspace anymore because pedophiles and rapists use it to meet their victims".

Op---take a walk and go outside...like AWM said you are going way out there...nobody should drink and drive but how many can you kill that way??...and myspace?? pfft...more people looking to shower themselves with attention...the time they spend on making their website they could actually meet real people and get the sex they are looking for.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticWildMan
    Sure, that's it, just snap your fingers and "build it into" an X-ray machine. Never mind that the machine they use to sniff for explosives is quite large and complex. We'll just slap it on the nearest X-ray machine so everybody can be happy.

Op, you're losing any rational thought, give it up buddy.
    well, being that I'm not an FAA employee, I have never seen one of these sniffer machines and you conveniently left out the size portion of it.

But why can't they reduce the size? Almost every electronic device has been reduced in size in recent years.

ArcticWildMan

Apply it to driving:

Or the Internet:

Last time I checked, people weren't flying Myspace into buildings or blowing it up killing hundreds at a pop and causing BILLIONS in economic losses.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Op---take a walk and go outside...like AWM said you are going way out there...nobody should drink and drive but how many can you kill that way??...and myspace?? pfft...more people looking to shower themselves with attention...the time they spend on making their website they could actually meet real people and get the sex they are looking for.
    and how many people can you kill by blowing up an airplane? 300? 400? You can kill way more than that with a fertilizer bomb- should be ban fertilizer and make the farmers go back to 17th century techniques? The safety of the many outweighs the needs of the few farmers who use the stuff legitimately.

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

so frikkin' what?? boo frikkin hoo....you can't carry your toiletries on a plane...it is a plane ride for crying out loud...read a book, a newspaper or take a nap...why do people think that the inside of the plane is equivalent to their bedroom?? almost all plane flights (save the ones AWM take) are less than three hours...can't American's make it without putting on make up, sucking down a Starbucks or yacking on the phone for three frikkin' hours? Pathetic.
    WTF is your problem? For your information, I DO read books on planes. I don't drink coffee or talk on the phone. But to be denied water because it's "dangerous" is absurd! And, it has nothing to do with making a plane my bedroom, it has to do with CONVENIENCE! I don't check my bags. I rarely do. I find it a HUGE hassle to deal with baggage claim. I've waited over 45 minutes for my bags during one flight. And for a less than 3 hour flight, that's an absurd waste of my time. People fly because it's supposed to be FAST AND EASY! Not to mention, I've seen the way bags are treated by the handlers. They are thrown and I've seen several EACH TIME I FLY fall off the conveyer belt onto the ground. I'm sorry if I would prefer to have MY items in MY control while I'm traveling.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth