• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: More Carry-On Items Banned on Planes

Originally posted by OpIv37
    It's not a luxury for Americans to live in America. It's the right of every American citizen.
    our rights are a luxury, a luxury many people dont have in their own country and thats why they come here

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
      when you move from where your family is part of the sacrifice is not being able to see your family when you want or in some cases need to.

It is a luxury we choose to live whereever you want to. So if they put new restrictions on travel since I chose the luxury of living in LA I have to abide by the restrictions, Im not gonna get all pissed off over something i cant change

In a democracy the government is responsive to the people. There are ways to change it. Not easy ways, but there are ways.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
        Um, maybe because nobody ever tried to blow up a plane before by smuggling in stuff that could explode in a tube of toothpaste or a jug of water???
        or maybe somebody came up with a way to make toothpaste explode...i am still shocked that people can take cell phones, laptops, i-pods and CD players on planes...it is possible to hide a remote device in there...no?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

there IS NO OTHER WAY TO GET THERE. IT'S A ****ING ISLAND.
          the word BOAT comes to mind...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

our rights are a luxury, a luxury many people dont have in their own country and thats why they come here
            our rights are luxuries to people in other countries, but they're rights to people who are already legally here, not luxuries.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

our rights are luxuries to people in other countries, but they're rights to people who are already legally here, not luxuries.
              your "rights" end at your front door when you venture into public and can affect the lives of others.

Comment

• Discotrish
                Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                • Nov 2003

Enough of these foiled terrorist plots...we need volcanoes!

Patti
                Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

if you are so concerened about seeing your wifes family in PR why dont you just move there

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    the word BOAT comes to mind...
                    didn't I just say this.

First, I don't think there are any commercial boats. Second, if there are they leave from Florida, which means 2-3 days of driving followed by 1-2 days on a boat. Given that we have JOBS and limited vacation time, it's not possible for us (if it even exists).

So, the options are flying or not seeing her family. Flying is only a luxury for us if seeing your family is considered a luxury.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

if you are so concerened about seeing your wifes family in PR why dont you just move there
                      same reason we don't move to rochester: no jobs for people with our education and experience.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

your "rights" end at your front door when you venture into public and can affect the lives of others.
                        well then I say no one should be allowed to drink because if they drink and drive it affects the lives of others.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

same reason we don't move to rochester: no jobs for people with our education and experience.
                          so work in a different field so you can be near your family if being near your family is so important

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

didn't I just say this.

First, I don't think there are any commercial boats. Second, if there are they leave from Florida, which means 2-3 days of driving followed by 1-2 days on a boat. Given that we have JOBS and limited vacation time, it's not possible for us (if it even exists).

So, the options are flying or not seeing her family. Flying is only a luxury for us if seeing your family is considered a luxury.
                            so stow your toothpaste in a bag and check it...or call ahead to Dora's family and make sure there is a store where you can buy some or that they have some on hand for you......your choice...convienence or the potential for planes dropping out of the sky.

Comment

or maybe somebody came up with a way to make toothpaste explode...i am still shocked that people can take cell phones, laptops, i-pods and CD players on planes...it is possible to hide a remote device in there...no?
                              Laptops and other similar devices are looked at very closely when you send them through the X-ray machine. The folks who do the screening are given training on what to look for. I've had to power up and demonstrate my laptop is a working device several times at various airports.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                                Give me a minute...
                                • Jul 2002

well then I say no one should be allowed to drink because if they drink and drive it affects the lives of others.
                                no...they can drink responsibily...why does somebody need to be ****-assed drunk in public??...again, driving is the priviledge...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍