Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: More Carry-On Items Banned on Planes

Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    No.

ArcticWildMan

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    and AWM and I agree...how crazy is that??

Where's Patti? I'm sure there must have been a magnitude 8 earthquake somewhere.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticWildMan
    Where's Patti? I'm sure there must have been a magnitude 8 earthquake somewhere.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The whole hair care issue was mildly ............ disturbing/entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I guess by the lukewarm response I'll pass

Thanks
    Thanked 26,288 Times in 13,721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

no...they can drink responsibily...why does somebody need to be ****-assed drunk in public??...again, driving is the priviledge...
    well, I can use toothpaste on a plane responsibly- why should I be banned from using it just because other people can't?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

so stow your toothpaste in a bag and check it...or call ahead to Dora's family and make sure there is a store where you can buy some or that they have some on hand for you......your choice...convienence or the potential for planes dropping out of the sky.
    ok- you are afraid that TOOTHPASTE is going to make planes drop out of the sky. Hence, my initial comment: the terrorists have won.

Toothpaste has NEVER been banned in the past and it has NEVER resulted in planes falling out of the sky. Suddenly, now it's a problem? I guess the government has been derelict of it's duty to protect us on airlines for the last 60+ years because it allowed toothpaste on planes. That's just plain negligent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    ok- you are afraid that TOOTHPASTE is going to make planes drop out of the sky. Hence, my initial comment: the terrorists have won.

Toothpaste has NEVER been banned in the past and it has NEVER resulted in planes falling out of the sky. Suddenly, now it's a problem? I guess the government has been derelict of it's duty to protect us on airlines for the last 60+ years because it allowed toothpaste on planes. That's just plain negligent.
    i am not worried about YOUR toothpaste...stop taking this so personally...i am worried about the wackos that try this crap...and terrorist threat or not too many people bring too much crap into a plane...it is NOT necessary.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Playa
    has nothing to do with it, if tehy wanted to live near family they should have chosen careers where jobs are available wher their family lives, otherwise they should enjoy phone conversations because they sacrificed living near family for their careers
    or maybe when we chose careers we didn't necessarily know where they would lead us geographically, or maybe we didn't care about that since we supposedly have the RIGHT to travel freely within the US as American citizens.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Threads like this make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i am not worried about YOUR toothpaste...stop taking this so personally...i am worried about the wackos that try this crap...and terrorist threat or not too many people bring too much crap into a plane...it is NOT necessary.
    you're saying because some people can't be trusted to do something responsibly without hurting others, then no one should be able to do it at all.

I guess no one should be allowed to hunt because some people hunt drunk and put everyone else's lives in danger.

I guess every car should have a governor that limits it to 55 mph because some people speed and that's a hazard to everyone else on the road. Wreckless driving kills far more people than terrorists.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    you're saying because some people can't be trusted to do something responsibly without hurting others, then no one should be able to do it at all.

I guess no one should be allowed to hunt because some people hunt drunk and put everyone else's lives in danger.

I guess every car should have a governor that limits it to 55 mph because some people speed and that's a hazard to everyone else on the road. Wreckless driving kills far more people than terrorists.
    Op, you seem to miss my whole point or you like to keep arguing just to argue...terrorists or not there is no reason to carry all that crap onto a plane other than selfish convienence...get over it...if airports and flights were run by private business i can guarentee you that everything you wanted to take on a plane would be searched very thoroughly...you wouldn't be allowed on a plane with anything the private company didn't want you to have on a plane...and plane travel would be very very expensive to ensure it went off safely...please give it up and be thankful for what you got...yes, restrictions occur because others cannot be trusted and this is a hot bed issue right now because planes can do millions of dollars in damage and take out 1000s in a single crash if orchestrated correctly...a drunk might kill a couple of people and it happens all the time so people dont *****...in my world you get life in prison if you drunk drive and kill somebody....what you do in the friendly confines of your four walls is your choice and your freedom....what you do once you leave there is not.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Op just really likes to argue.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Op just really likes to argue.

no crap...dora must be driven nuts by him...

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,242 Times in 15,406 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Threads like this make me want to gouge my eyes out.
    Feel free to.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Billsology
    I don't know what's scarier:

That Eb thinks that 8 bucks is a lot for a bottle of conditioner...

Or that Val only uses 8 dollar a bottle conditioner.

Crazy.
    How's the Extra Stock?

I guess I can't fly any to you now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Op, you seem to miss my whole point or you like to keep arguing just to argue...terrorists or not there is no reason to carry all that crap onto a plane other than selfish convienence...get over it...if airports and flights were run by private business i can guarentee you that everything you wanted to take on a plane would be searched very thoroughly...you wouldn't be allowed on a plane with anything the private company didn't want you to have on a plane...and plane travel would be very very expensive to ensure it went off safely...please give it up and be thankful for what you got...yes, restrictions occur because others cannot be trusted and this is a hot bed issue right now because planes can do millions of dollars in damage and take out 1000s in a single crash if orchestrated correctly...a drunk might kill a couple of people and it happens all the time so people dont *****...in my world you get life in prison if you drunk drive and kill somebody....what you do in the friendly confines of your four walls is your choice and your freedom....what you do once you leave there is not.
    I don't consider it "selfishly convenient" to bring toiletries on a plane. I consider it intelligent and practical. Even before 9/11 (but especially since 9/11), air travel has been unreliable at times. You never know when you're gonna be stuck on a tarmac or in an airport terminal for hours at a time and it's best to be prepared.

And even if it is "selfishly convenient" what gives the government the right to regulate that over some assinine, unlikely threat? These banned items have been allowed on airlines for years without a problem. It's not like terrorism and liquid explosives were invented yesterday. Have there been any studies about how much of this liquid explosive it would take to do damage to a plane and how easy it is to get? It seems to me that there are a lot of questions to be answered and other alternatives before a credible threat is established.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Riding an airplane is not a right. Carrying luggage on a flight is not a right. they are privleges. There is no protected right to carry stuff on an airplane. Once you leave your home and are on public transportation, your rights diminish.

I don't see the problem in the concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just put the ***** crap in the check-in. Is that so ***** hard?

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billsfanone
    Just put the ***** crap in the check-in. Is that so ***** hard?
    They should have two lines at airports- jerkoffs who want to bring crap on planes and an "express lane" in security for those with no carry ons.

Onle line will take an hour or more, the other will take minutes. I wonder how long the jerkoffs will still try to bring in toothpaste and shampoo.