• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: More Carry-On Items Banned on Planes

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
    Laptops and other similar devices are looked at very closely when you send them through the X-ray machine. The folks who do the screening are given training on what to look for. I've had to power up and demonstrate my laptop is a working device several times at various airports.
    yes...I have too...but those CD rom drives that you can swap out are NEVER inspected...great place to hide a detonator.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      no...they can drink responsibily...why does somebody need to be ****-assed drunk in public??...again, driving is the priviledge...
      so is drinking for that matter,

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

So much for your KY jelly, Val!

Comment

• Discotrish
          Raging hypocrite and resident troll
          • Nov 2003

so stow your toothpaste in a bag and check it...or call ahead to Dora's family and make sure there is a store where you can buy some or that they have some on hand for you......your choice...convienence or the potential for planes dropping out of the sky.
          Well I may decide to blog about this later, but what makes anyone think it will be possible to detect most liquids and gels? Yes, coffee cups and toothpaste tubes are obvious. But "a terrorist" could hollow out part of a paperback, put a liquid or gel inside a container that looked like playing cards, stick something in the handle of a hairbrush...

That isn't even counting putting gels or liquids into Ziploc bags and taping them to your body. Those metal detectors detect metals, not liquids or gels. So what's next, strip searches? Pat-downs? That would seem to be necessary if they truly want to prevent terrorists from smuggling "liquids or gels" on board.

My suggestion: Stop hassling parents with babies, elderly people, etc. and do some good old fashioned profiling. Because I don't think we have enough time or personal to undress everyone before boarding.

Do we?

Patti
          Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Valerie
            Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
            • Jul 2002

$8? that's nuts...you got taken...

...and they serve water on the plane...BOTTLED water.
            I take good care of my hair being I'm one of the only natural blondes left. lol

As for the bottled water on teh plane. I've never had water on the plane but if it's like a soda or a juice, you don't get teh full bottle/can. You get a tiny plastic cup filled with ice and about a mouthful of liquid. And, not to state the obvious, but if I'm DRINKING the water, do you really think it has explosives that can be used to blow the plane up? lol

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
            Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
            The only answer I found for all this hurt
            Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Discotrish
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
              so work in a different field so you can be near your family if being near your family is so important
              Wow, if terrorism forces Op and Dora to have to change careers, I would say not only have the terrorists "won," but they've run up the score.

Patti
              Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

my conditioner costs $15

Comment

• Historian
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                  Until we evolve into the kind of world that Star Trek portrayed (world peace), this is just the way things are going to be.
                  "In the 23rd century, the accumulation of personal wealth is no longer necessary." -Data, Star Trek, First Contact

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

If you were planning on killing yourself by blowing up the airplane anyway, why would it make a difference if you drank some of it? You're going to be dead either way. You forget Valerie, we aren't talking about rational people.

Comment

• Historian
                      • Dec 2002

my conditioner costs $15
                      I use Nexus Humectress.

32.95 a bottle.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Discotrish
                        Wow, if terrorism forces Op and Dora to have to change careers, I would say not only have the terrorists "won," but they've run up the score.

Patti
                        has nothing to do with it, if tehy wanted to live near family they should have chosen careers where jobs are available wher their family lives, otherwise they should enjoy phone conversations because they sacrificed living near family for their careers

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                          I use Nexus Humectress.

32.95 a bottle.

you know someone ignorant is gonna call us metro or gay soon, but in my book nothing wrong with a man taking care of himself

Comment

• Historian
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Valerie
                            Nothing is private anymore.
                            Welcome to the United States of Republicans!

They're the party of smaller government...unless they get to rustle through yer undies!

Comment

• Discotrish
                              • Nov 2003

has nothing to do with it, if tehy wanted to live near family they should have chosen careers where jobs are available wher their family lives, otherwise they should enjoy phone conversations because they sacrificed living near family for their careers
                              I think his point is that he CAN see his family by utilizing the airline industry. That is what we're talking about.

Patti

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Discotrish
                                I think his point is that he CAN see his family by utilizing the airline industry. That is what we're talking about.

Patti
                                not being able to carry on toothpaste on a plane to PR hasnt hindered that one bit

Comment

Working...
                                X