X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: More Carry-On Items Banned on Planes

no biggie really at least it will be quicker to board and un board airplanes, I assume ther will be little or no carry on baggage soon

Comment

No, I'm saying that you would freak if you saw what the Israelis do for airline security.

You can ***** and moan about our security measures all you want but they are in place to keep us as safe as possible. I'll gladly pack my toothpaste in my checked baggage if it means we deny the crazies in the world a means to blow us up.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
        no biggie really at least it will be quicker to board and un board airplanes, I assume ther will be little or no carry on baggage soon
        Originally posted by EricStratton
        I can picture the suitcase lobby fighting this but it would be nice if some regulations were put in to really limit what people drag down the aisles of an airplane.
        When we went to DC, some of the carry on bags were bigger than my main suitcase. I think carry on should be banned.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
          I disagree. I think it will take LONGER to get through security because if they see something that looks like lotion, toothpaste or shampoo in a carry-on, they'll have to inspect it by hand.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Valerie
            Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
            • Jul 2002

That's my point, LA, you can't carry much of anything on the plane anymore. If I'm going away for a weekend trip and I only have one bag, I would prefer not to hassle with baggage claim. By checking bags, you're adding a lot of unneeded extra time and inconvenience, IMHO.

And, like I said, who's to say something won't be carried through in baby food? If you're going to ban my water, the baby's water should be banned too. I fully understand the need for safety precautions, but this is getting out of hand.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
            Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
            The only answer I found for all this hurt
            Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

We did a little test to see if we could get through security with lighters in our bags on our recent flights. We were able to get back with 4 of them. They found one on our flight home and that's it. Security at BWI was a joke.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                No, I'm saying that you would freak if you saw what the Israelis do for airline security.

You can ***** and moan about our security measures all you want but they are in place to keep us as safe as possible. I'll gladly pack my toothpaste in my checked baggage if it means we deny the crazies in the world a means to blow us up.

See, you're making the false assumption that these security measures actually keep us safer. Some of them do- some of them are just ridiculous.

You show me one piece of evidence that proves having our shoes X-rayed has prevented even ONE terrorist attack and I will never complain about having to remove my shoes in an airport again. Until then, it's a knee-jerk reaction to something one guy tried once and wasn't even successful.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Hey Op, maybe you should take out a full page add in the NY Times or other national paper pleading to the terrorists to stop trying to develop new ways to blow us up because people can't carry toothpaste with them anymore. I'm sure they'll respect your wishes so they don't inconvenience you.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I disagree. I think it will take LONGER to get through security because if they see something that looks like lotion, toothpaste or shampoo in a carry-on, they'll have to inspect it by hand.
                    im talking about getting on and off a plane, all this is good for the economy. They will need to hire more TSA to enforce the new laws and more people will say screw it and buy travel size shampoo, toothpaste etc when tehy arrive at their destination, only problem is if you get stuck overnight somewhere you will have more smelly people on the plane

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                      We did a little test to see if we could get through security with lighters in our bags on our recent flights. We were able to get back with 4 of them. They found one on our flight home and that's it. Security at BWI was a joke.
                      my point exactly- it's a big hassle without making us safer. Either make us safer, or don't hassle us- but don't inconvenience everyone unless there's some benefit.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        See, you're making the false assumption that these security measures actually keep us safer. Some of them do- some of them are just ridiculous.

You show me one piece of evidence that proves having our shoes X-rayed has prevented even ONE terrorist attack and I will never complain about having to remove my shoes in an airport again. Until then, it's a knee-jerk reaction to something one guy tried once and wasn't even successful.
                        The fact that there haven't been any other attempts via a shoe bomb proves that it works don't you think?

Comment

• Valerie
                          Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                          • Jul 2002

I have to say, I hate taking my shoes off too. I usually don't wear socks so I'm barefoot. When I went to NY a few weeks ago, there was a man in front of me with his shoes off. His feet were sweating so badly, he left footprints. I was disgusted to have to walk behind in on his wet, gross footprints. It's unsanitary!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                          Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                          The only answer I found for all this hurt
                          Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Hey Op, maybe you should take out a full page add in the NY Times or other national paper pleading to the terrorists to stop trying to develop new ways to blow us up because people can't carry toothpaste with them anymore. I'm sure they'll respect your wishes so they don't inconvenience you.
                            maybe we should find out if terrorists are actually trying to put explosives in toothpast tubes or if it's even possible to put enough explosives in a toothpaste tube to damage an airliner or maybe we should find other ways to detect explosives besides all-out banning things.

And if toothpaste tubes are so dangerous why are they allowed on airplanes even in carry-on luggage? Ever heard of remote detonation?

or better yet- maybe we should treat the root causes of terrorism instead of the symptoms.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

The fact that there haven't been any other attempts via a shoe bomb proves that it works don't you think?
                              or maybe it proves that the shoe bomb idea wasn't a very good one in the first place so the terrorists abandoned it.

The Simpsons explains it best:

Homer: Well, there's not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is sure doing its job.
                              Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.
                              Homer: Thank you, sweetie.
                              Lisa: Dad, what if I were to tell you that this rock keeps away tigers.
                              Homer: Uh-huh, and how does it work?
                              Lisa: It doesn't work. It's just a stupid rock.
                              Homer: I see.
                              Lisa: But you don't see any tigers around, do you?
                              Homer: Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                                • Aug 2003

I figure a good Terror scare is deflecting the American attention from some other issue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍