• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: More Carry-On Items Banned on Planes

Originally posted by OpIv37
    it's a luxury for an American to live in the USA?

I don't know if there is a boat, and if it is it lives in Florida, which means it would take 2-3 days of driving and another 1-2 days on a boat to get there. Being that we have JOBS, we don't have that much time to spend getting back and forth.

So, for us, flying is only a luxury if you consider being able to see your family a luxury.
    flying, like driving, is a priviledge...not a right.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Valerie
      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
      dont fly then, you lost that courtesy of people not going into your bags years ago. *****ing aint gonna change it
      I don't ***** about it, LA. I just choose after that day to never check bags again. And I haven't. But now because of the latest parinoia apparently I am not allowed to carry my bags onto a plane because my $8 conditioner may blow up the plane. Or the water I'm drinking might blow up the plane.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
      The only answer I found for all this hurt
      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

un-freaking-real how otherwise rational people support knee-jerk reactions by the government that ban all of society from taking certain actions simply because a small group of people made one unsuccessful attempt to do something illicit once. The government has yet to even establish a credible tootpaste threat but theyv'e already banned it.

We have freedoms and rights in this society- the right to not be spied on by the government without probable cause and judicial oversight for one- and we shouldn't let the terrorists take that away.

Why don't we treat the CAUSES of terrorism instead of the SYMPTOMS- poverty, fundamentalism, oppression and alienation? Oh, wait- that's long-term and would take cooperation, insight and leadership. Let's just ban toothpaste instead.

Sorry Op, but I think you are incredibly selfish. You're willing to risk the lives of untold people because you think you have a constitutional right to carry toothpaste on board an airplane, bonafide threats be damned.

Like you said in your other post....the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Brush your teeth before you get to the airport.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

it's a luxury for an American to live in the USA?

I don't know if there is a boat, and if it is it lives in Florida, which means it would take 2-3 days of driving and another 1-2 days on a boat to get there. Being that we have JOBS, we don't have that much time to spend getting back and forth.

So, for us, flying is only a luxury if you consider being able to see your family a luxury.
          she is a citizen because she chose to come here for school and for some reason she married you which made her a citizen Im not up on how Puerto Rico fits in as far as being an American citizen, but in this country living where you want, working where you want and even going to school is a luxury that our freedom provides for us

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            flying, like driving, is a priviledge...not a right.
            then I guess seeing family is a priviledge according to you.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

she is a citizen because she chose to come here for school and for some reason she married you which made her a citizen Im not up on how Puerto Rico fits in as far as being an American citizen, but in this country living where you want, working where you want and even going to school is a luxury that our freedom provides for us
              ok, Puerto Rico is part of the US. she has ALWAYS been an American citizen from birth. It is no more of a privilege for her to move from PR to the US than it is for you to move from Buffalo to LA.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Valerie
                I don't ***** about it, LA. I just choose after that day to never check bags again. And I haven't. But now because of the latest parinoia apparently I am not allowed to carry my bags onto a plane because my $8 conditioner may blow up the plane. Or the water I'm drinking might blow up the plane.
                well Valerie welcome to world we live in, unfortunately people are more focused and scared of dieing rather than focusing on living and enjoying life

now that they have changed what you can and cant carry on its not gonna change, they have determined it a threat and since everyone is so afraid of dieing they are gonna ban it

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

ok, Puerto Rico is part of the US. she has ALWAYS been an American citizen from birth. It is no more of a privilege for her to move from PR to the US than it is for you to move from Buffalo to LA.
                  well then it still is a luxury for her to live on the mainland, just as it is a luxury for me to live in L.A.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                    Sorry Op, but I think you are incredibly selfish. You're willing to risk the lives of untold people because you think you have a constitutional right to carry toothpaste on board an airplane, bonafide threats be damned.

Like you said in your other post....the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Brush your teeth before you get to the airport.
                    I don't agree that it's risking lives and I don't agree that it's the only way to keep people safe.

If it's such a bona fide threat, how come we've had 60+ years of commercial flight without banning toothpaste or a single toothpaste-related mishap?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

well then it still is a luxury for her to live on the mainland, just as it is a luxury for me to live in L.A.
                      It's not a luxury for Americans to live in America. It's the right of every American citizen.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

$8? that's nuts...you got taken...

...and they serve water on the plane...BOTTLED water.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Um, maybe because nobody ever tried to blow up a plane before by smuggling in stuff that could explode in a tube of toothpaste or a jug of water???

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

then I guess seeing family is a priviledge according to you.
                            no...the choice of how to get there is...

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

when you move from where your family is part of the sacrifice is not being able to see your family when you want or in some cases need to.

It is a luxury we choose to live whereever you want to. So if they put new restrictions on travel since I chose the luxury of living in LA I have to abide by the restrictions, Im not gonna get all pissed off over something i cant change

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                                no...the choice of how to get there is...
                                there IS NO OTHER WAY TO GET THERE. IT'S A ****ING ISLAND.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞