Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Craig Nall wins the starting job....

Thanks
    Thanked 26,401 Times in 13,787 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Craig Nall wins the starting job....

... so be it. I honestly thought that he was brought here to be 3rd string despite the public statements of Levy and Jauron, but if he earns the job, I won't be complaining (for once).

I like Losman and I want to see him succeed, but it's more important that this franchise gets back on track and starts winning. Think about it: the reason most of us want JP to start is because he COULD be a franchise QB whereas Holcomb is DEFINITELY NOT a franchise QB. Nall is only a year or two older than JP and he's seen limited duty, so it's not like he's taken a pounding over the last few years. There's also a possibility that he COULD be a starting QB (not much of one, but if he earns the starting job he deserves the chance to prove himself). He has the same upsides as JP, just less game experience and not as much mobility.

If Nall proves to be better than JP, it means that JP was yet another collosal mistake by Tom Donahoe, but that's not important- the important thing is getting the best player on the field. I'm still pulling for JP, but if he's not the best, so be it- Nall could be a long-term QB option as well, which is what this franchise desperately needs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: If Craig Nall wins the starting job....

Just win baby!

Thanks
    Thanked 30,670 Times in 17,517 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the important thing is getting the best player on the field
    Some have been banging that drum for a long time.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    ... so be it. I honestly thought that he was brought here to be 3rd string despite the public statements of Levy and Jauron, but if he earns the job, I won't be complaining (for once).

I like Losman and I want to see him succeed, but it's more important that this franchise gets back on track and starts winning. Think about it: the reason most of us want JP to start is because he COULD be a franchise QB whereas Holcomb is DEFINITELY NOT a franchise QB. Nall is only a year or two older than JP and he's seen limited duty, so it's not like he's taken a pounding over the last few years. There's also a possibility that he COULD be a starting QB (not much of one, but if he earns the starting job he deserves the chance to prove himself). He has the same upsides as JP, just less game experience and not as much mobility.

If Nall proves to be better than JP, it means that JP was yet another collosal mistake by Tom Donahoe, but that's not important- the important thing is getting the best player on the field. I'm still pulling for JP, but if he's not the best, so be it- Nall could be a long-term QB option as well, which is what this franchise desperately needs.
    Nall isnt better than JP and wasn't from the first day of offseason training. DJ knows this. Its JP's job, name him the starter and cut the crap

Thanks
    Thanked 5,125 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The best player SHOULD be playing, regardless of draft status, salary, etc. The unfortunate thing for Nall is, if he IS the better player, he missed too much valuable practice/playing time those 2+ weeks and that set him back a lot. His 2 TD performance an 18 yard drive and against a prevent defense don't say to me that he should be the front-runner and the Bills can ill-afford to keep jerking JP around by NOT naming him the starter already.

And if Nall is the better QB and JP continues to make mistakes, Nall will get his chance sooner rather than later.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,670 Times in 17,517 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

JP did nobody any favors with his performance against Cinci. If he could've gotten out of that game with just one turnover, even, nobody would question Losman being named the starter this week.

After 3 TO's...it's questionable. If he repeats against Cleveland and still gets named the starter, the team is going to know for sure that the competition was rigged in JP's favor, and it won't be any different than last year when he was handed the job outright.

It's in Losman's hands...all he has to do is not 'F' it up, like he did last year. If he can't handle that, he certainly doesn't deserve to be leading an offense on the field.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

nall is not better than jp.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nall deserves a chance to work with the 1st string this week against Cleveland. Holcomb got his chance against Carolina, JP did against Cincy, now its Nall's turn against Cleve. And whoever has played the best gets to start against Detroit and prepare for opening day against NE.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't necessarily say that Nall deserves a chance to start. He went against 3rd and 4th stringers and led an 18 yard scoring drive and a long TD drive against future fast food workers who were playing prevent. At best, Nall deserves backup snaps and MAYBE a little action in the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    Nall deserves a chance to work with the 1st string this week against Cleveland. Holcomb got his chance against Carolina, JP did against Cincy, now its Nall's turn against Cleve. And whoever has played the best gets to start against Detroit and prepare for opening day against NE.
    Man this might be your most ridiculous post. What is this 3rd grade. "Evereybody gets a chance". Nall missed 2 weeks with an injury. At some point this team needs to be cementing it's O for the season. It's JP's team get used to it!!

Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment raphael120's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DJ did say that preferrably he'd want to name the starter after 2 preseason games and have that QB play the whole rest of the preseason, but they'll have to figure that one out. I think it's getting entirely TOO late to be bringing on this competition too much longer. hopefully DJ sees that it took converting 2 4th downs (which they would never do in real games). if it wasnt for those converted 4ths, he wouldnt have done jack squat. i think JP's the man, Nall the back up.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Man this might be your most ridiculous post. What is this 3rd grade. "Evereybody gets a chance".
    DJ is the one who said the starting job is open to competition. Why stop the competition now? What's the matter, afraid Nall might look better then JP? Then we can hear how Nall is a locker room cancer and should be cut.

Geaux Bills!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICE74129
    Nall isnt better than JP and wasn't from the first day of offseason training. DJ knows this. Its JP's job, name him the starter and cut the crap
    I don't know who will be the starter this year, but I assure you that Nall is a better QB than Losman. I know he's missed a lot of reps, but in the end we'll be a better team if he could be worked into the starting role.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ibatiger
    I don't know who will be the starter this year, but I assure you that Nall is a better QB than Losman. I know he's missed a lot of reps, but in the end we'll be a better team if he could be worked into the starting role.
    And I assure you he isn't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    DJ is the one who said the starting job is open to competition. Why stop the competition now? What's the matter, afraid Nall might look better then JP? Then we can hear how Nall is a locker room cancer and should be cut.
    Becuse JP has won it already. Do we need to post links to other teams message boards for you? Its apperant you can't handle JP being the starter so maybe you need to go somewhere else...for about the next 10 years as JP QB's this team

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Craig Nall is the one that going win games .
    And thats the it going to be

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And thats the way it going to BE.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nall hasn't done jack in his NFL career. He was undrafted, played in NFLE, and the Packers drafted a QB and let him leave even though said 1st round QB looked bad and Favre was all but retired.

Nall has a LOT more to prove than even JP. And too bad for him he missed too much time and won't have the time TO prove it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wene the bills step up and give craig a shout .The rast of the day is rolling
    fireing scoreing fighting .Nall will take the game by horns to win

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

True