• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Fin Fan Questions

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
    I was impressed with the DL, for being a bunch of fossils they held their own against the steelers.
    1) 2 yards a carry won't get the job done. I don't care if it's Pittsburgh.
    2) The secondary looks as bad as last year.
    3) Daunte's mobility is the only thing thing that is making the OL look reasonable.
    4) Your D is old and they were starting to wear down in the second half. Willie Parker ran for 115 yards.
    5) MM,MM,MM,MM Just wait. This is the single biggest problem you have. The "Silent Killer"

Comment

• feelthepain
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      1) 2 yards a carry won't get the job done. I don't care if it's Pittsburgh.
      2) The secondary looks as bad as last year.
      3) Daunte's mobility is the only thing thing that is making the OL look reasonable.
      4) Your D is old and they were starting to wear down in the second half. Willie Parker ran for 115 yards.
      5) MM,MM,MM,MM Just wait. This is the single biggest problem you have. The "Silent Killer"

1st game of the year!! I wonder how tough you'll be on the Bills Sunday!!

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Devin
        Are you concerned with Pep's play? Because it was pretty horrible for what you're paying him and how much he is meant to improve your team. Looks likes hes just picking up where he left off in Minny.

The defending superbowl champs minus star QB.

The fins are certainly better then they played I agree, but if everything you said was true then Saban was simply outcoached.

I'm not worried about much right now, if it were week 8, Yeah I'd have serious concerns, but honestly it's the first full game and you people act like we weren't in the game at all!! We had a chance to win in their house with 3 minutes to go in the game. I know you all want to cream in your panties because the fins lost, but lets not get carried away here.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
          I know you all want to cream in your panties because the fins lost, but lets not get carried away here.

actually,that miami cheerleader in FHM would do that before a Fish loss.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
            I was impressed with the DL, for being a bunch of fossils they held their own against the steelers.

Culpepper has never been good when there is pressure on him. Give him time and he will eat you alive, but pressure him and he panics and looks like crap.

Welker impressed me.
            yup, they gave Culp a lot of time. Why he wasn't able to make long throws makes you wonder if the fins are playing half of Linehans system and half Moolarkey.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• dplus47
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              yup, they gave Culp a lot of time. Why he wasn't able to make long throws makes you wonder if the fins are playing half of Linehans system and half Moolarkey.
              i think (and i'll have to check again) a lot of the lack of deep throws had to do with pittsburgh's coverage: they were giving a lot of cushion and playing for the deep patterns, so the phins were taking the WR screens and short stuff. i still believe in going deep at least once or twice in search of a flag, but i understand they were taking what was there.

the second pick--the TD by porter--was a pretty well executed zone blitz, something c-pep should be able to recognize after a season of practicing against it (i.e. dom capers' D). it was definitely the wrong read at the wrong time, but it was against a defenslive look that even marino had a lot of trouble with.

Comment

Working...
              X